NT Gardeners Thread

I feel you, I only grilled out less than 5 times and I feel like I’m slacking :lol: about to be June already too

Today was 2 weeks since I bought my seedlings/I planted seeds so I was actually gonna transplant it today and then fertilizer my others. Def didn’t expect a flower already :lol:
None of my seeds I planted sprouted so far, idk why probably gonna start over just in case
I have 3 containers of these jalapeños, they’re all doing really good
9E839806-F5DC-4734-A015-CDA82EFC6D8E.jpeg

cayenne
31303AF7-A230-4766-89A9-9FDB049DA85F.jpeg
s
Dumped a bunch of spinach in a container just to see and theyre doing good
F109FF30-709E-4536-A8A5-AD19E3284850.jpeg

Strawberries
ACBBAC75-E13B-4EA2-94A4-26FA2E6E8A33.jpeg

Radish
04C57FE1-533E-4F7A-8911-A75B7469E9A3.jpeg

new little helper (or destroyer at this stage :lol:)
E75B8CD0-124F-4F85-8AB2-CF4762A2DB11.jpeg

I got some cucumbers and green beans that are growing nicely. Gotta find a good spot for them
My romaine, oregano, fresno, and pepperoncinis never popped up

Thanks for the invite guys didn't know this thread even existed. Finally had enough, bought a Ryobi brush cutter.
Ryobi-Brush-Cutter-Review188.jpg

Clearing out the area behind my house. Although it isn't part of my property, I want to clear the area so I can see what is going on when my daughters are playing in the back.
Here is a before of the area.
IMG_9001.jpg

After,. Unfortunately, I forgot the driveway was getting sprayed and had my hedge trimmers in the garage. *IDIOT*
IMG_9004.jpg

I should be able to really make a dent this weekend when I have all my tools with me. I think my additional batteries should also arrive before Saturday.

Here is another pic of my full backyard with my problem areas.
IMG_8804.jpg

Any recommendations on keeping deer away from hostas? (aside from a shotgun which I can’t shoot in the burbs…lol) I have about 10 in my front yard and a deer came through and ate 7 of them the other night. C40C4C2A-AD52-473E-98FA-1AD788BEE816.jpg

V VeeAhy

I came across this article but I have heard real world people mention the Cinnamon/Ceyenne Pepper Spray working for them.

I also saw this on a FB Group

"Peppers help and a irregular presence helps as well.; spend time in your garden at irregular times. Do not always go at the same time."

Oh, deer! 10 cheap and effective ways to keep deer out of your yard (photos) - cleveland.com https://www.cleveland.com/insideout...h homemade hot,attract predators to your yard.

Thanks for the invite guys didn't know this thread even existed. Finally had enough, bought a Ryobi brush cutter.
Ryobi-Brush-Cutter-Review188.jpg

Clearing out the area behind my house. Although it isn't part of my property, I want to clear the area so I can see what is going on when my daughters are playing in the back.
Here is a before of the area.
IMG_9001.jpg

After,. Unfortunately, I forgot the driveway was getting sprayed and had my hedge trimmers in the garage. *IDIOT*
IMG_9004.jpg

I should be able to really make a dent this weekend when I have all my tools with me. I think my additional batteries should also arrive before Saturday.

Here is another pic of my full backyard with my problem areas.
IMG_8804.jpg

fam that’s a gorgeous space!!

just curious, what city is this in and do you enjoy the community? i ask namely because i’ve contemplated selling my place moving to a spot with more land, a newer build and a change of pace.

fam that’s a gorgeous space!!

just curious, what city is this in and do you enjoy the community? i ask namely because i’ve contemplated selling my place moving to a spot with more land, a newer build and a change of pace.
Thanks bro wife and I have lived here for 13 years, quarter acre lot. The name of the city is Gainesville, VA about 35 mins from DC. Far enough away to be away from that lifestyle, but close enough wife and I can go out on the town. Only complaint I have and it is really my own fault, I want a 3rd and 4th garage. But my wife was like where are we going to find a place for our current mortgage, get a pool and just chill.

Call me crazy, but all week I been super hyped to get out back and work in the yard. Hedge trimmer on deck, brush cutter, lawnmower. I use to get excited for a Saturday sneaker release now look at me. Will post some more before and after.

Any recommendations on keeping deer away from hostas? (aside from a shotgun which I can’t shoot in the burbs…lol) I have about 10 in my front yard and a deer came through and ate 7 of them the other night. C40C4C2A-AD52-473E-98FA-1AD788BEE816.jpg
Have you tried either of these?
81QV+7aa0BL._AC_SX425_.jpg

liquid-fence-granular.jpg

I used the bottom one but the snake away version.

Have you tried either of these?
81QV+7aa0BL._AC_SX425_.jpg

liquid-fence-granular.jpg

I used the bottom one but the snake away version.

Does the snake away really work?

My grandma (rip) used to use moth balls but them *****es didn't work AT ALL!

They were just garter snakes but a snake is a snake.

Used to hate having to do her lawn work.

Does the snake away really work?

My grandma (rip) used to use moth balls but them *****es didn't work AT ALL!

They were just garter snakes but a snake is a snake.

Used to hate having to do her lawn work.
I want to say yes only used 1 snake ever in my yard a little tiny garden snake. He couldn't outrun the riding lawnmower. I don't use the snake away that often, I usually combine it with moth balls. I use a **** ton of moth balls in the garage and another solution. I spray it around the outside of my garage doors. I will look it up for you. I used the deer and rabbit repellent once and never saw any deer again. However right now damn rabbits are all around my yard running around. You would think they would learn when I killed one with my lawnmower.

I was just riding around just listening to some Pac/Cube, looked over and saw a baby rabbit running for his life. So I stopped looked around and saw I guess the brother and sister that didn't make it. :smh: They had dug a little hole in my yard and I guess they got scared with the mower coming and going and tried to run out. Scooped him up with the shovel and dumped him in the trash can. Last thing I need is animals that eat dead things around the house.

V VeeAhy

I came across this article but I have heard real world people mention the Cinnamon/Ceyenne Pepper Spray working for them.

I also saw this on a FB Group

"Peppers help and a irregular presence helps as well.; spend time in your garden at irregular times. Do not always go at the same time."

Oh, deer! 10 cheap and effective ways to keep deer out of your yard (photos) - cleveland.com https://www.cleveland.com/insideout/2015/05/post_303.html#:~:text=Spritz plants with homemade hot,attract predators to your yard.
My mom sprinkles hot pepper flakes around when the squirrels and rabbits start doing too much

Thanks for the tips…im gonna try some of this deer repellant. Something has to work…I love south of Richmond va and deer run my area. Like don’t budge or move when I’m out walking and jogging.

Did some more clearing in the backyard this past Saturday.
GOPR0196.JPG
GOPR0197.JPG
GOPR0199.JPG
Here is a pic facing the house, would love to get a pool. But builders are backed up for over a year.
GOPR0204.JPG
Thanks for the tips…im gonna try some of this deer repellant. Something has to work…I love south of Richmond va and deer run my area. Like don’t budge or move when I’m out walking and jogging.
Speaking of deer was upstairs sitting at the computer when I saw this MOFO just strolling through my newly cleared area.
IMG_9156.jpg

Back
Top Bottom