NT Dads, present and future...did you want a boy or a girl?

I know people talk that @%%% like "oh, I was just happy to get a healthy baby"...and who doesn't...but deep inside, you know you wanted one or the other. Of course, we all know I didn't want either one really, but I just can't help but be very thankful that I got a son, because it really could have been worse.

I was just writing a little something about how glad I was about that today, which I won't post here because reading sucks, and it got me to thinking about how others feel about it. I mean, there has to be somebody here who wanted a little girl...right?

Let's type about it...which did you want and why?

Trust me...you just want the baby to be healthy. The sex really doesn't matter. There are a lot of ups/downs in that 9 months, and if that boy/girl comes out w. little-to-no complications, you're VERY lucky.

We find out the sex on May 31st and I want a boy. I want a girl too, but just want the boy first....And DoubleJs you are right about ultimately wanting a healthy baby. I'm constantly worrying about the health of the baby. I stay asking mass questions at the dr appointments lol
roll.gif

Originally Posted by thisizdray

Why on earth would a guy want a girl?

Very good question...it's just that every time I mention how relieved I was to get a boy, people want to jump all over me like "oh that's not right, you would love your daughter less, you should just be happy to be blessed with a child, omg you're a bad person" and I just wanted to see how many other males have similar attitudes.

Originally Posted by CJDynasty

We find out the sex on May 31st and I want a boy. I want a girl too, but just want the boy first.

That's how I feel...now that I got what I (kinda) wanted, I'm open to a girl...but having her first would have broken my life. Good luck tho, bro.

Originally Posted by potus2028

Very good question...it's just that every time I mention how relieved I was to get a boy, people want to jump all over me like "oh that's not right, you would love your daughter less, you should just be happy to be blessed with a child, omg you're a bad person" and I just wanted to see how many other males have similar attitudes.
...was it mostly women who said this? 

^Yeah, most were, but there were a few guys with that noise too...they did have daughters though.

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Trust me...you just want the baby to be healthy. The sex really doesn't matter. There are a lot of ups/downs in that 9 months, and if that boy/girl comes out w. little-to-no complications, you're VERY lucky.

I think VERY lucky is a stretch, seeing as the majority of babies are born just fine, so the odds dictate that any given baby has more of a chance of being okay than not...but you're right, it is a relief to know that there's nothing to worry about besides the next 18+ years.

If I had to choose...I'd want a girl. No doubt. I think having a daddy's little girl would be precious.
laugh.gif
srs.

Im at work so someone post that Subaru commercial of the dad talking to the little girl. When she says "Daddy ok" it melts my heart. That's what I'm talkin bout.

My first kid was a boy. I was seriously expecting my second child to be a girl but instead it was a boy. Im extremely happy with what god gave me. Both kids are fun to be around with and both of them love sports. Couldnt have it any better. The wife loves it too. Sometimes she does say that she wants a little girl but because I got the operation done, we cant have anymore kids. Well I cant.

Originally Posted by potus2028

^Yeah, most were, but there were a few guys with that noise too...they did have daughters though.

I think VERY lucky is a stretch, seeing as the majority of babies are born just fine, so the odds dictate that any given baby has more of a chance of being okay than not...but you're right, it is a relief to know that there's nothing to worry about besides the next 18+ years.
It's not just about the whole delivery process bro.  I don't know if you have kids or not, but there are a lot of things that can go wrong in the first trimester as well as things that can go wrong in the months leading up to the birth.  There is A LOT to worry about.  I'd really like to meet a father/mother out there who had no worries during those 9 months.  It was the most nerve-wracking(sp?) period of my life. 

*edit*

Let me ask....how many of yall were like me in that you didn't care about the sex of the baby? 

Wanted a boy and got a boy, but being a dad 5 yrs now i'm kinda leaning towards a girl but i'm most likely done.

i want a girl cause i wanna spoil the %$*$ out of her lol, but know I'm gonna have a boy since everyone else i know has a girl already. and those of you who had a healthy baby don't' take it for granted. seen a lot of crazy %@@#

See, we do have some folk who want daughters...

potus2028 wrote:

DoubleJs07 wrote:

It's not just about the whole delivery process bro.  I don't know if you have kids or not, but there are a lot of things that can go wrong in the first trimester as well as things that can go wrong in the months leading up to the birth.  There is A LOT to worry about.  I'd really like to meet a father/mother out there who had no worries during those 9 months.  It was the most nerve-wracking(sp?) period of my life. 

Oh, you WANTED kids...I can see why that whole process worried you then. That's different. Me, not so much...but it still managed to be plenty nerve wracking...I was on a tip like "man, if this +#$% does happen all the way, can I at least get a boy?"

Luckily, due to some good shooting by me, I got one.

Even though kids aren't at all on my mind right now, I always assumed when I eventually have kids, it'll be a boy first, a girl second,
and then a coin flip for the third.

I didn't think I'd like a daughter when I was younger, but I spent time hanging out with my cousin's 5 year old last year and she was the coolest person ever. I had so much fun hanging out with her and playing, her gender didn't matter.

I think most guys say they wouldn't want a girl because A. they'd be afraid they couldn't do the "father/son" activities with her and B. that they couldn't handle the thought of her dating and having sex. It's not a coincidence that a lot of people I hear say the latter are often the ones who treat women poorly and have said or done anything just to get into a girl's pants. So they're probably worried about guys out there who are like them being with their daughter. About that, all you can do is hope to teach her self-respect and responsibility. She'll grow up and make adult decisions, which you can't control.. so you do what you can and that's that. So I think a lot of men's bad relationships and experiences with women have scared them away from having a daughter.

I also think a lot of people think in traditional and outdated gender roles and performances, so they think they can't do "boy" things with their daughter. It's not impossible or against the law to play sports with a daughter or to do most of the things you would do with a boy. People are just afraid of doing things outside "the norm", it's your kid... if you want to go camping together, go camping. Want to go to a baseball game? Then go.

If and when the time comes for me to have kids, I'd just want a healthy one. And not just a healthy birth, but childhood and later on. My brother's first kid was a son, so the family name will continue on, so that takes the pressure off
laugh.gif

I wanted a boy and got a boy..I flat out didn't want a girl..That's not to say that I wouldn't have been extatic with a girl and loved her just as much as my son, but I'm glad I got my boy..

Wanted a boy, got a girl. Watching her grow has been the best. She has stolen my heart

This right here.
I honestly had no preference at all.

Didn't know the gender until the baby popped out.

I did. With the grace of Allah, I have a beautiful princess.

1.  My grandmother lost her daughter at a very young age. I promise her that I would have a daughter and name her after my aunt. 
2.  I didn't want everything I did come back onto me though my son or myself.
laugh.gif

3.  Daughter's are more attach to fathers. I wanted that bond.

Originally Posted by marmourjr

I did. With the grace of Allah, I have a beautiful princess.

1.  My grandmother lost her daughter at a very young age. I promise her that I would have a daughter and name her after my aunt. 
2.  I didn't want everything I did come back onto me though my son or myself.
laugh.gif

3.  Daughter's are more attach to fathers. I wanted that bond.

pimp.gif

I already have one son, but I would want a little princess that I can spoil and give EVERYTHING she wants. 

Back
Top Bottom