NT don't mess with Bob Marley? vol. Official Reggae/Dance Hall Thread!

I'm glad Steel Pulse is getting their shine in this thread
pimp.gif

dancehall has gotten worse and worse over the years... and with kartel being in jail ,, and artist like popcaan/tommy lee/octance/konshens are the only artist i look at as doing something in his abscence..... while Mavado is focused on the international look.... and aidonia/jah vinci/khago partnership with corey todd went south quick... beenie/bounty/elephant man trying but aint really saying much........Baby cham has had some recent success.... but dancehall is not what it was

Reggae is good... Lutan fiyah/i wayne/Octane/Marley Family Tarrus Riley have all been puttin out hit after hit

Get More: Movie Trailers, Movies Blog

Looks like the Bob Marley doc is being released on %%%% appropriately enough. Reports say that facebook users will be able to pay $6.99 to stream the movie while it's in theaters. A portion of the proceeds are supposed to be going to Save The Children. Check out the preview from MTV above. Reggae fans should go see this flick. The doc is directed by Kevin MacDonald who did The Last King of Scotland.

@#$%&*@ yuku having trouble embedding video...Here's a post from The Hollywood Reporter, link here & story below. Can't wait to watch this...

Magnolia Pictures has set the not-so-surprising release date for Kevin Macdonald's documentary.
Magnolia Pictures has set the not-so-surprising release date of April 20 for the documentary Marley - more commonly referred to as %#!+ - but director Kevin Macdonald has already plotted the bonus material for the DVD package.

The two hour, 24-minute film will be accompanied with a disc that contains concert footage of four songs previously unseen, a 20-minute interview with Bunny Wailer, an interview with Stephen Marley that did not make it into the film and 20 minutes of people all around the world speaking about Marley and his music.

The film will be released theatrically, digitally and through video on demand simultaneously; a two-CD and three-LP soundtrack will be released April 17. There is no release date yet for the DVD.

While the film sticks closely to the story of Bob Marley's rise as reggae's first international superstar, Macdonald became involved only after he had assurances from the Marley family that he would be allowed to do the film he wanted. This authorized biography was first in the hands of Martin Scorsese, who could never fit it into his schedule, and then Jonathan Demme, who went down a path that the Marley's felt was inappropriate.

"I once made a film, about 10 years ago, with Mick Jagger," says Macdonald, a Scottish director known for documentaries and the much-lauded "The Last King of Scotland." "I followed him around for six months with a little camera. In the end his company was financing the movie and we disagreed about the cut. It was not a happy experience for me so I didn't want to get into that situation again. I was very clear and they were very clear that I would make the film I wanted to make. I would listen to what they have to say but I had to have editorial control."

Ziggy Marley, the first child of Bob and Rita Marley and the most visible musician with that iconic surname, backed up Macdonald's take on the process.

"On some stuff I gave my opinion, but Kevin override and I say OK because I trust Kevin," Ziggy Marley says. "He's a director, I'm not. I did my little part to get him access (to people in Jamaica).

"I'm a movie person. I know what makes a good movie is taking that ride -- laughter and the tears. When I saw the first cut, we were on the right track."

After viewing a three-hour cut of the movie that obviously needed to be trimmed, Marley recalls, "I said don't take out the sad stuff, because that's the stuff you really feel deep inside of you."

Macdonald set out to make a film that would inform the Marley children and grandchildren about Bob's life, which led to Billboard posing the question to Ziggy Marley about which stories he had never heard. One concerned his father's concern about his fair skin, the other about the song "Small Axe," which has long been seen as a song about taking down corrupt governments. In reality, it was about specific people in the Jamaican music industry.

"This film is not hearsay," Ziggy notes. "This is the real stuff here."

fbf262b628cf97ed12833d0e42e7ed3e34eea28e_r.jpg

The Marley doc hits theaters this Friday !*%@. The soundtrack is out today. For those looking to get into Marley, this soundtrack is more comprehensive than Legend. Here's track listing. I have all of these songs but I'm going to cop this CD anyway to see if the sound quality is any better.

Disc 1
1.) Corner Stone
2.) Judge Not
3.) Simmer Down
4.) Small Axe
5.) Mellow Mood
6.) Stir It Up
7.) Concrete Jungle
8.) Crazy Baldheads
9.) Natty Dread
10.) Trenchtown Rock (Live @ The Roxy)
11) Get Up Stand Up
12.) Work

Disc 2
1.) Jammin (Live @ One Love Peace Fest)
2.) Exodus Dub (Kindred Spirit Dub Mix)
3.) No Woman, No Cry (Live @ the Lyceum Show)
4.) War – Live! At the Rainbow
5.) I Shot the Sheriff (Live from the Lyceum)
6.) Roots Rock Reggae
7.) Three Little Birds
8.) Real Situation
9.) Could You Be Loved
10.) One Love / People Get Ready
11.) Redemption Song
12.) High Tide, Low Tide

Listening to the new Marley soundtrack reminded me of one thing, this song is great & how powerful a live performer Bob Marley was. He & the Wailers were INCREDIBLE musicians. Their ability to create a groove & just ride it so that hits your soul is just crazy...

The Marley doc is being offered on Video On Demand through most if not all cable providers. I have Comcast & watched it late with the wife. We both loved it. It's a must see for any reggae/Bob Marley fan. It was really well done & had a very good narrative. Check it out...

Jimmy Cliff - World Upside Down

The new Jimmy Cliff album (Rebirth) is a great release!!! Redeemafulacultcha ya'll!!! The NT change lost a lot of good reggae I posted. Damn...

Gyptian - Number One

The NT change deleted a lot of great vids I posted. Posting this Gregory Isaacs cover again...

Back
Top Bottom