Norcal's GRUB Thread

I went to a dessert place last night out here in the burbs....Dublin to be exact. If any of you are in the area, it might be worth giving this spot called Snowflake a try. It's shaved ice...but ...just not icy, it's really smooth like ice cream. Further details can be found on my review:

http://www.yelp.com/biz/snowflake-dublin#hrid:qYRIQdtxfgADvIjJJJ0aFA

BTW, if any of you folks are on there, feel free to add...I think it would be great to read up on places we might like

Didn't read through the whole thread yet but now that I relocated up in the area.

Looking forward to trying all the grub in the area :nthat:

Last edited:
Welcome! As you probably know the food culture up here is amazing. I still find something new each and everyday I go out. Looking forward to hear about your eating experiences up here.

If you want to know some of the places I already tried (the list is somewhat long). Shoot me a PM and I'll share.

Otherwise for my NT brethren, here's a spot you can't go wrong.

http://www.yelp.com/biz/hawker-fare-oakland

In terms of Mexican food, Papolote on 24th and Valencia is good. Not as good as El Farolito of course, but def worth checking out. A bit pricey for Mexican food though.

Anybody have good sushi roll spots in the city? For some reason, San Francisco isn't much of a sushi town to me. However once I go out towards the east bay, I'm almost always eating sushi.

In terms of Mexican food, Papolote on 24th and Valencia is good. Not as good as El Farolito of course, but def worth checking out. A bit pricey for Mexican food though.
Anybody have good sushi roll spots in the city? For some reason, San Francisco isn't much of a sushi town to me. However once I go out towards the east bay, I'm almost always eating sushi.

My friend recommended "Ebisu"...I'll be checking it out soon; taking the mother there next week.

guad got cheaper tacos. el farolito's green sauce is crack. and they got the best aqua fresca ive had since i been out here, hands down. AND their carne is :pimp:

Last edited by a moderator:
Nah but I'm not a big chicken eater.

I just moved to berkeley...telegraph and dwight way area.

If you're in the area hit me up we can burn.

YO in the city, check out Ike's Sandwich shop in SF in Castro.

If you like pho, then come over to Oakland at: Pho King.

whats area? im a recent relocation too :nerd:
i be bored.

Sorry for the delayed response, been busy for quite a bit.

I alternate between being in SF and the East Bay. However I'm about to hit up the South Bay a few weeks (have friends from out of town visiting) :smokin.

Any other spots you folks recommend? If folks wanna chill, no stalker/romo but let's get something going. If the NT NorCal folks are up for it.:nthat:

Anyone have any GoPago promo codes that are still valid? Im trying to grub for the free :lol:
I had umami and pearls burger, both on point!

Sofar I used THEFREAK, TIMMY, BROKEASS :D

Back
Top Bottom