NT GUNTALKERS Vol. In Memory of BFO

Reminds me I really need to cop a pistol, maybe a glock and a ninjahood flintlock. Put that to any man's dome and witness the look of pure human confusionand fear.

ot, but i was watching the history of pistols on history channel with my moms the other day and she was just naming them off: ".38....45...9mm",reminds me how cool she is.

Mossberg 500, pistol grip with heat shield

Glock 32 (sig)
Glock 26 (9mm) - just picked it up this past Saturday, got a Glock 17 OD Green on the way
pimp.gif

Good thread. I still need to get a few for the car and crib.. Been saying this since I turned 21...

357 snub.....damn thing wakes up the whole neighborhood...sold this onelooking forward to getting a glock .22 for my 21 bday

speaking of guns...

Went to my FFL and picked up my new Romanian PSL. Ordered it last week from aimsurplus for a total of $720 shipped. First impressions was kind ofdissapointing, fit and finish was pretty crude and bad, the action is fairly stiff and unsmooth. But I don't care, its a Romanian gun. I've beenspoiled playing with Chicom AK's and SKS's. Going to the range tomorrow to test this bad boy out! Looks like I have found my sniper rifle for the topfloor, until I get my hands on a Remington 700 SPS Tactical in .308

Finally I can put to use with all those spam can 54r's collecting dust.

3882066079_be52a0c79e.jpg

3882065865_f2ab2fa1bf.jpg

and with my norinco

3882065975_e4426e408d.jpg

Sold my Mossberg 500 7+1 Persuader. Had it for 2 years and shot it plenty, no problems, it ran perfectly. Just didnt like the cheap plastic safety and itslocation. Plus the thing felt damn flimsly. Sold it for $230(paid $210 NIB) and used the funds towards a police trade in 870 from budsgunshop.

For $280 I received a barely shot police gun, bolt and internals look like its almost never been fired, cleaned out the dusty barrel to reveal a shiny bore.The thing barely has any scratches, no rust or pitting. I also have an express and the action on this riot gun is smooth as butter, and I thought an expresswas smooth. lol @ me.

My old HD shotgun:
Mossberg 500 "Persuader"

2672680071_a99f1d4184_o.jpg

For a Remington 870 Riot Police Magnum:

3908253830_af98d6d6eb_o.jpg

3908253982_4703f1fe6f_o.jpg

3908253908_dbe594aa33_o.jpg

my two new pickups of august 09
pimp.gif

34984yh.jpg

all the gun threads are done by seattle NTers
roll.gif
pimp.gif

cant wait to turn 18

Just passed H.S.C to own a handgun in Cali. Father inlaw is trying to sell me these two guns below. Colt .45's 1911. Don't know much about them or ifthey are good guns. My question to NT is, is it a good first gun?? He is asking $800, is that to much??

^^

You better snatch up one of those colts quick! They go for more than $800. The rule of thumb for colt is that they make excellent products but are fairlypricey.

Oh okay i was gonna say that's a hell of a family discount lol

Colt arguably make the best 1911's so there is no doubt that it's a great gun

now for a first gun? I would actually probably recommend something else

Those colts would look nice in the safe I would say Colts make the best readily avalible 1911's on the civilian market, well they are the originalproducers of the 1911's. I wouldnt want to use a $900+ Colt as my self-defence gun. Can you imagine the police taking the gun away for evidence after ahome shoot out only to have it returned in pieces with stamped numbers all over it? I can't, not with a gun that cost that much and looks that nice.

I would pick it up just to show off at the range. For a first gun I'd pick up something cheaper in the $400-$500 range.

I've been told that a revolver of some sort would be a good first gun. Easy to maintain and can shoot a .38 & .357 is this correct?

revolvers are more reliable than automatics; less moving parts, no jams, plus its more accurate due to the lack of a slide. but with wheel guns you give upround capacity, most common are 5 & 6 shots. you can shoot .38specials through a .357magnum but you cannot shoot .357magnums through a .38special unlessyou want to blow up your gun. if you want a .357mag for carry try to look at some reputable brands like ruger & s&w. I really like the ruger sp101,small frame but cant handle .357's all day but if you want smaller try looking at the s&w airweights.

Thanks for the help Seattle206. I'm going to try and go to the range to test out a .357. Hopefully they'll have an S&W to rent.

I'm looking to buy a S&W 686+ .357 7-shot myself in the near future, probably the 2 1/2 inch

wv6cmp.jpg

2u77ztj.jpg

You should hit up some gun forums though

if you don't want to go revolver, great 9mm pistols that would make good first guns are plentiful. Glock, Beretta, CZ, S&W M&P, etc are prettymuch around the same price range and make great firearms
Sig & HK are little higher in price, but used ones can be found at good prices as well

Originally Posted by Seattle206

Sold my Mossberg 500 7+1 Persuader. Had it for 2 years and shot it plenty, no problems, it ran perfectly. Just didnt like the cheap plastic safety and its location. Plus the thing felt damn flimsly. Sold it for $230(paid $210 NIB) and used the funds towards a police trade in 870 from budsgunshop.

For $280 I received a barely shot police gun, bolt and internals look like its almost never been fired, cleaned out the dusty barrel to reveal a shiny bore. The thing barely has any scratches, no rust or pitting. I also have an express and the action on this riot gun is smooth as butter, and I thought an express was smooth. lol @ me.

Remington 870 Riot Police Magnum:

3908253830_af98d6d6eb_o.jpg

3908253982_4703f1fe6f_o.jpg

3908253908_dbe594aa33_o.jpg

my two new pickups of august 09
pimp.gif

34984yh.jpg
I was just at Bass Pro Shops the other day checkin out 870's. If I don't find a deal on a Beretta 92FS soon, then a 870 will be my nextpickup. That one you picked up is NICE.

Here's my newest toy. Springfield XD9 Service Model.

- Preciate it.

TH0MAS CR0WN wrote:
I'm looking to buy a S&W 686+ .357 7-shot myself in the near future, probably the 2 1/2 inch

You should hit up some gun forums though

if you don't want to go revolver, great 9mm pistols that would make good first guns are plentiful. Glock, Beretta, CZ, S&W M&P, etc are pretty much around the same price range and make great firearms
Sig & HK are little higher in price, but used ones can be found at good prices as well

If I was to go with pistol, I'd probably shoot for a .45. The revolver is actually starting to grow on me. Less maintenance and guaranteed to shoot inpretty much any situation.

Originally Posted by TH0MAS CR0WN

if you don't want to go revolver, great 9mm pistols that would make good first guns are plentiful. Glock, Beretta, CZ, S&W M&P, etc are pretty much around the same price range and make great firearms
U forgot to mention Springfield Armory homie. Better than the Glock and around the same price. Not to mention that all the new gen XD's comew/ an extended grip to maximize carryin capacity by 3-4.

You can never go wrong w/a revolver, and they require no mags

Glock's, sig, HK, etc come in .45 too

if you really want a 1911 style .45 though, i suggest you buy one of those Colt's from your father in law

Back
Top Bottom