NT... how much are YOU making? Vol. Minimum wage FTL!!!!

Originally Posted by Mojodmonky1

Salary FTL

has its upsides..
last in, first out. 
laugh.gif

long days are a B, tho.
30t6p3b.gif

12/hr part time working from home, going up to $20/hr any day now. Looking for a career when I graduate grad school next year. NYU FTW

12/hr part time working from home, going up to $20/hr any day now. Looking for a career when I graduate grad school next year. NYU FTW

Originally Posted by proper english

Salary FTL

has its upsides..
last in, first out. 
laugh.gif

long days are a B, tho.
30t6p3b.gif
hahahaha i know, i should be the last person complaining.

the running joke in my office is that my managing partner (big boss man) doesn't work here anymore.  some days he will call me and tell me he's not going to be in at all.  I always
laugh.gif
 at that and tell him, dude its your company you dont have to ask me for permission to not come in today.  id say on average, hes probably physically in the office no more than 20 hours a week.

not that he cares much when he's even here, but now that he doesnt really show up to the office, EVERYONE has gotten very loose about what the posted hours are supposed to be.  We are supposed to start at 8a (I stroll in on avg around 8:20 or so).  Somedays I will walk in at 8:30a and I'm the first one here.  Not a single &%*^ was given on ANY day.

I was out for 10 days at the end of April to go visit my brother in Korea.  Since I got back (May 1st) I've probably done about 10 hours of real actual work.  I get into this super hulk unproductive mode where I am F5 refreshing page 1 of NT - General just to see if any new topics of interest have come up.  Last Wedensday I was probably in the office for a grand total of 5 hours.  Got in at 9a.  Goofed around on NT til 12.  Met up with a friend for a nice 2 hour lunch.  Wife calls me up right when I got back from lunch to tell me that she got some Laker tickets from one of her reps.  Left the office early at 4p so I could beat traffic to Staples for Game 2 of the Lakers/Dallas series (I shoulda just stayed home).

Who am I kidding.  I love salary work.

Salary FTL

has its upsides..
last in, first out. 
laugh.gif

long days are a B, tho.
30t6p3b.gif

the running joke in my office is that my managing partner (big boss man) doesn't work here anymore.  some days he will call me and tell me he's not going to be in at all.  I always
laugh.gif
 at that and tell him, dude its your company you dont have to ask me for permission to not come in today.  id say on average, hes probably physically in the office no more than 20 hours a week.

not that he cares much when he's even here, but now that he doesnt really show up to the office, EVERYONE has gotten very loose about what the posted hours are supposed to be.  We are supposed to start at 8a (I stroll in on avg around 8:20 or so).  Somedays I will walk in at 8:30a and I'm the first one here.  Not a single &%*^ was given on ANY day.

I was out for 10 days at the end of April to go visit my brother in Korea.  Since I got back (May 1st) I've probably done about 10 hours of real actual work.  I get into this super hulk unproductive mode where I am F5 refreshing page 1 of NT - General just to see if any new topics of interest have come up.  Last Wedensday I was probably in the office for a grand total of 5 hours.  Got in at 9a.  Goofed around on NT til 12.  Met up with a friend for a nice 2 hour lunch.  Wife calls me up right when I got back from lunch to tell me that she got some Laker tickets from one of her reps.  Left the office early at 4p so I could beat traffic to Staples for Game 2 of the Lakers/Dallas series (I shoulda just stayed home).

Salary FTL

has its upsides..
last in, first out. 
laugh.gif

long days are a B, tho.
30t6p3b.gif

laugh.gif

Mojod what do you do for a living if you dont mind me asking. I always see that you post about alcohol at work
pimp.gif
 and not much time spent in the office and stuff. Forgive me if im wrong but I think thats you.

Salary FTL

has its upsides..
last in, first out. 
laugh.gif

long days are a B, tho.
30t6p3b.gif

laugh.gif

Mojod what do you do for a living if you dont mind me asking. I always see that you post about alcohol at work
pimp.gif
 and not much time spent in the office and stuff. Forgive me if im wrong but I think thats you.

55k salary, plus bonuses and raises at year end. Got some side hustles with bball playoff tix, ebay/CL, and of course kicks.

Got my masters and CPA in December so not bad out of school, but like everyone says its never enough.

55k salary, plus bonuses and raises at year end. Got some side hustles with bball playoff tix, ebay/CL, and of course kicks.

Got my masters and CPA in December so not bad out of school, but like everyone says its never enough.

Originally Posted by yeahitsRUST

has its upsides..
last in, first out. 
laugh.gif

long days are a B, tho.
30t6p3b.gif

laugh.gif

pimp.gif

I'm a credit manager at a specialty equipment leasing firm  that specializes in heavy machinery/yellow iron (bulldozers, excavators, etc...), farm/logging equipment, and transportation equipment (big rigs, trailers, etc...)

Its a very small company so it is a very casual environment (even though we have to dress business casual
sick.gif
 ) without a lot of the office politics that comes with working at a large company.  We have recently downsized, and are now down to 10 employees, but hopefully this damn economy will turn around and we can start doing more business and continue to grow again.  I've been here for 6? 7? years now? I dont even remember.  When I first started it was just 3 of us, the owner, my boy, and me.  I cant ever imagine leaving cause my boss is probably the best boss I have ever had, and I thoroughly enjoy doing what I do ("lending" money to dirtbags with terrible credit).

Since I am the only resident asian in the office (and because I'm the only one that comes from a remotely technical background with a degree in Information Systems) I am the resident tech guy, along with my normal job duties.  As such, I, nor anyone else in the office has any filters or locks on our computers so it allows me free reign to goof around on NT or whatever else I want to.  I just let everyone know that if they wreck their computer with malware from watching too much pr0n, then they are responsible for fixing it.  I am not going to clean up their mess for them.  We have lost a couple of workstations over the years because my colleagues do not heed my warning.

sorry, thats probably more info than you asked for.

has its upsides..
last in, first out. 
laugh.gif

long days are a B, tho.
30t6p3b.gif

laugh.gif

pimp.gif

I'm a credit manager at a specialty equipment leasing firm  that specializes in heavy machinery/yellow iron (bulldozers, excavators, etc...), farm/logging equipment, and transportation equipment (big rigs, trailers, etc...)

Its a very small company so it is a very casual environment (even though we have to dress business casual
sick.gif
 ) without a lot of the office politics that comes with working at a large company.  We have recently downsized, and are now down to 10 employees, but hopefully this damn economy will turn around and we can start doing more business and continue to grow again.  I've been here for 6? 7? years now? I dont even remember.  When I first started it was just 3 of us, the owner, my boy, and me.  I cant ever imagine leaving cause my boss is probably the best boss I have ever had, and I thoroughly enjoy doing what I do ("lending" money to dirtbags with terrible credit).

Since I am the only resident asian in the office (and because I'm the only one that comes from a remotely technical background with a degree in Information Systems) I am the resident tech guy, along with my normal job duties.  As such, I, nor anyone else in the office has any filters or locks on our computers so it allows me free reign to goof around on NT or whatever else I want to.  I just let everyone know that if they wreck their computer with malware from watching too much pr0n, then they are responsible for fixing it.  I am not going to clean up their mess for them.  We have lost a couple of workstations over the years because my colleagues do not heed my warning.

sorry, thats probably more info than you asked for.

^I just always wondered. Sounds like you got it made good sir. I need to get on board with something like that. I manage a tiny retail shop but even when I was an assistant manager at best buy I felt like I had no job security. Seems like you dont have to worry about that at all. 
pimp.gif

^I just always wondered. Sounds like you got it made good sir. I need to get on board with something like that. I manage a tiny retail shop but even when I was an assistant manager at best buy I felt like I had no job security. Seems like you dont have to worry about that at all. 
pimp.gif

minimum wage. But all I do at my job is sit in a chair and rarely get any customers so I don't deserve any more then what I make really. *shrugs shoulders*

minimum wage. But all I do at my job is sit in a chair and rarely get any customers so I don't deserve any more then what I make really. *shrugs shoulders*

pimp.gif
I guess what I give up in terms of salary (Been at it for 6-7 years and havent cracked 6 fig yet), I get back in terms of freedom, job security, and very little work related stress.

pimp.gif
I guess what I give up in terms of salary (Been at it for 6-7 years and havent cracked 6 fig yet), I get back in terms of freedom, job security, and very little work related stress.

Back
Top Bottom