NT Computer Experts Need Help!!! Vol. Download folder gone fuuuuuuu!!!

I turn on my computer and I get some bs error message which I think was "Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library Runtime Error!" but dont remember exactly what.

Now my download folder is missing and I cant find the files I had in that folder at all. Is there a faster to recover find those files without having to use a recovery program? 

I turn on my computer and I get some bs error message which I think was "Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library Runtime Error!" but dont remember exactly what.

Now my download folder is missing and I cant find the files I had in that folder at all. Is there a faster to recover find those files without having to use a recovery program? 

umm check your browser and see where all your download stuff goes to? better yet check your recycling bin.

umm check your browser and see where all your download stuff goes to? better yet check your recycling bin.

that runtime error and the disappearance of your Downloads folder should be 2 completely unrelated things

1) re-download/re-install the runtime components: http://www.microsoft.com/...B9F2BC1BF&displaylang=en
2) do a search for your files (maybe the folder's moved but I'm guessing it's been deleted)
- or better yet, just download whatever files again (how important can your Downloads folder be?)

that runtime error and the disappearance of your Downloads folder should be 2 completely unrelated things

1) re-download/re-install the runtime components: http://www.microsoft.com/...B9F2BC1BF&displaylang=en
2) do a search for your files (maybe the folder's moved but I'm guessing it's been deleted)
- or better yet, just download whatever files again (how important can your Downloads folder be?)

Another solution, you could open up whatever browser you're using (i.e. FireFox, Chrome) and click on the tools section. (There should be a FILE - TOOLS - VIEW etc. section).
There should be something that says settings/preferences. After you click on that, you can customize your downloads settings (including what folder you want all your files redirected too).
I hope this helps you out OP, it doesn't necessarily find your DL folder nor does it create a new one but atleast you can keep track of your downloads again.
As for the Runtime Error, that has nothing to do with your DL folder. That happened to my brother's comp quite a few times, but it was because his laptop was prone to virus attacks.

P.S. I'm using a Macbook and Firefox, so the instructions might be a little off. For the most part though, you should be able to find what I'm talking about.

Another solution, you could open up whatever browser you're using (i.e. FireFox, Chrome) and click on the tools section. (There should be a FILE - TOOLS - VIEW etc. section).
There should be something that says settings/preferences. After you click on that, you can customize your downloads settings (including what folder you want all your files redirected too).
I hope this helps you out OP, it doesn't necessarily find your DL folder nor does it create a new one but atleast you can keep track of your downloads again.
As for the Runtime Error, that has nothing to do with your DL folder. That happened to my brother's comp quite a few times, but it was because his laptop was prone to virus attacks.

P.S. I'm using a Macbook and Firefox, so the instructions might be a little off. For the most part though, you should be able to find what I'm talking about.

Will try those solutions, thanks swyftdahoe, txrook

I tried to search for the files and ran a recovery program but the files and folder are completly gone. I would redownload everything I had but those 720p vids take forever to dl

Will try those solutions, thanks swyftdahoe, txrook

I tried to search for the files and ran a recovery program but the files and folder are completly gone. I would redownload everything I had but those 720p vids take forever to dl

Back
Top Bottom