NT Fathers Unite: Tips and Cheat Codes for 1st-Time Dads

Got it.

For all the DS Dads out there, the Total Baby iOS app was crucial for tracking daily events for the first 6 months. It's $5, but SO worth it. Since the Doctor wants to know almost every aspect of the baby's life and you're getting no sleep, you'll be surprised when you have or haven't last done something and what trends start showing up despite the chaos you're going through.

A security camera in the nursery was great too. Walked in the room one night to fix the camera and found a heavy blanket fell on him. Would have stayed that way all night if I hadn't found it. Not to mention knowing exactly what's going on in the room. Don't even bother with a "baby monitor". Just get a stock security camera, throw a password on there, and you can access from your home network and use your phone/tablet/computer.

They tell you to not let your kid sleep with blankets or have any toys in the crib. That's why they teach you to swaddle

Got it.

For all the DS Dads out there, the Total Baby iOS app was crucial for tracking daily events for the first 6 months. It's $5, but SO worth it. Since the Doctor wants to know almost every aspect of the baby's life and you're getting no sleep, you'll be surprised when you have or haven't last done something and what trends start showing up despite the chaos you're going through.

A security camera in the nursery was great too. Walked in the room one night to fix the camera and found a heavy blanket fell on him. Would have stayed that way all night if I hadn't found it. Not to mention knowing exactly what's going on in the room. Don't even bother with a "baby monitor". Just get a stock security camera, throw a password on there, and you can access from your home network and use your phone/tablet/computer.

They tell you to not let your kid sleep with blankets or have any toys in the crib. That's why they teach you to swaddle
That's why it completely surprised me because we NEVER did that before or after. Always just kept him in a onesie since he'd just break out of the swaddle anyways. My point was more a camera is a great option to have so you know what's going on in the room without having to army crawl in there (since that's a whole nother danger.)
laugh.gif

Got great news on Monday....

Baby is healthy and its a BOY!!!!

Just registered at Babies r Us and I freaked a little cause EVERYTHING is so damm expensive! :smh: :lol:

Just registered at Babies r Us and I freaked a little cause EVERYTHING is so damm expensive! :smh: :lol:

I don't know how close you are to people. But me being Filipino everyone likes to help out. So on my registry I put everything from $1 to $1000. If they get it for you then they do, if they don't then they don't. Just put everything you want on the registry.

A tip, I approached my friends and told them straight up. That it would be helpful if a group of y'all just put your money in to a pot and get me something good. $20x5= $100 and so on.

I mentioned to them that the small stuff on the registry (towels, shampoo, lotion, pacifiers, etc) is really reserved for the people who I'm not really close to and is looking for last minute gifts. But if your boys are your boys, they should understand that they could collect ends and get you something good.

That's how I was able to get my crib, my dresser, my mamaroo, baby carrier, drop cam.

Just registered at Babies r Us and I freaked a little cause EVERYTHING is so damm expensive!
mean.gif
laugh.gif
There are very few things you actually should buy new. On the list is a crib (due to changing safety standards) and a car seat (since the plastic can deteriorate with time). Pretty much everything else can be handed down. Clothes are CLUTCH. We only ended up buying maybe 5 sets of clothes in the first 2 years thanks to friends and family. Toys can be had for CHEAP at garage sales and thrift stores too.

Word to the wise too... Anything that's marked as "baby" will be at least double just like "wedding". A lot of items like a security camera are the same thing just repackaged to be "cute".

Man my 6 week old is constipated. Breast milk for 4 wks and formula for these past 2 with breast here and there.

My girl ate some pasta and then breast fed him shortly after and he hasnt pooped since.

What have yall done to comfort or releive constipation in a infant?

Last edited:
Man my 6 week old is constipated. Breast milk for 4 wks and formula for these past 2 with breast here and there.

My girl ate some pasta and then breast fed him shortly after and he hasnt pooped since.

It's not the breast milk, it's the formula. Best thing to do is give them some apple or pear juice, dilute it w/ a little water since your younging is still a lil too young. At that age, it's hard to gauge what to do since there's so much they can't have to help w/ whatever ails them. If y'all can, try to breastfeed more, or even mix the breastmilk w/ the formula

Apple or Prune juice

Daugher was having realy hard stool for a while and just mix a tad bit into the formula bottle. You'll want to take it easy at first, do a little see if poop comes. if not, then do a lil more and keep going till baby is regular

Daughter is still getting hard stool, so we drop some Karo Syrup in her whole milk since she's 1 and it helps out

Apple or Prune juice

Daugher was having realy hard stool for a while and just mix a tad bit into the formula bottle. You'll want to take it easy at first, do a little see if poop comes. if not, then do a lil more and keep going till baby is regular

Daughter is still getting hard stool, so we drop some Karo Syrup in her whole milk since she's 1 and it helps out

Try and switch to 2% milk if you 1 y/o is stil having the problem. Unless she's underweight, she really doesn't need all that extra fat. Never had my son on whole milk as we don't drink that at home. He's also big for his age so we never bothered w/ it.

She's not that big, nor is she that small. Idk, i'm 6 foot 3 250lbs so she's small to me but when she is laying down she's long

Percentile wise (just looked it up) she's in the 3rd-5th percentile

That's small percentile was unless you mean she's in the 95th-97th percentile. What is her weight like? That's what I mean by being bigger or smaller. They want children from 1 to 2 y/o to drink whole milk as it has extra fat in it which is good for them since they're starting to move around, etc. the older they get the less fat they need unless the child is underweight. My son is 18mo and he's about 33lbs, boy don't need any more fat :lol:

Formula is hard on children's stomach's because it's not natural, it's still cow's milk, just processed a certain way. Whole milk could still be too heavy for her digestive system so you may want to drop to a 2% or even look into other milks like Almond or Soy milk and blend w/ the cow's milk so that she's still getting the fat and nutrients.

Also, if possible, increase her green veggie intake to help break the milk and other foods down, limit the starches until she can pass a stool regularly, etc. Every child is different so some things work for others but they're still human so the general consensus is the same w/ diets

Ok, she's close to average, which isn't bad. She could be able to cut the fat from the whole milk

Back
Top Bottom