NT authors? I wrote a book and ready to publish...

anybody on here ever use createspace from amazon?

Any authors or publishers here on NT as far as writing or music?

Basically just finished a book and not sure what the next step is... thanks fam

Yo. I'm doing a haiku a day for a year and I'd love to turn it into a book. 
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by rayray3thousand

anybody on here ever use createspace from amazon?

Any authors or publishers here on NT as far as writing or music?

Basically just finished a book and not sure what the next step is... thanks fam
Congrats OP.
I'm finishing up a book now and am interested in hearing from someone that's had some success in publishing.
I'm leaning towards self publishing because of low cost, low risk, and high return based on how hard I work to
market the final product.

Here's a very helpful link that should get your started on thinking about how you want to proceed.
http://reviews.cnet.com/self-publishing/

Speak to JohnnyRedStorm. He's an NT'er and he's a writer. I remember seeing him writing in the Knicks thread about trying to get his book published or something along those lines so contact him

Originally Posted by FOG

Care to share what your book is about? 
smile.gif

We have 'sunday night family dinners'...
For the past two years I have gone an hour early to my grandparents house and sat down and talked with my grandfather.  The book is about his journey through life, told by me.

I reflect on his past, and relate it to what we see today...

ps - my grandpa is a 72 year old practicing psychiatrist in Hawaii who still surfs 
pimp.gif

If you want to go the traditional route, you'll have to look up literary agencies and send out query letters (some ask for ten to fifty page samples), which is hell since you have to wait six to eight weeks usually just to see if they're interested in reading your novel. I'm not familiar with self-publishing so you'll have to talk to that one dude that did it on here. But before you do any of that, I highly recommend you read and revise it three times to insure that everything is perfect (some stuff to look for: continuity, generalizations, making verbs more active), and have a few people close to you check it out as well as someone in the know (could be a fellow writer or an old teacher).

Congrats on your accomplishment fam, and keep writing.

Originally Posted by ATLien Seeko

Disreguard my above statement. I didnt mean it, but I had to put it... Strange urge...
roll.gif

Ive thought about writing a book before, not to brag but Im like a modern shakespeare
grin.gif

Originally Posted by ATLien Seeko

Disreguard my above statement. I didnt mean it, but I had to put it... Strange urge...
roll.gif

it's all good man, I actually laughed anyway (figured you were joking)

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

If you want to go the traditional route, you'll have to look up literary agencies and send out query letters (some ask for ten to fifty page samples), which is hell since you have to wait six to eight weeks usually just to see if they're interested in reading your novel. I'm not familiar with self-publishing so you'll have to talk to that one dude that did it on here. But before you do any of that, I highly recommend you read and revise it three times to insure that everything is perfect (some stuff to look for: continuity, generalizations, making verbs more active), and have a few people close to you check it out as well as someone in the know (could be a fellow writer or an old teacher).

Congrats on your accomplishment fam, and keep writing.
thanks fam... a good friend of mine has a mother who was a professional editor for a few published books.  I gave a copy to her, still awaiting feedback.
I am leaning towards self publishing on createspace.  Im not looking to profit from the book, I was actually going to attempt to put all proceeds towards a scholarship in his name but not sure how to even start that process (tax implications, etc.)

Back
Top Bottom