NT: Eating Expired Foods?

Just opened a box of  devil dogs that said Best if Used by May 24, 2010. Am i going to die? tasted good so im not that worried.

Any of you guys ever eat anything expired?

"Best if used by" is not the same as an expiration date... it's more of a suggestion by the manufacturer indicating when the product is at the peak of its freshness. You're fine. 

I sometimes eat it if it's just a few days past, I heard they take like 2 weeks more than the date stamped on the wrapper or box (don't know if true though)

You're good OP

It's all good as long as it is the 1st week past expiration, I just ate a muffin today that was "supposedly" expired since 5/23/10

days? I go with years. koolaid from 2004. ramen noodles from 2006.. just use common sense and when its cooking, if it smells bad, its bad

Originally Posted by Billy BloodBath

"Best if used by" is not the same as an expiration date... it's more of a suggestion by the manufacturer indicating when the product is at the peak of its freshness. You're fine. 

perfect response, But as you eat you're going to examine the taste to make sure there's no surprises kid.
sick.gif

Expiration dates are just a method the elites use to control people. They force you to throw away perfectly good food and gives you a reason to constantly spend money on food you don't need all the while padding their pockets. Throwing out expired food is EXACTLY what they want you to do. Wake up.

Originally Posted by Boys Noize

Expiration dates are just a method the elites use to control people. They force you to throw away perfectly good food and gives you a reason to constantly spend money on food you don't need all the while padding their pockets. Throwing out expired food is EXACTLY what they want you to do. Wake up.
Yeah!! Especially when there's mold on my bread!! Those bastards!!

i do it all the time, its not that big of a deal.

just go by how it looks/smells or even take a test bite.

don't worry OP you wont die

modernization(expiration dates) have removed the natural instincts that human beings use to embrace in the past, but that is the least of our worries.

do you think mold is gonna begin growing on your food when the date that is printed on the packaging becomes present?!  these dates are only estimates and guidelines, you must also do some "work" and use your senses to determine if it is edible or not.

Originally Posted by WallyHopp

days? I go with years. koolaid from 2004. ramen noodles from 2006.. just use common sense and when its cooking, if it smells bad, its bad

why in NYC the milk says for example : expires on may 20th, in NYC may 14? why does it always have two expiration date?

As stated above, use by is a guideline, expiry is a you can use to this date, no longer.

I wouldn't touch dairy products that are past either date, but that's just me. *shrugs*

Originally Posted by Boys Noize

Yeah!! Especially when there's mold on my bread!! Those bastards!!
eek.gif

I had some nacho cheese growing mold once, but it wasn't past the expiration date. I was thinking about just scooping the mold out. I was really in the mood for some nachos with cheese.

Originally Posted by drsfinest72

why in NYC the milk says for example : expires on may 20th, in NYC may 14? why does it always have two expiration date?

i always wondered about that too.. maybe nyc is just so ahead of everybody else that their milk spoils faster?

I never eat/drink anything past their expiration date. Enjoy OP, and the rest of you, as I will continue to throw away expired food and buy the freshest quality available to me.

Originally Posted by Carver

RIP Food Poising dawg

Mannnnn I gave myself food poisoning 2 weeks ago by eating some expired salsa and tortilla wraps.  I didn't realize it was expired until after I ate it though.  It was a very crappy weekend...........literally. 
sick.gif

Back
Top Bottom