NT: Do you believe in Karma

On my lunch break I ran to the barber shop across from my job. got a shape up that cost $7. Gave the dude a $20 bill and he accidently gives me $23 in change. i'm walking out counting my comeup and nearly get hit by a motorcycle while crossing the street. I immediately turn around and give the guy back the moeny and get the right change. i'm thinking that I dont need this kind of bad karma. Anyone else believe it actually exists or is it a way that people are trying to guilt us into doing good?

IN b4 TLDNR gifs

laugh.gif
eek.gif
damn

I only believe in massive coincidences though.

If you need to almost get hit by a motorcycle to give your barber back the correct amount of money....what does that say about your character?  Not taking a shot at you or anything personal, just saying though.  

To asnwer your question...yes.  In the grand scheme of things...good things happen to those who do good IMO at least. 

I do. I don't believe it's always immediate, but it will come around.
You can't just do what you want and expect natural law to not apply to you. 
laugh.gif

Anyway, from personal experience, I stole something from a job I had a few years ago (one of my homeboys tempted me), that very same day I lost something which belonged to a kin of mine. That night forever changed my life. Never got caught for what I stole, but the outcome of me losing this persons belongings sent me into a whirlwind. 

"Karma" ftw  
pimp.gif

I was outside before I realized because I was gonna pull out some money to get some lunch and saw the extra $$$. I was like Eff it, until the crazy biker dude damn near clipped me. I dont need that.

One time I saw this homeless lady with her kid on the subway and gave her my last $10. On my walk home I find a crisp $100 bill. Was so shocked. I figured it was good Karma and kept it. didn't know who to give it to. Ended up buying a round for my friends at the bar with it the next day. whatever

With your logic, the barber must have done something bad to lose his money.

Apply that same logic to rape victims. Did they do something bad to deserve being raped?

I believe in it only in this way...

If you do good things you'll end up surrounding yourself with good people. In return these people you surround yourself with will help you out when you need it. Do I think giving a stranger money will directly effect me? No. But I do it anyways because I am a good person.

I believe in it, it got me last nite.... This Jo was giving me some baby bop and told me to tell her when the glue gun was going to fire.... I hate having that big moment interrupted so I didn't say anything and it got on her and my floor as I go to get her something to clean it up I slipped in it and hurt my back smh.... She said if I had told her she would have just swallowed it.... Karma striking quick....

Originally Posted by NikeAirForce1

Apply that same logic to rape victims. Did they do something bad to deserve being raped?

More with my logic, he did something good so that me giving him back the extra $10 was the reward. Maybe that was the last $10 he had to pay to rent out the chair and really needed it.

I have no clue where you're going with the rape victim thing. that has nothing to do with my question

Or he did something good to get his money back?

Not really. If you're the type of person to consistently do grimy things, there will be consequences and they'll eventually come back to bite you. You might get away with certain things, but it only takes one false move to hurt you. That should go without saying. However, on the flip side, there seems to be significantly less likelihood of positive outcomes happening to people who consistently do good deeds. You can do everything in life the right way, that doesn't mean you're entitled or you'll be receiving "good karma" for your troubles.

if you got hit, i would understand you saying bad karma but since you didn't get hit i would have took it as another notch
on the luck streak
pimp.gif

++@* KARMA!

I have spent my whole !#**%%$ life holding doors, saying thank you, not objectifying women, not cheating, i've worked at group homes for the high functioning mentally impaired, i've worked for tax firms who help poor people, i've worked at the immigration rights clinic at my law school to help poor immigrants, i've driven a female friends uhaul 4 hours so she could start her new job, i've volunteered at middle schools to mentor the youth in my current city.

All my family are in similar, public service industries. Corrections, Child Protective Services, Mental Heatlh, EMT

You know what that got me?

14 !#**%%$ dollars in my checking account and no idea how im going to survive till i take the BAR, which has caused mad stress about passing the BAR. I could get a job, but that will just increase my chances of failing due to lost study time.

And not a single family member in financial position to help me.

++@* DOING THE RIGHT THING AND HELPING OTHERS GO FOR YOURS, CAUSE NONE OF MY SELFISH, DRUG DEALING, WOMENIZING, CHEATING friends are stressed about %@#! right now. Likely because they do whatever the ++@* they want without worrying about some stupid concept like KARMA.

Originally Posted by Mister916

philosoraptor.jpg

I don't believe in karma but I do believe in consequences. you can't escape karma because it's tied into fate or destiny (which I also believe aren't real) but many consequences can be avoided.

luck is also %%+%%$%@.

Originally Posted by PharelFor3

NikeAirForce1 wrote:

More with my logic, he did something good so that me giving him back the extra $10 was the reward. Maybe that was the last $10 he had to pay to rent out the chair and really needed it.

I have no clue where you're going with the rape victim thing. that has nothing to do with my question

What extra $10? You never mentioned this
laugh.gif

My rape victim question has everything to do with your question. Look at your title. Do you believe in Karma? So answer the question. Is it also karma for rape victims? Did they do something to deserve being raped?

Originally Posted by Mister916

If he got his money back, there was no loss or gain. Karma has nothing to do with this then. *edit* maybe he did something bad to lose the money, then he did something good to get the money back.
laugh.gif
all bs.

i dont....but i like this answer
Originally Posted by southernbeast

I believe in it only in this way...

If you do good things you'll end up surrounding yourself with good people. In return these people you surround yourself with will help you out when you need it. Do I think giving a stranger money will directly effect me? No. But I do it anyways because I am a good person.

Absolutely not.

It's a system that's used to keep you from doing bad things because of the consequences of "bad karma".

Though if it stops people from being deviants, I'm all for it.

Originally Posted by PharelFor3

NikeAirForce1 wrote:

So the cut was 7, you got 23, gave back 10 = 13. why you aint tip my g? that's why that motorcycle came, not cause you pocketed the money
grin.gif

There's no way of proving karma exists, so I'll pass. I do believe in a deterministic universe though.

Back
Top Bottom