NT, help me pick a basketball. Wilson Solution vs Nike Elite Championship

My ball is looking something like this

basketball-concrete-court-800photograph-20mar2011a.jpg

I should invest in one too
laugh.gif

Someones just going to steal it at the courts, then you will steal someone elses ball and the cycle goes on forever.

Originally Posted by StroShow4

Originally Posted by af1 1982

Neither. Get the TF-1000.   
Co-sign. I currently own the Nike, while not a terrible ball I find it to be meh. Someone at the gym had the TF-1000 last season, and despite being beat it was still a great ball. Owned a Wilson Solution in the past (before it got stolen
mad.gif
) and that's excellent too. Best to worst:
1. TF-1000
2. Wilson Solution
3. Nike

wilson evolution if youre looking for an indoor ball. best feel imo. i own like 8 (coach) and have had no issues.

Originally Posted by 219elite

wilson evolution if youre looking for an indoor ball. best feel imo. i own like 8 (coach) and have had no issues.

I actually went with the Evolution off Amazon prime instead of my original two choices.  $45 bucks.  It wasn't really a money issue, but I wanted something with the best feel and value, and after all the reviews, it seems that more people like the Evolution better than the Solution or Elite Championship.  I have to change my tune a bit, as reading the reviews and actually trying to recall which one(Solution or Evolution) I've actually played with, I really can't remember, as it wasn't my ball.  Hopefully it was the Evolution lol.

I played with the TF-1000 in high school, play with the Wilson currently in college, but use the Nike ball for personal use... After using all 3, I have to say go with the Nike ball. You may have to break it in for about a week, but the TF-1000 were always slippery to me, and the Nike ball gets to that perfectly tacky point in about a week.

Like someone else mentioned though, if you can/want get the official NBA game ball. Break it in hard for a couple of weeks and its
pimp.gif
There's a reason they use them in the NBA...

Evo's are totally worth the money if youre gonna use the ball a lot. i have worn out ones that still feel nice. hope i tworks out for you OP

Real life, Spalding over everything. Get an official NBA game ball or a TF-1000.

I wouldn't buy anything else.

Originally Posted by a55a5in11

don't listen to what people say about NBA balls. after about a week or two of breaking it in those things are amazing. they play with broken in balls (pause) in the league

Yeah, if you only play on clean wooden courts a broken in leather ball is beautiful - but composite is better on anything else.

I've got a bunch of different ones and I do like the Wilson - although mine is older. It is my favorite for all different surfaces. For outdoors I've got a nice Spalding - the composite which was really hard and slippery until I sanded the whole surface with a rough sanding block - transformed the feel of it and it's become my favorite outdoor dry ball - it soaks up a lot of moisture if it's damp now (for that I have a harder rubber Spalding from '94 - it's not moulded but the panels are rubber rather than composite).

When i used to play a lot i bought nothing but Wilson Jet Select. Not sure they even make those anymore, but it was, hands down, the best ball for playing outdoors.

For indoor, id go with Wilson Evolution all day. NCAA if youre on a budget.

im actually looking at the molten official fiba ball and i hear baden makes some great bballs. the Fiba ball and the NBA ball are now about the same price but after a while the NBA ball looks really bad. still on the fence but leaning towards to the FIBA ball

Tf-1000 not the zk pro one tho, the grooves are too deep. Nike 3000 is nice too

Wilson if you're planning on using it for a while. The others are nice but they don't last as long. I only play on nice wooden courts too.

Talbert

Is it that serious?? I usually just go in the store dribble a few and make a decision. As long the ball is properly inflated and doesn't stick like glue it can't be that bad. $50 on a bball yea right. How bballs have you lost or have had stolen in the past?? Yea I'll wait.

Back
Top Bottom