NT Help Me find some cases on violence incurred by african -american e.g. sean bell

i am currently in the process of trying to put together a presentation for a round table dicussion ... any help would be greatly appreciated

they had a great show on this like 2 days ago on BET, named all the victims and the incidents. It was interesting.

Oh btw, your title doesn't make sense.
It should read something like: Violence on African-Amercians incurred by police.

Originally Posted by roback1991

Amadou Diallo, Twana Bradley, ehh. too many to name.

Rodney King ?
eyes.gif

So you want cases where violence has been incurred by black men?

THERE ARE LIKE MILLIONS. WHAT THE HELL WERE YOU THINKING?

or black women.... any cases where researchable evidence can be found on the internet will help. i am trying to put together a powerpoint on which the eventwill be ran according to .

Just recently, that black women that was tortured by 6 whites. I believe her name was Vanessa but I'm not positive

Originally Posted by p0tat0 5alad

Just recently, that black women that was tortured by 6 whites. I believe her name was Vanessa but I'm not positive

her name was Meagan Williams
you can also use Amocks and Hicks

dont forget abner louima who was picked up by NYPD in brooklyn. they took him to a bathroom, sodomized him with a plunger which caused serious internal damagethen left him there bloody
smh.gif
smh.gif

Yea I remember Amandou Diallo got hit 41 times man. I mean it's a lot. The 13 year old boy that they shot while running...the 17 year old boy a cop shot onthe roof. These are all unarmed cats. But change the thread title and I'm sure more people will have better imput as well. It's more than the few weheard about... this **% has got to stop.
smh.gif

I think your round table discussion is going to be a bunch of race generalization and eventually get ugly when it gets to finger pointing with thosegeneralizations

Originally Posted by Liban906

dont forget abner louima who was picked up by NYPD in brooklyn. they took him to a bathroom, sodomized him with a plunger which caused serious internal damage then left him there bloody
smh.gif
smh.gif

I did a report on that, the story is disgusting
sick.gif

just did some research on the louima guy... that verse by juelz makes wayy more sense now... i had no idea what he was talking about when he said... "nottryna feel them cuffs when they squeezin/ or tha plunger they stuck in louima/... " good look yall. and datz nasty, i hope the discussion doesnt turn outlike that, more than likely it wont due to the homogenous crowd we will probably have... but i hope not...
n139500187_30164471_434.jpg
..thats the event... good lookin on the helpNT appreciate it alot

Originally Posted by DatZNasty

I think your round table discussion is going to be a bunch of race generalization and eventually get ugly when it gets to finger pointing with those generalizations

did he ask you for your opinion on his round table?

and along with Rodney King, you would have to mention Emmitt Till. a young boy who was kidnapped and badly brutalized for winking at a white woman.

Originally Posted by DOWNTOWN43

Originally Posted by DatZNasty

I think your round table discussion is going to be a bunch of race generalization and eventually get ugly when it gets to finger pointing with those generalizations

did he ask you for your opinion on his round table?

and along with Rodney King, you would have to mention Emmitt Till. a young boy who was kidnapped and badly brutalized for winking at a white woman.

I thought it was for whisteling, either way what those dudes did to him was disgusting
tired.gif

Originally Posted by Liban906

dont forget abner louima who was picked up by NYPD in brooklyn. they took him to a bathroom, sodomized him with a plunger which caused serious internal damage then left him there bloody
smh.gif
smh.gif

don't forget they jammed that same toilet plunger into his mouth breaking his teeth

Patrick Dorismond
Amadou Diallo
Abner Louima
Timothy Stansbury
Ousmane Zango
Sean Bell

Thats just a fraction of the well publicized police murders/crimes on un-armed black men....in only the NYC area. Do your research there are dozens of namesand this is a serious topic.

Originally Posted by warbux04

just did some research on the louima guy... that verse by juelz makes wayy more sense now... i had no idea what he was talking about when he said... "not tryna feel them cuffs when they squeezin/ or tha plunger they stuck in louima/... " good look yall. and datz nasty, i hope the discussion doesnt turn out like that, more than likely it wont due to the homogenous crowd we will probably have... but i hope not...
n139500187_30164471_434.jpg
..thats the event... good lookin on the help NT appreciate it alot

I think it is going to be a lot of generalization just based off of the fact that a lot of minority held events are not diverse. Their goal is trying toreach other communities on campus but the ones who usually show up are blacks and latinos. Try letting all participants know that they should avoid allstereotypes and making the discussion a shouting match.

Back
Top Bottom