Northwestern Basketball: First Ranking in 40 years!! (25th in AP)

With the Football team in a New Year's Day Bowl (Outback v. Auburn), the basketball team making the AP Poll is another exciting step for our sportsprogram. 40 years!! Think about that the next time your favorite college team slips from 3 to 11 after a loss. This is truly great because our best player,senior Kevin Coble, and senior 6th man, Jeff Ryan, both were out for the season before the end of the 1st half of the first game of the season. NorthwesternAthletics are usually looked down upon so I'm really glad my school is receiving recognition. Props to the AP for recognizing our hot start (10-1) and
smh.gif
to the coaches poll.

Get the balloons?
Get the party poppers?

Nah...this is sad more than anything.
laugh.gif

Way to go off topic
laugh.gif

I gotta work at 5 in the morning today....I'm not going to bed. It'd be worse waking up on two hours of sleep than pushing through with nothing.

Originally Posted by JPZx

Way to go off topic
laugh.gif

I gotta work at 5 in the morning today....I'm not going to bed. It'd be worse waking up on two hours of sleep than pushing through with nothing.

I mean what was I going to say. You came in here with a salty comment. Northwestern Athletics program isn't that bad actually. We were 44th in theDirector's Cup standings last year.
Let me have my thread dammit!
laugh.gif

This is something to be happy about.. Especially if you are in the Big Ten and have not sniffed the rankings.
smokin.gif

I almost want to make a thread every time UofH Beats Arizona in basketball or when Kolb or Keenum goes off. But, I know where we stand as a program so Idon't get too riled up when we are recognized lol..
At least the State of Illinois can be happy about something now

Back
Top Bottom