NT, how much do you guys spend on groceries per month?

And how many people do you feed?

I live by myself and for food items I usually spend anywhere from $300-$325 a month. I buy fruits, veggies, meats, eggs, nuts, bottled water, juice....eating healthy is expensive.
indifferent.gif

And how many people do you feed?

I live by myself and for food items I usually spend anywhere from $300-$325 a month. I buy fruits, veggies, meats, eggs, nuts, bottled water, juice....eating healthy is expensive.
indifferent.gif

Eating healthy CAN be expensive, if you are shopping at whole foods. Most of my $ is spent on produce, I don't think I even spend $100 per month. Just me.

I usually buy my produce from the Latin Markets. Very cheap. Damn OP< that is a lot to spend on just you.

Eating healthy CAN be expensive, if you are shopping at whole foods. Most of my $ is spent on produce, I don't think I even spend $100 per month. Just me.

I usually buy my produce from the Latin Markets. Very cheap. Damn OP< that is a lot to spend on just you.

when i lived a lone at the most $160 a month. i catch meat on sale and stock up, i also plan my meals in advanced for the most part. i now live with a man who eats like a horse but the budget is still the same.

when i lived a lone at the most $160 a month. i catch meat on sale and stock up, i also plan my meals in advanced for the most part. i now live with a man who eats like a horse but the budget is still the same.

I don't go to whole foods. I usually shop at Vons, Ralphs or Trader Joes. There are certain things that Trader Joes has that other stores don't and then I choose Ralphs and Vons dependent on what items they have on sale with the shoppers card. Ralphs seems to have the cheaper fruits and produce, and Vons has good deals on meats. Almonds, Cashews, Walnuts etc. are expensive no matter where you go.

I just started the Paleo diet otherwise I would buy a lot of frozen dinners.
laugh.gif
I gotta stick to it though.

I don't go to whole foods. I usually shop at Vons, Ralphs or Trader Joes. There are certain things that Trader Joes has that other stores don't and then I choose Ralphs and Vons dependent on what items they have on sale with the shoppers card. Ralphs seems to have the cheaper fruits and produce, and Vons has good deals on meats. Almonds, Cashews, Walnuts etc. are expensive no matter where you go.

I just started the Paleo diet otherwise I would buy a lot of frozen dinners.
laugh.gif
I gotta stick to it though.

In terms of fresh produce, you might want to hit up some open air markets after work hours or weekends. Eating healthy is only expensive if you make it expensive. I eat healthy and I don't view it expensive at all.

Nuts are expensive which is why I don't eat/buy them that often.

In terms of fresh produce, you might want to hit up some open air markets after work hours or weekends. Eating healthy is only expensive if you make it expensive. I eat healthy and I don't view it expensive at all.

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

I've gone to Farmers Markets before, but they seem to be just as expensive as the supermarkets. Of course, I usually went to the Farmers Market at The Grove. I wonder if that one is more expensive than the other ones...

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

I've gone to Farmers Markets before, but they seem to be just as expensive as the supermarkets. Of course, I usually went to the Farmers Market at The Grove. I wonder if that one is more expensive than the other ones...

I am wondering which city you are from. Just a breakdown of a recent purchase of mine:

3 Romain Hearts: $2
4 Cucumbers: $2
4 Lemons: $0.50
Gallon of Milk: $2.49 (Tuesday/Friday Special)
Large Pineapple: $1.99
Bag of Carrots: $0.59
2 Stalks of Celery: $2.50
8 Large Oranges: $2

That will hold me over for about 2 weeks. Plenty of salad and I already have stuff in the house.

Back
Top Bottom