NT Fam' when two people have a child and seperate, what determines who keeps the child?

Lets say two people aren't married but don't want to be together, what determines who keeps the child??

It always seems like the mother keeps it and has the man on child support...

Thanks in advance!

This country is geared towards women.

I think I've seen once where the father keeps the child and gets child support.

Majority of times they want to keep the child with the mom. I have no idea the reason behind it :\

Couple of my dudes have their kids but get nothing from the mother :smh: :smh: :smh:

Recently did mine,The paperwork said only 2 weeks out of the summer.f that!!! Don't see how anyone could agree with that.Luckily me and baby momma are on good terms.So,it's whener I want to see my kid.My daughter is my life!

Recently did mine,The paperwork said only 2 weeks out of the summer.f that!!! Don't see how anyone could agree with that.Luckily me and baby momma are on good terms.So,it's whener I want to see my kid.My daughter is my life!

Just curious...if you and the BM are on good terms, why did u go thru the court system?

Courts favor the women. Alot of times women are granted custody when the man is much more fit to take care of the child. Go look at statistics. They are disgusting.

Also, dont believe the "deadbeat dad" image the media wants to put out. There are just as many women who dont pay their child support payments as men, you just dont hear about it.

Last edited by a moderator:

How did they come to that determination?? The way I see it if im more financially stable and my work schedule is a regular 9-5, shouldn't that be an automatic win in my favor if she isn't as stable.

(Hypothtical situation)

Majority of times they want to keep the child with the mom. I have no idea the reason behind it :\
Couple of my dudes have their kids but get nothing from the mother :smh: :smh: :smh:

I would want to just have the child, the mom's aid would be cool but not neccessary.

Last edited:
The courts.. i suggest get a good lawyer and if she doesnt have one or cant afford one you have better odds.. but tbh you have to prove her to be unfit.. if u cant more than likely she def will keep

The courts.. i suggest get a good lawyer and if she doesnt have one or cant afford one you have better odds.. but tbh you have to prove her to be unfit.. if u cant more than likely she def will keep

:smh: X 1000

Super discouraging.... I swear I fear marriage and having children just due to that fact that it can go soooo wrong!

The court system is so biased it's unreal. Only way a man can get custody is to prove she's unfit and then they may give it to the grandmother

in Florida, if a child is born out of wedlock the father has no rights until they go to court and established the rights

:smh: X 1000
Super discouraging.... I swear I fear marriage and having children just due to that fact that it can go soooo wrong!

dont get married, its a lose lose for a man anyway

have kids.... you can say "at least I didn't marry her" lose win

Mother has to be living her life Montana style for the courts to even consider giving the father custody. The system favors the woman to an unreal level. At me and the BM's mediation, it was as if I weren't even in the room. Good thing for me we already had the number worked out before we got there so it was good.

Majority of times they want to keep the child with the mom. I have no idea the reason behind it
ohwell.gif

Couple of my dudes have their kids but get nothing from the mother
mean.gif
mean.gif
mean.gif
sadly its true

i knew of a few cases:

1. highschool teacher and wife tried having babies but couldn't. they ended up adopting 2 after a long process. dude was so happy, man you could totally tell he loved being a dad finally. just found out like last year or so his wife divorced him and kept the kids

2. this one goes on the side of a women but ive heard of classes like this but reversed genders. dad is an addict who killed himself twice on an overdose but was revived both times. the court still ordered visitation rights to the father ... this makes me think wtf is up with the court system to put an infant baby in the arms of a man who cant control his own life, let alone the life of a baby

sadly its true

i knew of a few cases:

1. highschool teacher and wife tried having babies but couldn't. they ended up adopting 2 after a long process. dude was so happy, man you could totally tell he loved being a dad finally. just found out like last year or so his wife divorced him and kept the kids

2. this one goes on the side of a women but ive heard of classes like this but reversed genders. dad is an addict who killed himself twice on an overdose but was revived both times. the court still ordered visitation rights to the father ... this makes me think wtf is up with the court system to put an infant baby in the arms of a man who cant control his own life, let alone the life of a baby

Sense makes not :smh:

This is ish is super depressing... With the girls out here nowadays, I already determined there is a 95% chance I'm not getting married, but to have a child with someone you thought was cool just for them to flip and then your still screwed over (even if your a better parent!!) makes me scared of having children too....

Way to many :smh:

About 5 years ago I went to court and filed for split physical custody and split custody of my children. Basically as long as you don't have a criminal record and have a home where you can provided for them there should be no reason the courts don't give you this. As long as both you and the BM live in the same state. They great thing about this no one pays anyone child support. The child or children live with both parents. Mon-weds night with one and the rest of the week with the other. Here in NYC custody and support are to different cases so first get the court to give you split physical custody once that is established if you are currently paying child support ask to stopped seeing how now you have split physical custody and share the same financial responsibilities of the mom. If you can find out if the court can appoint you a free legal rep. Hope this helps.

About 5 years ago I went to court and filed for split physical custody and split custody of my children. Basically as long as you don't have a criminal record and have a home where you can provided for them there should be no reason the courts don't give you this. As long as both you and the BM live in the same state. They great thing about this no one pays anyone child support. The child or children live with both parents. Mon-weds night with one and the rest of the week with the other. Here in NYC custody and support are to different cases so first get the court to give you split physical custody once that is established if you are currently paying child support ask to stopped seeing how now you have split physical custody and share the same financial responsibilities of the mom. If you can find out if the court can appoint you a free legal rep. Hope this helps.

Thanks for the info, I'm in NY as well.

Repped.

Back
Top Bottom