NT Book Club Vol. WDYRTD

Originally Posted by shottadru718

Originally Posted by JPioneer

Currently (still) reading the autobio of Malcolm X... I have to say this book is both thrilling and powerful. Wakes up a lot of thoughts in my white european head that is almost as uneducated as you can be about black history.

personal fav...read monster and native son

Who is the author?

Originally Posted by Iron Mike

Originally Posted by CWrite78

Ghost-In-the-Wires_Gearpatrol.jpg

reading this right now.

awesome book, some of the stuff this dude did to companies and their reactions are hilarious. the man was a genius.
not that it should change the way you read the book or react to it, but he is a pathological liar. everything he says i take with a couple grains of salt.
blood meridian for me right now. 

Noted. Some of the stuff he says seems really far fetched. Makes me wonder if he is lying, really smart, or people are really stupid.

Anyway, I have "American fascists" coming in the mail this week. Waiting for demetri martin's book to go on paper back and death of the liberal class to go on paper back also.

Btw, why does the title separate today into two words?

What Did You Read To Day?

Cmon son

Yo, currently reading Crime and Punishment and hopefully I'll pick up some Borges(still don't know which book of his to pick up, so if you've read any and got a suggestion, feel free to suggest) and the brothers karamazov.

JRS-How was Infinite Jest bro? Did you finish it?

Originally Posted by FlacoBey

currently reading the Marrow Of Tradition

I gotta check out some of these book you guys are recommending

No one cares

Anyway I just started Invisible Man the other day, really good so far. 

Next up is Plato's Republic or A Thousand Splendid Suns - Khaled Hosseini

any of you guys former non-readers?

i love going to the book store and seeing a bunch of books, i just wish i was more of a reader... anyone like me? if so how did you change yourself to read more?

i used to HATE reading.

then i picked up a book that caught my attention (dont remember the title, but it was about a chick's life as the daughter of a yakuza member)

then i got a kindle, which made buying books extremely easy.

now i love reading.

This summer I was readin' something adventurous (hey I read more than a book a season - say a book and a half
grin.gif
)

022_057-5F~Treasure-Island-Posters.jpg

I use to be a non-reader then I started thrifting great book titles.

Don't be dismayed by bad books, the good ones are out there.

Much thanks to NT for all of the recomendations through the years. It has really helped to reinforce the enrichment of reading.

The "Lesson" made such a huge impact on me, that I'm looking forward to all the other books (mostly novels) out there that I can take something, anything away from.

The journey of a well-crafted novel is like nothing else in the world.

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Anybody gonna cop this book when it comes out?? [/color]
nerd.gif
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]
 [/color]
eric-thomas-secrets-to-success-book-cover.jpg

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Has anybody read this book?? [/color]
Seal-of-Honor-Operation-Red-Wings-the-Life-of-Lt.-Michael-P.-Murphy-USN.jpg

I used to be a non reader.

I love reading now.
I read a lot of fiction. There are some great stories! I like being entertained after reading bio, chem and studying.
I been a fan of Albom for a while, though. Started with the Five People you meet in heaven. Great book, then For one more day. I have his other two books that I still need to read.
During Borders closing down I went ham on buying books
laugh.gif

Bought the third reich, malcom X, escobar, and other fiction books

Originally Posted by Hendrix Watermelon

Yo, currently reading Crime and Punishment and hopefully I'll pick up some Borges(still don't know which book of his to pick up, so if you've read any and got a suggestion, feel free to suggest) and the brothers karamazov.

JRS-How was Infinite Jest bro? Did you finish it?
Got through the first Idk 50-100 pages (don't remember exactly) which were good but sorta just lost interest and stopped reading. I'll get back to it eventually.

Salinger and Bukowski.
One of my main influences as a writer
pimp.gif

Shoulda picked up Ham on Rye when I saw it on sale at Borders for 80% off; now the entire place is empty
30t6p3b.gif

I'll probably get through Less Than Zero tomorrow and start up something more challenging. Maybe I'll get back to Infinite Jest or give Joyce another try.

I just finished reading it and I love it too.

So much wisdom in such a tiny book. It's hard to apply some of then when we have such a limited scope on life.

Will probably read it every year from now on.

I took away love everyone and give back. When you die that love will live on.

Originally Posted by Simba King

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Anybody gonna cop this book when it comes out?? [/color]
nerd.gif
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]
 [/color]
eric-thomas-secrets-to-success-book-cover.jpg

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Has anybody read this book?? [/color]
Seal-of-Honor-Operation-Red-Wings-the-Life-of-Lt.-Michael-P.-Murphy-USN.jpg
Dont know if I should mess with Eric Thomas. I bought his dvd and it would not play on any of the dvd players in my house. Nor my laptop or friends Xbox 
30t6p3b.gif

Im scarred if I buy it online I will receive a book with blank pages
laugh.gif

Just read Jim Collins' "From Good to Great". It was, blah. Didn't really like his premise, and it was really much more academic than I figured it'd be.

That was for work, the next book for work is "How To Win Friends and Influence People".

I have always wanted to be an avid reader but never really felt motivated to do so since I always had so much reading to do in college. After graduating I've been trying to make an effort to start doing so, and recently finished my first book for casual reading.

I had heard so many positive things about this book in my writing courses in college (which mostly focused on science fiction) that I had to make it my first purchase. Definitely a good read (though at times the writing could get a little convoluted); would recommend to anybody looking for a really atmospheric story.

Back
Top Bottom