NT - How do you feel about the reading of Maxim or FHM in a public setting?

I've always wondered this - Obviously Playboy is completely out there -
But how would you feel if you're in a public place - not one on one because then who the hell gives a *%%$ - think library, train station, airport - with fellas, ladies, moms, grandpas etc. all scurrying around or waiting with you

....and you see random dude just relaxing reading a maxim, FHM, (or dare I risk a race issue thread) - a King or XXL (based on the covers) magazine - full view with the boob/booty completely visible?

Me personally I wouldn't care if I SAW it - but I don't think I could ever read one in public

i bring all my maxims too work.. leave them in the waiting room of my job... those are the only mags that get read as the patients wait!!!

so we cant buy beer or read magazines with ladies on the cover anymore...

*taking notes*

I don't think its a big deal. Maxim and King magazines can be bought at Walgreens/CVS unlike a Playboy/Penthouse.

the european maxims / fhm are more raunchy and are prob on the level of playboy...so those would be a no. 

The prude US version are fine as long as ur not awaiting confession at church or something. 

confident
happy.gif

I use to take my maxim / fhm magazine's to high school.  Had a teacher come up to me and say "does your mother know you read these magazines?"  My response "She buys them for me, look her names on the subscription!!!"  Haha he got so bitter.

We subscribe to it in my office for the reception area. It's no different than women reading Cosmo in public with SEX largely printed on the cover every month.

OP has never seen a real #@!% magazine.

At my job, believe it or not, women actually read Maxim and FHM.

Read is the key word.

eek.gif
You cant say s mut?!?

one time i was at work and my homeboy came in so i was shootin the breeze wit him and he grabbed a king and was showing me this chick with the holy mass , lil old ladys was looking at us like

Originally Posted by Savraj1

People still read magazines?

GQ x Sports Illustrated Swimsuit
pimp.gif

and i agree, its no diff with all these women magazines having "please your man 100 diff ways" in bold big letters every time im in line at the market...as if there are 100 ways for a women ride D/dome
grin.gif

nerd.gif
nerd.gif

It really doesnt matter to me. There are actual articles in these magazines and besides, cant I as a man appreciate a woman's body? As what sreggie101 said, its no different with the "please your man" stuff. People just need to not be so sensitive.

Originally Posted by Tr1ll

Read is the key word.

eek.gif
You cant say s mut?!?

I'm an analyst at a leading Publication Firm (no specifics necessary), with 120+ magazines (digital and print) being published on a monthly basis, from home and garden to women and mens lifestyle. This is a relevant question regarding public image, and the conclusions one draws from a first impression when seeing someone read a magazine with an explicit/suggestive image on the cover. 
You're opinion is now invalidated because you jumped to the conclusion that I do not read magazines - I never stated that - in fact I do read them enough to understand the content of such discussed magazines and was hoping that individuals could give their stated opinions on their own perspectives regarding the subject matter being discussed

go back to the booty appreciation or marrying a jumpoff thread and spout your opinions there. I'm having a grownup discussion - when you leave homeroom today perhaps you can discuss this at lunch with your table.

Don't insult me.

Not gonna even lie, I feel weird whenever my mom hands me my Maxims that come in the mail.

Originally Posted by bkzkurse

Read is the key word.

eek.gif
You cant say s mut?!?

I'm an analyst at a leading Publication Firm (no specifics necessary), with 120+ magazines (digital and print) being published on a monthly basis, from home and garden to women and mens lifestyle. This is a relevant question regarding public image, and the conclusions one draws from a first impression when seeing someone read a magazine with an explicit/suggestive image on the cover. 
You're opinion is now invalidated because you jumped to the conclusion that I do not read magazines - I never stated that - in fact I do read them enough to understand the content of such discussed magazines and was hoping that individuals could give their stated opinions on their own perspectives regarding the subject matter being discussed

go back to the booty appreciation or marrying a jumpoff thread and spout your opinions there. I'm having a grownup discussion - when you leave homeroom today perhaps you can discuss this at lunch with your table.

Don't insult me.

Fail. Fail, fail.I never said you never read anything, I said, and quote, OP has never SEEN a s mut magazine. How does that imply you never read a magazine?

laugh.gif
at you calling me out for you not reading, when you, infact, did not read.

Originally Posted by bkzkurse

Read is the key word.

eek.gif
You cant say s mut?!?

Don't insult me.

Fail. Fail, fail.I never said you never read anything, I said, and quote, OP has never SEEN a s mut magazine. How does that imply you never read a magazine?

laugh.gif
at you calling me out for you not reading, when you, infact, did not read.
I don't think I understand you're definition of "seen"
How do I see a magazine? Unless you actually meant I do not see magazines (as in I physically can't see one as in blind) - You clearly meant the term "see" as in being familiar with.

Of course I am familiar with such magazines - Professionally I have to be. Hence I'm initiating this discussion 

You're post was a troll and I checked you on it. 

Unfortunately this thread is now over.

I would've liked to hear more but it will most likely be locked because of you troll, sorry - tr1ll

I read anything I get in the mail in public, then it gets put in my bathroom or on the living room table for others to enjoy. I should start leaving some at work now that I think about it...

Back
Top Bottom