NT - check out what I found (PICS)

So on a Friday night, with nothing to do, I decided to clean out one of my desk drawers. There was a whole bunch of crap, brought me down memory lane more thanonce.

I eventually came upon this thing, one of the OG G-shocks! It was given to me as a present from my uncle in Japan when I was about 11 or so, which means thisthing dates back to about 1997-1998. A lot sturdier feeling than the new G-shocks, made inJapan, and pretty retro with the OG '97 dials
laugh.gif
With a bit of touching up (some of that paint's peeling off), cleaning, a new watchband, and a newbattery, ya'll better believe I'm going to be rocking this alongside my other, newer watches
pimp.gif

85pfiqh.jpg

727my6t.jpg

Originally Posted by yamakazi18

So on a Friday night, with nothing to do, I decided to clean out one of my desk drawers. There was a whole bunch of crap, brought me down memory lane more than once.
Doesn't cleaning up when you haven't for a while always do that?
laugh.gif

But that takes me waaay back to 7th and 8th grade. Nice find.

Originally Posted by the hater boxden

g shocks look ridiculous
smh.gif

co-sign

some do look ridiculous, not all. i got a nice little basic one for xmas and i get compliments at work all the time.
dw56rtb-7_xlarge.jpg

pimp.gif
plus it has a leather wrist strap compared to the rubberones.

Originally Posted by MayweatherMiami

$+*@ dont even got a calculator on it , how u gon calculate how much vajayjay u gettin??

even a calculator can't count up to infinite
pimp.gif

jp
laugh.gif

yea i actually think g-shocks in general have gone awry, kinda like nike and retro'ing everything in every imaginable colorway and calling them LE's.

doosta that watch is clean probably one of the few new g-shocks i would actually wear. the only reason i'm going to be wearing my old one is forsentimental reasons. despite the fact that i don't think it looks so cool as it did when i was 11.

A couple months ago I found some Oakley Frogskins in my desk drawer that were probably from 1990ish.

That's a dope one, you should def bring that back out. I love doing that, I've found clothes I wish I could fit. Medium Andre Agassi cut off shirt lol(remember they made those?), man it's so good to be a pack rat.

Originally Posted by Purple Sneaks

some g-shocks are alright.. but why have a watch when you have a cell phone?

Sometimes I like the convenience of just looking at my wrist for the time rather than reaching in my pocket for my phone. It's easier to do when yourhands are full or when you're driving, etc.

Originally Posted by Purple Sneaks

some g-shocks are alright.. but why have a watch when you have a cell phone?

actually, if you look into higher end men's watches, most of them are for show, not to tell actual time. case in point: most high end watches areautomatic or manual winding, and lose about 2-3 seconds a day, and would never be as accurate as just a normal quartz watch. it's basically like men'sjewelry, which is why they're sold in jewelry stores
happy.gif

Back
Top Bottom