NT, Do your armpits sweat?

So whenever I'm wearing a dress shirt and tie and go outside, or even a white shirt, or hell ANY SHIRT. my armpits sweat and get through the shirt. It getsreally bad and I feel emberresed (sp?) to lift up my arms. I have tried 3 diff kinds of deo. Should I go to the doc and get prescribed deo?

I heard that there is nothing you can really do to fix this.
Its just something you have to deal with.

i hate it when i wear dress shirts in the summer time...doesnt help that i be playin the drums at church
laugh.gif

My armpits kinda do. My back sweats like a motherfluffer. My head doesnt really sweat at all though, its weird.

I wrote a long and informative post in the other deodorant thread. You should search for that thread and read what I had to say.

Originally Posted by TheBachellor

I wrote a long and informative post in the other deodorant thread. You should search for that thread and read what I had to say.
Anyone know where this post is? I gotta throw away my shirts after I wear them 3 times cause they get all discolored under the armpits from mysweating.
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif

Originally Posted by bjm5295

My armpits kinda do. My back sweats like a motherfluffer. My head doesnt really sweat at all though, its weird.

On some real $#!+. My shirt be feelin sticky as hell, but it never really seeps into the shirt, so even though it's annoying, no one notices. Same with myarmpits; it never stains my shirts, and thanks to my Axe Chocolate deodorant, no one notices.
tired.gif
tired.gif

It depends a lot on the shirts too.

You want cotton shirts if that's not what you're wearing - they're more of a pain to keep looking good though - take a lot more ironing.

I have some great non-iron shirts - that really are non-iron but in the summer I just get sticky - there's something about the treatment to the fabric thatclogs it up.

I have to wear regular cotton shirts in the summer.

anti-perspirant. use them. deodorant =/= anti-perspirant

or you can go the extreme route and get a botox injection

Mine sweat way bad if my deo doesn't have antipersperant in it, try using alot of that

5054_35.JPG

I use that and i don't sweat in the armpit... my back is a different story.

Originally Posted by Nickthestick91

Originally Posted by TheBachellor

Anyone know where this post is? I gotta throw away my shirts after I wear them 3 times cause they get all discolored under the armpits from my sweating.
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif

I copied and pasted what I had to say there, below (I also added additional information in bold about discoloring t-shirts):

First off, deodorant does not stop wetness, it gets rid of odor by destroying the odor causing bacteria and/or masking the odor withfragrance. What you want is an anti-perspirant, which stops wetness via swelling the pores in the underarms to prevent sweat from leaking out.Most "deodorants" are actually anti-perspirants & deodorants, however you need to look at the package to make sure it is indeed this combo andnot simply "deodorant". Since odor is caused by bacteria, which flourish in wet environments, if you can find a product that completely stops thewetness you'll find that your underarms smell very little, if at all.

The mistake that most people make is applying anti-perspirant right before you engage in activity or step outside. The product needs time to be absorbed in tothe skin and swell the pores up. What i've found is 1.5-2 hours between the application and going out is ideal. The reason that your t-shirts stainwhen you sweat is because the aluminum in the anti-perspirant mixes with your perspiration and turns in to a compound that discolors fabric. The are 2 waysaround this:
  • Allow enough time for the anti-perspirant to settle in! (You don't apply lotion to your skin, wash it off right after, and expect your skin to still be moisturized do you?) Like stated previously, 1.5-2 hours (for regular anti-perspirant) before you go out (and are not sweating) allows time for the product to settle in. OR
  • Don't wear anti-perspirant (obviously not the best choice if you're looking at this)
I HAD a wetness problem, and tried everything under the sun...until Certain-Dri entered my life

BS_CertainDri_366.jpg

It's pretty much the strongest thing on the market you can get without a prescription, and believe me... it works. Just make sure to get the ROLL ONvariety (pictured above) and not the solid (pictured below):

certaindrisolidbox001-266x300.jpg

Follow the directions exactly (i.e....apply it before you go to bed or at least 5 hours before you have to wake up... yes you CAN take a shower after it hassettled in). For added protection I set my alarm 2 hours before I have to wake up and have my Right Guard right beside me and apply a few strokes as well. Thiscombo literally had my arms arid dry while the rest of my body was drenched when I was working my moving job these past few 90 degree days in NYC.

Thank me later.

Back
Top Bottom