NT, Do you use the Upword or Downward Nod when speaking? Vol Old school vs New School

Originally Posted by Peep Game

I realized over the years I give the downward nod to older people, probably like 35 and up, and the "wattup, bro (
laugh.gif
)" to everybody else. It seems
pretty natural too. It's not like "someone is coming towards me, they look 45, I must nod down".

Funny people used to make fun of me for saying "wassup" to people of power at my job. Really? I guess it is a time and place but I don't give a damn. I don't feel right saying, "Hey, how are you." I don't say that to anyone else, why am I starting now. "Wassup Matt."

But yea, I give upward head nods. Forceful ones. Almost comical ones at that.

Damn I just realized I nod my head alot, without any concern for the direction I do it in.

Will do the downward nod more often for individuals of acquaintance and individuals in power.

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

Funny people used to make fun of me for saying "wassup" to people of power at my job. Really? I guess it is a time and place but I don't give a damn. I don't feel right saying, "Hey, how are you." I don't say that to anyone else, why am I starting now. "Wassup Matt."

But yea, I give upward head nods. Forceful ones. Almost comical ones at that.
It's funny you mention that.  I went to a HBCU and around jr/sr. year all the dudes from the north (especially those in organizations) switched up and started saying "hey, how are you" to each other.  Now imagine two groups of people all saying "hey, how are you" and dapping each other up 
laugh.gif
Anyways, upward head nod to people I know, downward head nod to people I don't know or elders.

And if I give the upward head nod and I see you again right after I'm probably gonna give the downward head nod instead of another upward 
laugh.gif
. No clue why I do this, but I do

damn OP good thread.  i never noticed that there was reasoning behind it.
i'm a downward nod type guy when it comes to elders and women.  upward when it's friends.

If they can handle it, I will hit them with the upward nod.

If they can't I will hit them with a downward.

Back
Top Bottom