NT Can We Have A Mature Marijuana Discussion Vol. Should We Legalize It?

My typa thread!!

There are benefits of it staying illegal and there are benefits of it being legalized. We should all know by now that marijuana is not dangerous by any means, if you believe otherwise, do a quick search on google to see the huge list of harmful side effects of smoking such a dangerous substance (sarcasm). I think the main argument is whether or not the illegal or legal benefits would outweigh the other. Living in the Bay Area with multiple dispensaries everywhere, I would have to say weed prices at these dispensaries are about the same as what you can get on the streets. The consistency of quality of weed is of course higher in these cannibus clubs. But if you know the right people, it's not that hard to get good quality weed on the streets for joog.

Originally Posted by 4318MichaelJohnson4318

Originally Posted by Weekz

I'm for legalization with regulation.
First off you need a special license to sell it, grow it, or both.
Second, 18 and up to purchase it.
Third, there must be a cap on the THC percentage.
No. Why? That would eliminate the sell of any concentrates like hashish or kief. I believe those are actually better to smoke than actual the plant since you only want the THC & CBD and not the other 80-90% of the plant matter.

I never said the cap was going to be ridiculously low. I know of hash and other high potency strains.  My concern is those strains that are so strong (or mixed with other intoxicants and narcotics) that it messes people up more than usual.

Originally Posted by buggz05

What do you mean the tax on it would be outrageous? In the medical marijuana states the dispensaries are charging street prices or lower on the weed. Also its not hard to grow weed the average person can easily do it themselves like with any fruit. Your neighborhood weedman will be forced to go to Community College and pick up a trade.

These are all good points, but I don't want the gov/corp. touching my crop. Look at what they did with tobacco. Go buy some imported hand-rolling tobacco and compare it to an emptied out "otc" cigarrette. The quality is 
sick.gif
 and they put all types of toxic chemicals in there.
Also, I'm not sure how we could have decriminalization without legalization?? How would that work?

You ever here of organic products? If you are really that paranoid im sure there would be a whole foods for weed. The medicinal community as I have already stated has been doing a better job at having quality bud better than your street dealer. You trust the dudes across the border better than a US Corp?

I am very familiar with "Organic" and "Natural" products, as ordained by the FDA. I am familiar with how unregulated they are.
And I don't smoke that mexi-shwag -- 
indifferent.gif
 -- but I trust suppliers with reputations at stake, and federal government does not breed those kinds of suppliers.

I feel like if weed was legalized the government would ruin it just like they have tobacco. They would sell it in gas stations and put different chemicals and stuff in it to make it addictive and of course it would be more expensive. I think it's a "be careful what you wish for" kind of topic.

Originally Posted by Tr1ll

I'm against legalizing it. The tax on it would be outrageous, plus there would be so much red tape around selling it your neighborhood weedman would get knocked out of business.However, I'm all for decriminalization.

What do you mean the tax on it would be outrageous? In the medical marijuana states the dispensaries are charging street prices or lower on the weed. Also its not hard to grow weed the average person can easily do it themselves like with any fruit. Your neighborhood weedman will be forced to go to Community College and pick up a trade.

Its cheap like that because it SUPPOSED to be for medical purposes. I wouldn't be suprised if its covered under the states medical assistance programs( I don't know, that just an assumption). If it was just outright legalized, it would be for entertainment(?) purposes, and would be taxed like cigarettes.

Also it would be considered an intoxicant, thus people would endup getting DUI's even though it hardly effects your ability to drive.
You're right, its not hard to grow weed. So they would regulate the crap out of it(licenses, designated land for growing), making sure a regular person wouldn't grow it.

People think legalizing weed means people walking down the street blowing smoke in the Police's face. Its not gonna go down like that.

I'm against legalizing it. The tax on it would be outrageous, plus there would be so much red tape around selling it your neighborhood weedman would get knocked out of business.However, I'm all for decriminalization.

People think legalizing weed means people walking down the street blowing smoke in the Police's face. Its not gonna go down like that.
This.
There'll be too much yellow tape surrounding it.

Im 100% for legalization. The only reason it was made illegal is because of racism and propaganda.
How about we make alcohol illegal too then, and see how many people against the herb will still be down, even though its much more harmful.

Originally Posted by ErickM713

This.

So thats your argument? you dont want it legalized because you cant blow smoke in peoples face? 
roll.gif
roll.gif
 people do not smoke to smoke in public, smoking in public isnt even legalized like that for cigarettes lets be more realistic.

These are all good points, but I don't want the gov/corp. touching my crop. Look at what they did with tobacco. Go buy some imported hand-rolling tobacco and compare it to an emptied out "otc" cigarrette. The quality is 
sick.gif
 and they put all types of toxic chemicals in there.
Also, I'm not sure how we could have decriminalization without legalization?? How would that work?

You ever here of organic products? If you are really that paranoid im sure there would be a whole foods for weed. The medicinal community as I have already stated has been doing a better job at having quality bud better than your street dealer. You trust the dudes across the border better than a US Corp?

I am very familiar with "Organic" and "Natural" products, as ordained by the FDA. I am familiar with how unregulated they are.
And I don't smoke that mexi-shwag -- 
indifferent.gif
 -- but I trust suppliers with reputations at stake, and federal government does not breed those kinds of suppliers.
So what do you eat? You say you dont trust corporations so do you own your own farm? Hell you could grow your own weed if you wanted to im not understanding your argument.

This.

So thats your argument? you dont want it legalized because you cant blow smoke in peoples face? 
roll.gif
roll.gif
 people do not smoke to smoke in public, smoking in public isnt even legalized like that for cigarettes lets be more realistic.
So much for a mature discussion right?
Everything Tr1ll said makes sense, it's not about blowing smoke in peoples face.

From my perspective, it just bothers me seeing people kill themselves with all this terrible medicine and and treatment. I mean have any of you personally known someone on chemotherapy? You literally have to sit and watch them deteriorate right in front of you. I think it's a vile and barbaric practice.

Yet sadly enough people killing themselves with chemo thinking it's their last alternative. And these same people are terrified even in their dying state enough to reject marijuana based on the current propaganda and information out there. It's sad that people are dying en masse from cancer, yet people know the truth and are waiting for it to become economically viable before they release a version of curing medicines.

It's crazy the amount of new drugs come out fda approved each year then 2 years down the line your watching daytime tv and an ad from a lawyer saying you are owed damages because you took this death pill and your doctor recommended it to you...

The hypocrisy is too dam high

I'm for legalization with regulation.
First off you need a special license to sell it, grow it, or both.
Second, 18 and up to purchase it.
No. Why? That would eliminate the sell of any concentrates like hashish or kief. I believe those are actually better to smoke than actual the plant since you only want the THC & CBD and not the other 80-90% of the plant matter.

I never said the cap was going to be ridiculously low. I know of hash and other high potency strains.  My concern is those strains that are so strong (or mixed with other intoxicants and narcotics) that it messes people up more than usual.
What strains??? There is NO weed strain that is mixed with other intoxicants. MISINFORMATION. 

This.

roll.gif
roll.gif

You're taling to Erick, right? I sho said more than that.

This.

roll.gif
roll.gif

You're taling to Erick, right? I sho said more than that.
yeah more to him than you I read his before I read your whole thing...
But on you specifically the only argument you have on it is that the DUI issue, more than likely there would be a sobriety test that would have to be created to see if a person is able to drive similar to drinking.

You guys are making it seem like weed is something more than a fruit its just like tomatoes man 

Originally Posted by Trelvis Tha Thrilla

Im for leagalization based on the things you stated. Its ridiculous that you can go out and buy cigarettes or alcohol with no problem. Those two items alone kill a huge amount of people.

I also think marijuana laws are causing over crowding in prisons and jails and personally I dont think a guy in trouble for marijuana should be locked up in a place where there are also killers, rapists, and molesters.

I also think there should be regulations on marijuana like there are for cigs and alcohol. Should have to be 18. Cant just have fields of marijuana growing in your backyard or open places that others could come in contact with. Cant do it around schools. Cant drive under the influence, etc...
I think this would be a point for your opponent.

Dude, THC content means little to nothing. A strain that's 17% can get you way "higher" than one containing 20%. The effects a person feels is based on their own body chemistry and how it reacts to not only the THC, but also the CBD and other metabolites.

And no one "laces" weed, that's a huge myth. Drug dealers will NOT give you more than you pay for. People just don't do that. Why would you wanna kill your client? Makes no business sense.

What strains??? There is NO weed strain that is mixed with other intoxicants. MISINFORMATION. 

That's not what I mean. I am doing poorly in the clarity index today.  I meant that I don't like the idea of there being ridiculously potent weed out there, OR there being weed sold that is mixed with another chemical substances (for example: wet wet, which is weed dipped in embalming fluid).  I didn't mean that people were growing a weed/cocaine hybrid or anything like that.

Originally Posted by an dee 51o

Dude, THC content means little to nothing. A strain that's 17% can get you way "higher" than one containing 20%. The effects a person feels is based on their own body chemistry and how it reacts to not only the THC, but also the CBD and other metabolites.

And no one "laces" weed, that's a huge myth. Drug dealers will NOT give you more than you pay for. People just don't do that. Why would you wanna kill your client? Makes no business sense.
ever heard of wet wet?

^Read my post right above. PCP is expensive, no dealer is giving it to someone for free. Bad business.

It seems like you gained most your knowledge from TV or movies. Dudes SELL PCP, they don't just spike it randomly. Why, as an entrepreneur, would you give something away that a) Might kill them, b) Cause them to go crazy or c) Costs you extra

Life isn't like Friday

Originally Posted by jbpkickz

wat if they leagalized it , but only reg, no exotic
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I just want growing for personal use legalized. %*!# a tax and a card, let me grow my own on my own property.

It probably should be legalized...but currently its illegal, so I dont get how people get mad when the cops harass them for it

Originally Posted by an dee 51o

^Read my post right above. PCP is expensive, no dealer is giving it to someone for free. Bad business.

It seems like you gained most your knowledge from TV or movies. Dudes SELL PCP, they don't just spike it randomly. Why, as an entrepreneur, would you give something away that a) Might kill them, b) Cause them to go crazy or c) Costs you extra

Life isn't like Friday

Actually it's based on a friend going to the hospital for buying weed he didn't know was laced (I personally don't know what it was laced with though).  One can never tell what goes through the mind of a drug dealer.  Just a thought: what if the dealer wants to add a little extra somethin something so that their client thinks the weed is the %%*! and comes back for more?

Back
Top Bottom