NT Ballers: What's your routine before you make your freethrow?

My boys and I were talking about it during intramurals.

Hornacek's got his touch of the cheek, Rip's bounce to the side, Gil's around the waist, to Stack's low squat...

Me?

1. Dribble 5 times (fave number)
2. Bend up and down in the knees while at the same time spinning the ball in the palm of my non-dominant hand, twice.
3. Release. Basket made.

laugh.gif

You guys?

3 dribbles spin of the ball and release. Pretty simple.

Tried the Gil-Zero and didn't like it last year.

Chest thump twice, kiss 2 fingers to the sky, roll the ball twice around my waist, salute the soldiers, dribble once, pull my ears, touch my toes, wink once,shrug my shoulders, close my eyes, SWISH!

lick my fingers, wipe the sweat off my forehead, huff and puff a few times, take 3 dribbles, spin the ball in my hands, then i take the free throw.

when i was younger i used to do the steve francis stretch along with a deep breath followed by a pause and quick glance at the rim

laugh.gif

i thought i was doin it.

now i just take 2 drobbles, no spin and shoot.

I don't have a routine before I make my freethrow.

But I do before I attempt my freethrow.
laugh.gif

I basically just stare at the middle of the rim and then shoot the ball. You need to be a NBA second-tier star at least to have a FT routine. Let's be serious, gentlemen.

Originally Posted by ERASCISM

I basically just stare at the middle of the rim and then shoot the ball. You need to be a NBA second-tier star at least to have a FT routine. Let's be serious, gentlemen.
I was taught this since 5th grade (my first year of bball) to have a routine to create a rhythm.

In that case.

Spin
2 dribbles
Spin
2 dribbles
Shoot.

Run hand through hair
Wipe hand on shorts
Dribble
Spin in hand
Dribble
Dribble
Spin in hand
Shoot

pimp.gif
Money.

Either Dennis Rodman (nonchalantly shoot the ball immediately after the ref gives it to you) orNick Van Exel (shoot your free throws from 17-18 feet).
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom