NT Athiest's Luck vs. Blessing

Say you where in a car that got stalled on some train tracks, your doors wouldn't open, and a huge freight train smashed into the driver's side at 80mph and knocked your car off a bridge and into a lake of freezing cold water. But some how you escaped unscathed. Would you say it was a blessing thatyou're alive, or it was due to luck?

Probability...I'm agnostic, but read up on David Hume and Thomas Jefferson on Miracles, and you'll realize that they are nothing but statisticalprobability, or a false tale.

Luck. Why am I anymore important than anyone else for God to miraculously save me when innocent people die everyday?

Originally Posted by I Heart Brooklyn

ask that question to the families of innocent victims on 9/11 or any other catastrophe that involved innocent lives being perished..there is no god and there is no such thing as a "blessing"

Intervention, or lack thereof, by a 'higher presence' neither confirms nor denies the existence of higher presence. In other words, you can'treally prove it either way. Taking a stance like "there is no god" isn't very scientific of you.

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

Luck. Why am I anymore important than anyone else for God to miraculously save me when innocent people die everyday?
pimp.gif
tired.gif

Originally Posted by CJ863

Originally Posted by shatterkneesinc

you are asking this question to atheists, what answer do you expect to hear?
Exactly. The answer will depend on who you ask

Me personally I say its a blessing but I cant knock anyone who believes otherwise and calls it luck though

Originally Posted by duerr

ask that question to the families of innocent victims on 9/11 or any other catastrophe that involved innocent lives being perished..there is no god and there is no such thing as a "blessing"

Intervention, or lack thereof, by a 'higher presence' neither confirms nor denies the existence of higher presence. In other words, you can't really prove it either way. Taking a stance like "there is no god" isn't very scientific of you.

pimp.gif
well said sir...

Intervention, or lack thereof, by a 'higher presence' neither confirms nor denies the existence of higher presence. In other words, you can't really prove it either way. Taking a stance like "there is no god" isn't very scientific of you.
a3l73d.jpg

I suppose I never saw it that way...

Anyhow, I'm not trying to be a *%*!. I'm not a religious person, but I like to think I'm smart enough to admit I don't understandeverything, especially those things that are outside of our collective reasoning.

I honestly don't know, so its pointless to discredit either side.

so if your car gets demolished and you walk away without injury, you weren't lucky, you weren't blessed, you just happened to not get smashed also......and if the same exact action, with the same exact physics, occurred 1000000 times, you'd walk away 1000000 times...
eek.gif

laugh.gif

i never thought about it like that

Life itself is a blessing. Therefore, accidents in life are a blessing as well. Ya'll will understand one day. Every bad day is a blessing too. Iswear I wish I could enlighten so many people
smh.gif

Originally Posted by eNPHAN

Originally Posted by DearWinter219

Life itself is a blessing. Therefore, accidents in life are a blessing as well. Ya'll will understand one day. Every bad day is a blessing too. I swear I wish I could enlighten so many people
smh.gif
life itself is a blessing?

Hitler's life was a huge blessing.
Yes, indeed it was. And so was Judas' life. There are necessary evils that must take place for a higher purpose. Notice I didn't say"divine purpose". I don't mean to say that it's God's plan to kill Jews and yada yada. The point is that we learn from our own mistakesas well as others. Ain't no telling how many lives were affected positively by learning from holocaust survivors,or just by learning NOT to do what Hitler did.

Life itself is a blessing. Therefore, accidents in life are a blessing as well. Ya'll will understand one day. Every bad day is a blessing too. I swear I wish I could enlighten so many people
smh.gif

Accidents are accidents......they occur in the universe....noone causes them, there is no deeper meaning behind them...

if i walk outside, slip and fall.....it's because the physical surface wasn't ideal for walking....not any other deeper meaning...

i'm a fairly spiritual person, i do believe in a higher power, i just think the higher power created us, granted us free will, and let us alone....

if a stray bullet hits a kid one night, nothing guided it besides the mechanism that fired it out of the gun....there was no outside force.....

why do people feel the need to explain things they are completely clueless on?

that $!$% was cool back in like 1200 B.C.,

we in 2009....if it doesn't make sense, it's not "god", it just doesnt make sense to you...you should probably find someone who can make sense of it...and if noone can make sense of it, don't attribute it to a make-believe being....

"why did this happen?"

"i don't know....do you know?"

"no, i don't...i guess it was god's plan"

eyes.gif

"Why does this sun rise and set everyday?"

"i don't know...do you know?"

"no, there must be some sun god who drives it into the sky and into the ocean everyday....yeah, that's it...a god"

eyes.gif

like i said, perfectly fine in 1200 B.C., not at all cool in 2009...

wow its rare to hear a spiritual person speak like that.

I'm not religious, due to many of the things u just said.

DearWinter219 wrote:

smh.gif

Yes, indeed it was. And so was Judas' life. There are necessary evils that must take place for a higher purpose. Notice I didn't say "divine purpose". I don't mean to say that it's God's plan to kill Jews and yada yada. The point is that we learn from our own mistakes as well as others. Ain't no telling how many lives were affected positively by learning from holocaust survivors, or just by learning NOT to do what Hitler did.

You're wasting your time on that douche. Posts go pretty much like this:
Originally Posted by enphan

roll.gif

Insert nonsensical comparison

roll.gif

More nonsense

eyes.gif

eyes.gif

More nonsense

laugh.gif

go back and format double space so everyone can be sure to see my post

laugh.gif

******** someone else in the thread who agrees with me.

Honestly, I wouldn't even respond directly to him. ***** like enphan are convinced they are right about everything. Probably a college freshman/dropout.

Edit: I'm sure he'll be responding to this before I even finish editing.

DearWinter219 wrote:

smh.gif

Yes, indeed it was. And so was Judas' life. There are necessary evils that must take place for a higher purpose. Notice I didn't say "divine purpose". I don't mean to say that it's God's plan to kill Jews and yada yada. The point is that we learn from our own mistakes as well as others. Ain't no telling how many lives were affected positively by learning from holocaust survivors, or just by learning NOT to do what Hitler did.

roll.gif

roll.gif

More nonsense

eyes.gif

eyes.gif

More nonsense

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Honestly, I wouldn't even respond directly to him. ***** like enphan are convinced they are right about everything. Probably a college freshman/dropout.

Attack the man and not his words I see. Are your sentiments the result of your lack of a response?

Originally Posted by TrueshotAura

DearWinter219 wrote:

smh.gif

roll.gif

roll.gif

More nonsense

eyes.gif

eyes.gif

More nonsense

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Attack the man and not his words I see. Are your sentiments the result of your lack of a response?
laugh.gif
enPHAN is cool in my book. I just know how sarcastic we both are, and I honestly didn't read most of his reply for that reason. Sarcasmshould be left out of threads about God imo. Whether you believe or not, there's no place for mockery of another's beliefs.

I would say that it is what it is... I would just stay away from that train track again in the future.

But I think Hancock would save me
pimp.gif

3397397735.jpg

Back
Top Bottom