NT, help my mom pick a new car.

My parents have only owned Japanese cars and im pretty sure American is out of the question.

laugh.gif
A charger? My mom's a middle aged lady, f she gonna do with a charger?

She doesn't like cars either, they're too low to the ground.

If she doesn't need the extra space, I say the Q5.

Price wise, I don't know how much the FX is, but for both the RX and Q5 fully loaded, your pushing 50k.

Performance wise, the Q5 and FX are superior.

The RX is probably the most reliable followed by the FX.

Comfort wise, I'd say the RX followed by the Q5.

The suspension on the FX is going to be stiff because it comes with sport suspension, but it will probably handle the best. The RX will be the most subtle smooth along with the Q5, but I know the Q5 will have great handling as well.

The Q5 and FX will be fun to drive if she even cares about that.

Have her test drive all 3 and see which one she likes the most.

If she doesn't need the extra space, I say the Q5.

Price wise, I don't know how much the FX is, but for both the RX and Q5 fully loaded, your pushing 50k.

Performance wise, the Q5 and FX are superior.

The RX is probably the most reliable followed by the FX.

Comfort wise, I'd say the RX followed by the Q5.

The suspension on the FX is going to be stiff because it comes with sport suspension, but it will probably handle the best. The RX will be the most subtle smooth along with the Q5, but I know the Q5 will have great handling as well.

The Q5 and FX will be fun to drive if she even cares about that.

Have her test drive all 3 and see which one she likes the most.

Originally Posted by enlightenedespot

roll.gif
  I expected these responses.

All of my mothers kids are grown so she doesn't need the extra space. Plus we still have the van.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
 so why are the choices all SUV's?

roll.gif

All of my mothers kids are grown so she doesn't need the extra space. Plus we still have the van.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

A cousin of mine has an fx35. He loves it, I've driven it a few times and it is really nice. I can't comment on the others because i don't know anyone with them.

A cousin of mine has an fx35. He loves it, I've driven it a few times and it is really nice. I can't comment on the others because i don't know anyone with them.

why doesnt she just test drive them all and see which one she likes. or just cop them all

why doesnt she just test drive them all and see which one she likes. or just cop them all

Originally Posted by LA Lakers 8

Chances are his mother doesn't need the primo Mark Levinson sound system in the car, and if she doesnt she can probably get it much cheaper than $50K.  I just helped my buddy get a deal on a brand new RX350 for his wife this morning.  $43,800 out the door includes tax title license.  Not fully decked out, but it has all the standard upgrades including navi, and its not some funky color that no one wants (this was in socal, orange county which has a higher than normal 8.75% sales/use tax rate as well as super high registration costs). 

OP, for a middle aged woman who doesnt really know or care much about cars, the RX350 is probably the best bet.  I am biased being a Lexus owner myself (kinda sorta not really, the wife drives it).  We had to get some work done on her car and Lexus issued us a RX350 as a loaner for 2 weeks and it was pretty comfortable to drive.

The FX is a bit much for your mother I think.  I know a couple of people that own FX's and while they say it is a fun car to drive, it eats gas like a mofo.  I dont think your mom would much appreciate the 10-15 MPG she would get (with 91 octane no less).

I honestly don't know much about the Q5.  I think it has the best design/styling out of the 3, but is probably going to cost a bit more than the other 2.  I know Audi reliability has gotten much better as of late, but I personally am a bit too gunshy to buy an Audi.  Lease?  For sure.  Buy?  nahhhhh too much risk.

Originally Posted by LA Lakers 8

Chances are his mother doesn't need the primo Mark Levinson sound system in the car, and if she doesnt she can probably get it much cheaper than $50K.  I just helped my buddy get a deal on a brand new RX350 for his wife this morning.  $43,800 out the door includes tax title license.  Not fully decked out, but it has all the standard upgrades including navi, and its not some funky color that no one wants (this was in socal, orange county which has a higher than normal 8.75% sales/use tax rate as well as super high registration costs). 

OP, for a middle aged woman who doesnt really know or care much about cars, the RX350 is probably the best bet.  I am biased being a Lexus owner myself (kinda sorta not really, the wife drives it).  We had to get some work done on her car and Lexus issued us a RX350 as a loaner for 2 weeks and it was pretty comfortable to drive.

The FX is a bit much for your mother I think.  I know a couple of people that own FX's and while they say it is a fun car to drive, it eats gas like a mofo.  I dont think your mom would much appreciate the 10-15 MPG she would get (with 91 octane no less).

I honestly don't know much about the Q5.  I think it has the best design/styling out of the 3, but is probably going to cost a bit more than the other 2.  I know Audi reliability has gotten much better as of late, but I personally am a bit too gunshy to buy an Audi.  Lease?  For sure.  Buy?  nahhhhh too much risk.

Originally Posted by Retro23J

roll.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Thanks for the advice guys, we most def have to test drive all three vehicles.

It seems like the RX is the best choice for price and reliability.

What about the Murano?

Originally Posted by Retro23J

roll.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Thanks for the advice guys, we most def have to test drive all three vehicles.

It seems like the RX is the best choice for price and reliability.

What about the Murano?

Back
Top Bottom