NT Drinkers: You reckon you could quit??

ima give it a try....

%%+* been %!*++!% up my lifestyle...or should i say it pretty much became my lifestyle. its kinda startin to @!#@ with my health too.

And to add to that i have an unc' who has cancer cuz of heavy drinking so as much as it pains me, im lettin it go
tired.gif

anybody ever manage it?? whats life like without it??
embarassed.gif

i used to drink a half liter to a .75 a day in the summer, now i drink once a week.

sailor jerry or captain. its not like i was an alcoholic, me and my boys were always just bored with nothing better to do than kick it and drink and get upwith some girls.

I did. My grandfather was an alcoholic and there are a few other in my family that I would call alcoholics. I started drinking at a young age, like singledigits, and I just couldn't do it anymore alcohol just started making me physically sick, I just began realizing that I really didn't enjoy it and wasjust drinking just because I thought It was something I was supposed to do socially. I didn't drink any thing this New Years for the first time in years.

I really don't understand how people can become alcoholics. Of course I enjoy it when I do drink, but I really can't imagine ever fiending for a drink.

I'm actually taking it back a notch. I been drinking real hard the last year, me n my boys drink about 2 bottles a weekend. Got to slow it down and thegoing out associated with it. i don't drink at home or alone so if I cut the going out I can cut the drinking, plus I think I'm more addicted to thenightlife than the liquor.

man...this is a tough question...
I used to go out 6 nights a week
Margarita Mondays
Two Dollar Tuesdays
Buck Wednesdays
Half off at D n B thurs
Fri-whatver
Sat-whatver
Sun-80s club

Ok thats 7 days, but now its 1-2 days a week max.

Its hard especially when ur young (im 22)
But what else do you do when ur young and in school?

Just dont let it control you!

i have been drinking moderately lately. only have a couple beers, or no more than two/three shots of hard liq.

i use to drink to the point where i will start puking out blood.

i usually drink 2 beers for lunch at school and an OE at 3pm. i doubt i can stop.

laugh.gif
tell me why the cab driver last night asked my home girl for a shot and a beer, dudewas dead serious too.

I can stop if I wanted to. In general I don't think anyone ever "quits" something they just grow tired of it and choose to not partake in it fora time. Like I got fam that used to smoke 3 pack a day. They decided to stop, they never quit, but like every once and awhile they would smoke one. I feel theway towards drinkings and anything else in life. You never "quit" you just kinda realize, you like it, but can do without it. You still like it andpartake in it but it's not a big deal if you do it once and awhile or in the case of drinking you have control of it and you still got your priorities anddon't let it run your life.

I dont think I can stop. Im not on alcoholic status but when I go out I need to drink.

I used to pound a couple of tall cans of Mickey's or OE or 211 nightly...

...now I only drink when I'm hangin out with the homies, which is once or twice a week.

It pretty much sucks... but I had to get out of the habitual drinking before it became too late.

the longest i abstained from drinking was 8 months. i overdid it one night, missed my bro's graduation amongst other things. now, i think ive outgrowngetting completely wasted for no reason. you'll save yourself a TON of money if you go out once a month.

the longest i abstained from drinking was 8 months. i overdid it one night, missed my bro's graduation amongst other things. now, i think ive outgrowngetting completely wasted for no reason. you'll save yourself a TON of money if you go out once a month.

i believe i can quit...i stop drinking for couple of months and trust me club wasnt the same..

Originally Posted by jordan44

I can stop if I wanted to. In general I don't think anyone ever "quits" something they just grow tired of it and choose to not partake in it for a time. Like I got fam that used to smoke 3 pack a day. They decided to stop, they never quit, but like every once and awhile they would smoke one. I feel the way towards drinkings and anything else in life. You never "quit" you just kinda realize, you like it, but can do without it. You still like it and partake in it but it's not a big deal if you do it once and awhile or in the case of drinking you have control of it and you still got your priorities and don't let it run your life.

im hear you on this....
i believe i can quit...i stop drinking for couple of months and trust me club wasnt the same..

ima try that this weekend
laugh.gif
, never done it before
smh.gif

for all of last semester, i had to deal with getting a job, school, community service, parking tickets, traffic tickets, suspended license and car troubles. ifound myself taking a shot of vodka in the morning every other day to make the day go by faster/better. I even did my final oral presentation in my speechclass drunk but nobody noticed because I've already got an outspoken and outgoing personality when i'm not under the influence of any substance.
ohwell.gif
I can quit if I want to, plus I work out every day and I'm inmore than pretty good shape for a 21 years old young man. Like somebody stated above, however, I need to drink when I go out.

^I also did my final presentation drunk. Lots of people had shakey voices and were real nervous, but I aced mine. People would judge me if they knew that myfavorite times to drink are bright and early in the morning or on my lunch break.

Back
Top Bottom