NT Dads. Post Pics of your shoes with your kids shoes

Since my daugher turned old enough to start telling me what she wants to wear day to day, I started trying to get her matching pairs to the ones I pick up so we can wear them together. I know I'm not the only guy on here with a little kid running around, so anyone else got some pics like this

Her favorites for us to wear together are the Cement IVs and Cherry IVs.

I'm hoping to get her a pair of 14s and a pair of 7s before the summer is over.

I don't want to start an argument, so please don't take this harshly. I don't have kids. But, I don't plan to indoctrinate my future children into the sneaker culture. I think that when they are young, it's largely wasteful to spend money excessively on something that they child doesn't appreciate and that should really be about function over form.

Of course, your passions will influence your children. And, that's fine - but I wouldn't want to cross the line between influencing my kid to like sneakers and making that decision FOR my kid. My kids can be interested in whatever they want, whether I'm interested or not.

Now, you said that your daughter is old enough to actually have a preference, so that changes things a bit. But, I will qualify that statement with this one. I don't know how old she is, but just because she appears to enjoy them, that doesn't mean she is actually appreciating them for what they are. She may know it makes her daddy happy to do that and she could (naturally) just enjoy making her daddy happy. In that case, what she could be enjoying is father-daughter time and bonding, in which case the fact that it is over shoes as opposed to something else is largely arbitrary.

Personally, I'd avoid what I can to instill any hobby in my children that is built largely around consumerism. But, that's just me. I can't deny that it's a cute pic up there though.

Again, this is just for the sake of discussion and offering varying perspectives. I'm not judging you here.

Last edited:
Thanks for the parenting advice.

Anyone else have a cool pic of their kids shoes with theirs?

cherry IVs?

I agree somewhat with BIP, and thats why with my son I buy him kicks, but dont spend too much $$ on em. He wont appreciate them, even though he likes em. Hes just going to tear them up....

heres some pics of me and him wearing kicks together for sake of the topic...

mr6tj.jpg

282oo40.jpg

daughter and I...
29qio1w.jpg

son and daughter
fc5e1.jpg

Last edited:
cherry IVs?
]

Yeah the Voltage Cherry IV's that were released in kids sizes around the same time as the Cement IV's this past winter.

I'm guessing you guys are Laker fans by the amount of Kobe's and the pics outside the Staples Center, My daughter is still a little young, but she's been to 4 Celtics games with me so far.

She's getting pretty good at dribbling, but I think she is going to be more into softball than basketball judging by what she wants to do when we are outside.

Nice pics man.

lol.... good! I thought you were calling the IVs (fire red/varsity/mars or whatever) cherry... I hate that nick name more than any other nick name for white/red Js. :lol:

yup... Lakers for life man!

And to be clear i'm not spending my kid's future away on sneakers. Her shoes are pocket change while she's in such small sizes, and as long as she has fun opening boxes of pink sneakers i'm going to enjoy it while I can.

And to be clear i'm not spending my kid's future away on sneakers. Her shoes are pocket change while she's in such small sizes, and as long as she has fun opening boxes of pink sneakers i'm going to enjoy it while I can.

Again, I didn't want to make you feel like you were being judged. And, I'm sure you handle your biz and all that. So, I did not intend to insinuate that you were spending your mortgage money on baby Js.

My thing about it isn't really the cost to me, but rather that I'd potentially be setting him/her up for a pretty expensive hobby and if he/she is going to get into that, I'd like him/her to have as much personal agency in that choice as possible.

I like seeing kids with their dads in some matching sneakers. I'm going to have my kids in Js and forces once I have one or two
Personally I say enjoy it while you can (which it looks like you are) bybthe way, a local place has OLY 6s in kids sizes still :wink:

Here's a cool pic I found a while back

These are the only pics I have on my phone right now...

My son bred 9's,me cannons

4qpmk3.jpg

My son in mv's,my cuzzo 1youngblink1 in China's,me in Miami nights

a5lbc.jpg

My son in Og Concords,me in dmp's

264qbfl.jpg

Some photos I got of my boys in OG XI's, 2004 retro VII's, and 2011 concords

Og XIII's

Family in concords

Some photos I got of my boys in OG XI's, 2004 retro VII's, and 2011 concords

Og XIII's

Family in concords

twins double dipped in lo and jordans? good on you bruh, cats be shinin having their seeds looking like garbage pail kids.

Last edited:
I'm just gonna buy shoes in mens sizes and pack them away that way when my kid gets big enough he can have a bunch of heat that he'll be able to appreciate. I just don't see the point of buying my baby shoes when he's just gonna out grown them in a couple of months.

I'm just gonna buy shoes in mens sizes and pack them away that way when my kid gets big enough he can have a bunch of heat that he'll be able to appreciate. I just don't see the point of buying my baby shoes when he's just gonna out grown them in a couple of months.

Oh, and when they grow up they gonna be like Naw pops, I ain't wearin those old sneakers. Give me a pair of vans/boatshoes or some oxfords/loafers

Leave it to NT to take a mostly innocent and fun thread, and turn it into a controversial issue.

Great pics to all the fathers in here. I can't wait to have a little boy or girl of my own to buy kicks for!

[ATTACHMENT=330]IMG_20120405_181521.jpg (796k. jpg file)[/ATTACHMENT]
[ATTACHMENT=331]IMAG0056.jpg (889k. jpg file)[/ATTACHMENT]

Back
Top Bottom