Norcal's GRUB Thread

anyone cosign this place? http://www.papalote-sf.com/

had it for firsttime, so dankkkkkkkkkkkkkk. the sauce is
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by IMPORTKING

anyone cosign this place? http://www.papalote-sf.com/

had it for firsttime, so dankkkkkkkkkkkkkk. the sauce is
pimp.gif

Tripple Threat burrito with extra prawns.
tongue.gif

pimp.gif

As far as Sandwiches

Ikes

Little Lucca's

Roxies

Darby Dan's < Such a let down.

Mr. Pickles

Bake Sale Betty's

Kinders

Genovas

So this Comcast deal is ending on 9/30.. its Cable and Internet for 60 with free DVR or HD (6months), and free HBO (6months). Get at me if you're paying more for the two
(yes I'm hitting up every NorCal thread. I can hook just about anyone up)

Originally Posted by NikeSinceBirth

big problem with papalote and that triple threat burrito...who wants to pay near $20 for a burrito...come on now
Tried it once and had to split it 3 ways. Its not worth the hype or the 20 bucks. All their regular burritos are good and the sauce is crack. The fish burrito is my favorite.

indifferent.gif

On another note, can someone direct me to some good cheap food in SJ, preferably near the SJSU campus? Tired of La Vics and PMH.

lol at the sauce, me and my homie copped a few jars of the sauce, on the way back home one of the jars cracked in his book bag and ruined a pair of dunks, lol

Try:
Sonia's on 9th and williams
The Cheese Steak shop on Santa Clara in between 2nd and 3rd
Supreme Dog (used to be top dog) on 11th and san carlos
House of Bagels is next to supreme dog

Theres hella stuff on 1st that I haven't tried yet, like that vegan cafe

Originally Posted by TiDE619

So this Comcast deal is ending on 9/30.. its Cable and Internet for 60 with free DVR or HD (6months), and free HBO (6months). Get at me if you're paying more for the two
(yes I'm hitting up every NorCal thread. I can hook just about anyone up)
How much is it after the 6 months though?
I currently have the triple play and they had the same promotion at school, but adding a phone line with another company would just be the same.

Originally Posted by NinerFaithful

Try:
Sonia's on 9th and williams
The Cheese Steak shop on Santa Clara in between 2nd and 3rd
Supreme Dog (used to be top dog) on 11th and san carlos
House of Bagels is next to supreme dog

Theres hella stuff on 1st that I haven't tried yet, like that vegan cafe
I had Sonia's before and it was aight, nothing spectacular on the cheesesteaks but the burgers were hella cheap. Im tryin the burgers next time.
I always go to the 7/11 and I always overlooked House of Bagels and Supreme Dog
laugh.gif
Cheese Steak Shop look promising. I'll probably try one of the three this week. Good looking out.

I don't eat a lot of filipino food but when I do I go to the Lumpia House
pimp.gif

^I was just about to try that spot out since it's by my house and I got a groupon (~50% off)..

If ya'll like eating, you guys should check out Groupon on the daily. They usually have deals for food places that are ~50% off, good if you like to try out new places.

You can sign up here:
http://www.groupon.com/r/uu1138248

Jersey Joe's Cheese Steak > That joint up there.

It's probably been posted already in this thread somewhere.

Don't feel like digging through old pages, if it's already been brought up just bringing it back up, anyone been to Off The Grid yet (SF) ? I've been to a few, and even though it adds up, the atmosphere is worth it.

Originally Posted by JKiCKz9

Don't feel like digging through old pages, if it's already been brought up just bringing it back up, anyone been to Off The Grid yet (SF) ? I've been to a few, and even though it adds up, the atmosphere is worth it.
Yes, me and some friends happened to come across it on a bicycle ride last month. It was pretty cool, my favorite were the Korean tacos, with the Empenadas coming in second. I wanted to sample some Indian food but they were closing down-they close strictly @ 9PM apparently. It's definitely a cool event, it brings lots of foods together you wouldn't normally be able to try in one day. I'll go back for sure.

Going to Ike's tomorrow. Unhealthily excited to eat this sandwich. Havent been to the new place, but the old place was seriously the best sandwich I've ever had so Im hoping nothing has changed.

Thanks for the heads up - got pushed to tomorrow but saved me a lot of time, really appreciate it

It was everything I had hoped it would be...and just a heads up you can still order at the store, dont have to call ahead

Originally Posted by kapstone

It was everything I had hoped it would be...and just a heads up you can still order at the store, dont have to call ahead
Where are they now?

Originally Posted by Luong1209

Originally Posted by kapstone

Where are they now?
They are at Lime which is on Market between 15th and 16th.  The space is nice - they let you eat inside, so you dont have to take your sandwich to go...highly recommended.  

Back
Top Bottom