NT health nuts: post your smoothie recipes.

aight, since summer is here and i know a small number of you health nuts want to keep a healthy radiant glow/fit body (NH).

post your smoothie recipes.

required: a high powered blender.

here's my special recipe, i call it the "blueberry muffin supreme":

4 cups of frozen blueberries
1 banana
5 scoops of plain non-flavored yogurt OR substitute it with ice cream
5 large teaspoons of honey
1/4 cup of apple juice (no apple juice if u substitute it with ice cream, tastes better with apple juice IMO)

blend and enjoy to perfection
happy.gif
. post yours.

Too much work for me. It's OK to get a small smoothie at say, Jamba Juice. It's when you OD on the big size that's when it becomes useless.

I just take my whey protein with my breakfast, pre workout and post workout. That's the closest I come to making my own drink.
laugh.gif

one scoop of dark chocolate muscle milk.
4-5 strawberries
1 bannana
half cup of non fat milk
handful of ice
blend and enjoy

water+
All the Whey chocolate isolate +
1 banana+
.5 cups oatmeal+
ice
-------------------------
pure
pimp.gif
post workout

Originally Posted by SWOLEMEAT

water+
1 banana+
.5 cups oatmeal+
ice
pure
pimp.gif
post workout
What brand is your whey isolate? I'm on 4ever Fit, but Vitamin World only carries vanilla and after 5-6 buckets, I'm kinda sick of it.

Originally Posted by wj4

water+
1 banana+
.5 cups oatmeal+
ice
pure
pimp.gif
post workout
What brand is your whey isolate? I'm on 4ever Fit, but Vitamin World only carries vanilla and after 5-6 buckets, I'm kinda sick of it.
that must hella nasty to add all those whey supplements. natural = perfect taste. does whey powder play an important role in defining urmuscles???? ive never taken it.

Originally Posted by aubstuh86

aight, since summer is here and i know a small number of you health nuts want to keep a healthy radiant glow/fit body (NH).

1 banana
1/4 cup of apple juice (no apple juice if u substitute it with ice cream, tastes better with apple juice IMO)

happy.gif
. post yours.

Bro that sounds tasty, I might just use your recipe. Is it any good though?
ohwell.gif

I don't make protein shakes in a blender, I just do organic fat-free milk + 2 scoops and I'm straight.

But for a healthy non-protein smoothie, I like to blend

spinach (you won't taste it, promise) + mixed berries (blueberries, blackberries, raspberries) + banana + apple + pomegranate juice.

honestly i don't measure each ingredient out, i just eyeball it, but make sure you put enough juice in so it's not too thick.

healthy and tastes good. it will look gross but it's not.

1/3 cup eggwhites
2 scoops strawberry Isopure whey-protien
1/2 cup skim milk
1 banana
add a few strawberries
1/2 cup of ice

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I take mine before I go to bed (so there's alot of milk/casein protein, for when I sleep)

1 cup cottage cheese
1/2ish cup soy milk
1/2ish cup skim milk
1/2ish cup frozen strawberries
1/2ish cup frozen blueberries
1 banana
1 scoop of my ON 100% whey

blend until smooth!

(I sometimes buy bags of frozen random fruits like mangos, catelope etc.)

Originally Posted by PaulBaeKR

1 banana

happy.gif
. post yours.

Bro that sounds tasty, I might just use your recipe. Is it any good though?
ohwell.gif

looks like purple ooze after it's done but it tastes better than jamba juice.

water+
1 banana+
.5 cups oatmeal+
ice
pure
pimp.gif
post workout

All the Whey is the brand.

try bodybuilding.com or nutraplanet.com for best prices and flavors

Originally Posted by wj4

water+
1 banana+
.5 cups oatmeal+
ice
pure
pimp.gif
post workout
that must hella nasty to add all those whey supplements. natural = perfect taste. does whey powder play an important role in defining ur muscles???? ive never taken it.
true most whey supps are gross, but if you find a good one, which are out there, then why not add protein to your smoothie. Whey is protein andprotein provides muscle with nutrients to grow.

question for people who put egg whites, is there any type of noticeable taste??

Originally Posted by R31J23

question for people who put egg whites, is there any type of noticeable taste??

I used to. There is a slight taste to it but its nothing gross. Its like a neutral taste. Makes the shake thicker as well

1 cup frozen strawberries
1 banana
1/2 cup oats
1 scoop ON protein powder (pref. choc or vanilla)
1 tbsp peanut butter
1/2 tbsp nutella (increases taste factor by 10x!)

smokin.gif

no bs, I was looking this stuff up yesterday just didn't think to make a thread. gonna start making my own shakes, or at least experimenting.

planning on using frozen strawberries, milk, maybe yogurt or ice cream, and bananas, don't really like bananas so this will make potassium intake bearable.

is honey for nutritional value or just for taste? is there a good yogurt that's healthy and tastes good (emphasis on healthy)?

posting for future reference.

But does anyone ever put fat free cool whip in their smoothies for some extra flavor?

Originally Posted by infamousod

no bs, I was looking this stuff up yesterday just didn't think to make a thread. gonna start making my own shakes, or at least experimenting.

planning on using frozen strawberries, milk, maybe yogurt or ice cream, and bananas, don't really like bananas so this will make potassium intake bearable.

is honey for nutritional value or just for taste? is there a good yogurt that's healthy and tastes good (emphasis on healthy)?
honey is for both taste and nutritional value... i just made 1 liter of my blueberry muffin smoothie and my god was it as refreshing as ever. ibuy astro original balkan style plain yogurt, texture is perfect (creamy) and it is 100% organic. make sure u add enough liquid/juice to your smoothie so itdoesnt turn out paste-like. blueberry smoothies r the best since blueberries full of antioxidants which makes your skin shiny and soft and also has loads ofvitamin a. taste delicious as well

Originally Posted by wj4

water+
1 banana+
.5 cups oatmeal+
ice
pure
pimp.gif
post workout
that must hella nasty to add all those whey supplements. natural = perfect taste. does whey powder play an important role in defining ur muscles???? ive never taken it.
Whey IS natural. It's a byproduct of milk. Like Swole said, it depends on the brand. My first bucket was Vitamin World's own genericbrand..that was watery and not so great. The one I'm using now tastes great and delicious even.

It's a great source of protein, which helps those who don't have access to a full source of healthy meal at a giving moment. I take it in the morningbecause whether you know it or not, your body is starving. I take it before workout so that when I actually workout, I don't 'run out' of proteinso that it uses my own. I take it post workout to help build muscle.

It's a supplement, so that means you have to put your time in do the dirty work still. I laugh at guys who drink bottles after bottles of Muscle Milkwhile just barely walking on the treadmill thinking it's going to do something.

Back
Top Bottom