NT Help Me Out..What's A Good Laptop To Buy? Besides a Mac

I need a new computer asap because the semester has just started and my desktop isn't cutting it anymore since it is very old. I would love to buy a Mac right mow but I simply can't afford it. I've been looking at laptops online and there seems to be a lot of good one's but idk which brand is the most reliable.

Has anyone had any experience with Dells? The one's on dell.com don't seem too bad and they're pretty affordable. If not dell than what would yall recommend and from where?

macbook1.jpg

laptopmag.com
notebookreview.com

all good sites to get a professional opinion. But my family has been using Dell systems for like 8 years now and some have been laptops without any trouble. If you find a good dual core Dell then go for it.

We had a Gateway in last night for 499.
4 gigs of ddr3 ram
I3-330m processor
320 gb hard drive
wireless N card
Webcame
LED Backlit 15.6 screen
Blue Ray player.

Thing sold like hot cakes

Get a netbook. It's cheap and just what you need for college.

There are many of them out there. I'd suggest trying out an HP mini, ASUS EEE PC, or Samsung Go.

I did the crossover, i've been messing with computers since commodore 64s'. Mac really is the best. Had it for 7 months. Not ONE problem. none. zero.

Originally Posted by LuckyLuchiano

We had a Gateway in last night for 499.
4 gigs of ddr3 ram
I3-330m processor
320 gb hard drive
wireless N card
Webcame
LED Backlit 15.6 screen
Blue Ray player.

Thing sold like hot cakes
I hate gate way, but if you can find these specs at a similar price, cop it.

I think any cheap laptop will do fine. Get a dell. Take care of it... install spyware blaster, spybot search and destroy, anti-virus software like AVG. keep updating these programs and run some scans. you'll do fine.

Back
Top Bottom