NT DO YOUR BOY A SOLID!

dontsteponmyshoes

Supporter
Im about 97% sure my mom is about to dump $3,500 down the drain. We test drove an 02 trailblazer for her and the *#!+ seemed like it was about to fall apart on the road, but she fell in love with it. Keep in mind I know jack about cars so im not of much help, can anybody run a carfax report on vehicle vin 1GNDT13S622178098. Any help before we get bamboozled on Monday would be appreciated.

Originally Posted by blondsoccerplyr

The dealer is required to give you one for free.

for some reason i think OP is talking about a private seller.

if it is indeed a dealer, then you're right. they have to give you a carfax

make sure they dont give you one of these

carfox.JPG

laugh.gif

Have a mechanic look at it, most of the time they do it for free, and never does anybody any hurt, I was about to buy a 03 mazda once, had it looked at, and the mechanic said it needed at least a $1000 in work. I woulda been out of thousands with that thing

Never buy a car unless you get an independent mechanic to check it out first...unless of course you know a @@$* ton about cars.

Originally Posted by 6 rings MJ

That's what the commercial says..
a dealer isnt "required" ...its a courtesy.. 
and seriously dude.. Carfax cost money.. i think like $20 for three VIN checks.. I dont think anyone is just gonna run that for you bro, but hey.. you never know

anyways, i bought one when i was shopping around for my Jag.. and while some were worth the money.. MOST WERENT.. the information provided in a report is very vague.. and not everything is reported.. if you have a trustworthy mechanic.. offer him the $20 instead of the carfax.. youll be paying for better information if the mechanic in trustworthy and knowledgeable.

If the car felt like it was gonna break down.. how did your mom manage to fall in love with it? 
laugh.gif

most private sellers sell their cars "AS-IS" so your best bet is to just have a mechanic do a pre-purchase inspection and try to haggle the price after with the seller.. goodluck bro. hope i helped.

Carfax reports can be helpful, but from my understanding if someone doesn't go through the insurance and fix their car by themselves if they have an accident, it won't be on the report. My advice would be to get a mechanic to look at it. An earlier post says that some do it for free, but even if you have to pay, still worth it IMO.

You can't cough up money for a history check yourself? And if your mom is mindless enough not to take it to a mechanic before she makes that purchase ...she deserves what she gets. When I was in search, I found an 05 accord for a decent deal, took it to a shop and they found some sort problem with the part that holds the motor in place. Not a huge expense but worth knowing and the seller knocked off a few. Well worth the $125 check up and peace of mind.

Originally Posted by MonStar1

any word?

Wont be sure until tomorrow. I gave her my reservations about it and told her about looking into a mechanic. Shes deadset on having a vehicle by tomorrow though, and Ill be at work so shes on her own on this one.

Originally Posted by YO GetOFFmyKickZ

Originally Posted by 6 rings MJ

That's what the commercial says..
a dealer isnt "required" ...its a courtesy.. 
and seriously dude.. Carfax cost money.. i think like $20 for three VIN checks.. I dont think anyone is just gonna run that for you bro, but hey.. you never know

anyways, i bought one when i was shopping around for my Jag.. and while some were worth the money.. MOST WERENT.. the information provided in a report is very vague.. and not everything is reported.. if you have a trustworthy mechanic.. offer him the $20 instead of the carfax.. youll be paying for better information if the mechanic in trustworthy and knowledgeable.

If the car felt like it was gonna break down.. how did your mom manage to fall in love with it? 
laugh.gif

most private sellers sell their cars "AS-IS" so your best bet is to just have a mechanic do a pre-purchase inspection and try to haggle the price after with the seller.. goodluck bro. hope i helped.
The guy gave her a story about having a sound system(subs, amps) disconnected and said one of the wires drained the battery. Also that the car had been sitting for four months because they have different cars now. I dont know logical I guess but I wasnt feeling it. Shes a woman she liked all the cosmetic stuff color, inside leather, sirius, navigation, blah blah.

But yeah thanx homie.

Originally Posted by DontStepOnMyShoes

Im about 97% sure my mom is about to dump $3,500 down the drain. We test drove an 02 trailblazer for her and the *#!+ seemed like it was about to fall apart on the road, but she fell in love with it. Keep in mind I know jack about cars so im not of much help, can anybody run a carfax report on vehicle vin 1GNDT13S622178098. Any help before we get bamboozled on Monday would be appreciated.
Here you go OP.I use this all the time and the report is only  $2. Same thing as carfax and the GOV endorses it.

https://mvscusa.com/products/nmvtis/

this link shows the .gov endorse it
http://www.vehiclehistory...vtis_vehiclehistory.html

UHHH BETTER TALK YOUR MOM OUT OF THIS QUICK! SAYING ITS EITHER STOLEN OR A SALVAGE CAR

Results for VIN: 1GNDT13S622178098
print Print this Page

VINCheckSM Theft Record

Warning!
VIN: 1GNDT13S622178098 has been identified as a vehicle listed in the VINCheckSM Theft Records.

Please call the NICB at 800.447.6282 ext. 7002, between the hours of 7:00 am and 12:00 pm CST, Monday through Friday, or via e-mail by clicking here, or contact your local law enforcement agency.

VINCheckSM is updated regularly as additional information is reported.
VINCheckSM Total Loss Record
AutoCheck
Further information is available through AutoCheck .

1GNDT13S622178098 has not been identified as a vehicle listed in the VINCheckSM Total Loss Records.

https://www.nicb.org/thef...fraud_awareness/vincheck

Originally Posted by 4U2C

UHHH BETTER TALK YOUR MOM OUT OF THIS QUICK! SAYING ITS EITHER STOLEN OR A SALVAGE CAR

print Print this Page

VINCheckSM Theft Record

Warning!
VIN: 1GNDT13S622178098 has been identified as a vehicle listed in the VINCheckSM Theft Records.

Please call the NICB at 800.447.6282 ext. 7002, between the hours of 7:00 am and 12:00 pm CST, Monday through Friday, or via e-mail by clicking here, or contact your local law enforcement agency.

AutoCheck

1GNDT13S622178098 has not been identified as a vehicle listed in the VINCheckSM Total Loss Records.

Hope OP sees this before tomorrow
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by akajaedeuce

Originally Posted by 4U2C

print Print this Page

VINCheckSM Theft Record

Warning!

AutoCheck

Hope OP sees this before tomorrow
laugh.gif
The only issue is if he mom might believe him or not. 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

"Boy I don't trust the internet"

Back
Top Bottom