NT, can you recommend me some retro's and team J's for outdoor ball?

cp3isdatruth

Banned
I would REALLY appreciate the info from you guys/hoopers...for team shoes..i was thinking about the Jordan 1 alphas and the Jordan All-Day..not sure though..

and for retro's i think some, XX's, X's or XIV's would be good...let me know y'all

just an opinion not so much info, but alphas would just look ill to play in, they seem to be nice with the zoom air in them, but more so cause they'd look dope.

I can vouch for playing in the Jordan Alpha 1 outdoors, they are really compfy and the zoom air helps with the cushioning. I've only been playing in them for about 4 weeks but they have been good and they dont look completely messed up playing outdoors.

XIX, XIV, XII, XIII, and XXI. It really depends on the player but I think that the XIXs are some of the best jordans to play ball in. The zoom air in them feels amazing and they are extremely durable as well.

Originally Posted by CP3isdatruth

I would REALLY appreciate the info from you guys/hoopers...for team shoes..i was thinking about the Jordan 1 alphas and the Jordan All-Day..not sure though..

and for retro's i think some, XX's, X's or XIV's would be good...let me know y'all

The Retro X isn't at all well cushioned, i'd suggest new insoles.

Aside from that, an outdoor could would make short work of the X and XIV.

Originally Posted by Groady Wang

XIX, XIV, XII, XIII, and XXI. It really depends on the player but I think that the XIXs are some of the best jordans to play ball in. The zoom air in them feels amazing and they are extremely durable as well.

Wouldn't recomend the XIII or XXI for outdoor either.

The XIX... i guess the traction pattern is a bit more agressive, but i suspect the rubber is still going to be pretty soft.

Recommendations in order of my personal preference:

1. Air Jordan XIV
2. Air Jordan XX
3. Air Jordan XII
4. Air Jordan VII

I wish that I could recommend more, but my on court experience is limited to the sneakers on the list above.

Originally Posted by l Silky Johnston l

Jordan XIV's are great for playing in.

Check my signature and let me know if you are interested.
eyes.gif
eyes.gif

The XII, Melo M4 or M5 or M6, 9.5, Show 'Em, Work 'Em. XIV are great for indoors not outdoors, the traction wears out fast.

Actually this is a pretty stupid question... but no offense, OP, it's not really your fault.

You see, Jordan Brand has notoriously dropped their quality in the last decade or so. While the major releases - like the 2010 - still get that top tier JB treatment, the Retros and the Team gear are at the bottom of the barrel in terms of build and manufacture. You should see how angry the JB threads are whenever someone gets a hands-on of the newest retro that look hot but ends up being crap.

So, the shoes that hold up well outdoors are the ones that are the best made. Higher quality materials, better stitching and glue, better patterns for durability, traction that holds up, etc, etc, etc. That means that the one thing you want a shoe to do - be high quality - is the opposite of the brand division you're looking in - retro and team. So you're screwed. I wouldn't ball in any of those shoes.

For my feet, the most comfortable jordans are the VIs, VIIIs, and XIIs.
But I wouldn't wear either of them for outdoor ball.

-Jordan Team Flow

Originally Posted by ZombieJesus12

Actually this is a pretty stupid question... but no offense, OP, it's not really your fault.

You see, Jordan Brand has notoriously dropped their quality in the last decade or so. While the major releases - like the 2010 - still get that top tier JB treatment, the Retros and the Team gear are at the bottom of the barrel in terms of build and manufacture. You should see how angry the JB threads are whenever someone gets a hands-on of the newest retro that look hot but ends up being crap.

So, the shoes that hold up well outdoors are the ones that are the best made. Higher quality materials, better stitching and glue, better patterns for durability, traction that holds up, etc, etc, etc. That means that the one thing you want a shoe to do - be high quality - is the opposite of the brand division you're looking in - retro and team. So you're screwed. I wouldn't ball in any of those shoes.
I'm going to have to agree with Zombie.  I ball outdoors in my retro Jordan XIVs all the time (after creasing and scuffing), and they do fall apart after a bit   However, they are one of the best indoor hoop retros--same with the AJ XIX.  I love those!  But anyway, from what I've heard and read, one of the best "outdoor" hoop kicks are the Nike Sharkleys.  You still should be able to find those at various stores for cheap.  
Also, I wear some Proteges from K-Mart since I don't like my expensive kicks to get wrecked outdoors.  I can definitely recommend the Steven Jacksons (love my red pair), but NOT the Hustles.  They will destroy your feet and ankles.  If you buy some proteges, wear some thicker socks and put some new cushioning insoles inside them or use some from another pair of kicks.  It won't be that much extra if you buy new, though.

Good Luck.

i play in my black/white X's i feel that they are very comfortable and hug your feet like a big sock...i feel like ive beaten them up these past 4 months but theyre still good lookin...XX's i heard are very nice to ball in also

Back
Top Bottom