NT help. Is the iphone worth buying?

iloveshoes

Banned
I'm about to get the iphone today, but i just wanted to know from iphone users if it's worth it. Please help.

Originally Posted by ItWasTyped

I have it. Get the blackberry.

wth??
laugh.gif

My cousin works for ATT and told me that if i got a blackberry i won't even be using most of the features... truth?

Originally Posted by IloveShoes

My cousin works for ATT and told me that if i got a blackberry i won't even be using most of the features... truth?

what exactly are the features youre looking for in a phone? I mean the iphone is pretty much 100% customizable. Its kinda what you make it. The only downsideis the bill, but with discounts its not so bad.

Originally Posted by thegoat121886

what exactly are the features youre looking for in a phone? I mean the iphone is pretty much 100% customizable. Its kinda what you make it. The only downside is the bill, but with discounts its not so bad.

Internet. Texting. Maybe a few apps. Calender. Typical 22 year old non business type phone. Can't you just add the 30 dollars on top of your bill?

One more question, can u switch out sim cards?

Peeps realize they will release a smaller iPhone at some random time in the near future right? Think about holding that 2008 iPhone in your hand and seeingsomeone walk by with the 'iPhone Mini' ... %!%! would be whack

I had a iphone 3g. I returned that crap. It's over hyped, my thumbs are too big for the touchscreen, browser isn't all that it's cracked up to be.

BB Bold >>> iPhone. real talk.

IloveShoes wrote:

ItWasTyped wrote:

what exactly are the features youre looking for in a phone? I mean the iphone is pretty much 100% customizable. Its kinda what you make it. The only downside
is the bill, but with discounts its not so bad.

Internet. Texting. Maybe a few apps. Calender. Typical 22 year old non business type phone. Can't you just add the 30 dollars on top of your bill?

Texting on the iphone is butter. The internet takes some getting used to, but its fast as long as you have a strong 3G signal in your area. Theres an app foranything you need and ever wanted. Calendar feature i cant speak on because i dont use it, but i know you can sync it with youre computer. I dont know what $30youre talking about
and yes you can swithc out the SIM. IF youre not using an AT&T SIM, youll need to unlock your phone first. Theres software that will basically do it foryou. It's very easy as long as you can read and follow directions.

Originally Posted by jesse james 604

Peeps realize they will release a smaller iPhone at some random time in the near future right? Think about holding that 2008 iPhone in your hand and seeing someone walk by with the 'iPhone Mini' ... %!%! would be whack

Yea then they'll have you guessing what website your on when they release the... IPhoneShuffle

IloveShoes wrote:

ItWasTyped wrote:

what exactly are the features youre looking for in a phone? I mean the iphone is pretty much 100% customizable. Its kinda what you make it. The only downside

Texting on the iphone is butter. The internet takes some getting used to, but its fast as long as you have a strong 3G signal in your area. Theres an app for anything you need and ever wanted. Calendar feature i cant speak on because i dont use it, but i know you can sync it with youre computer. I dont know what $30 youre talking about
and yes you can swithc out the SIM. IF youre not using an AT&T SIM, youll need to unlock your phone first. Theres software that will basically do it for you. It's very easy as long as you can read and follow directions.

Thanks bro. You were a great help. kudos to you. The $30 i meant was the data plan. Can't you just add that amount to your regular phone bill already?

Originally Posted by jesse james 604

Peeps realize they will release a smaller iPhone at some random time in the near future right? Think about holding that 2008 iPhone in your hand and seeing someone walk by with the 'iPhone Mini' ... %!%! would be whack

Yea then they'll have you guessing what website your on when they release the... IPhoneShuffle

hmm? lol. maybe a nano. F a shuffle.

IloveShoes wrote:

thegoat121886 wrote:

IloveShoes wrote:

ItWasTyped wrote:

what exactly are the features youre looking for in a phone? I mean the iphone is pretty much 100% customizable. Its kinda what you make it. The only
downside

Texting on the iphone is butter. The internet takes some getting used to, but its fast as long as you have a strong 3G signal in your area. Theres an app for
anything you need and ever wanted. Calendar feature i cant speak on because i dont use it, but i know you can sync it with youre computer. I dont know what $30
youre talking about

and yes you can swithc out the SIM. IF youre not using an AT&T SIM, youll need to unlock your phone first. Theres software that will basically do it for
you. It's very easy as long as you can read and follow directions.

Thanks bro. You were a great help. kudos to you. The $30 i meant was the data plan. Can't you just add that amount to your regular phone bill already?

Im sorta confused. Are you an AT&T customer currently and you wanna upgrade to an iPhone? You cant just add the data plan to your current contract. Youhave to buy an iPhone talk plan, and a $30 data plan is automatically tacked on to that. Then you can choose what text plan you want. Unlimited is $20. Ifyoure on T-Mobile, you can unlock an iPhone that you purchase from a private seller, or purchase one outright with no contract from the Apple Store ($599 forthe 8gig, $699 for the 16gig)

Im sorta confused. Are you an AT&T customer currently and you wanna upgrade to an iPhone? You cant just add the data plan to your current contract. You have to buy an iPhone talk plan, and a $30 data plan is automatically tacked on to that. Then you can choose what text plan you want. Unlimited is $20. If youre on T-Mobile, you can unlock an iPhone that you purchase from a private seller, or purchase one outright with no contract from the Apple Store ($599 for the 8gig, $699 for the 16gig)

if hes on a family plan he can just slap on that $30 iphone data. but if not then you're right.

Back
Top Bottom