NT, how the hell is S.A. Spurs THIS good?

Originally Posted by EkinKlat

Originally Posted by Kiddin Like Jason

Could they challenge the Bulls record?
Why do you do these things to yourself?

Bulls through 31 games: 28-3

Spurs through 33: 29-4

No i don't think they'll finish the season with 9 or less losses, I just wanted to know if other NT'ers thought so.

2004-05 Suns through 35 games: 31-4
2004-05 Suns through 82 games: 62-20

2005-06 Pistons through 42 games: 37-5
2005-06 Pistons through 82 games: 64-18

I bet you think you're really clever to point out that Spurs have a theoretical chance of matching or beating 72-10. Thinking you're seeing things no one else is, as if no one else noticed that the Spurs are 29-4 now. The 07-08 Rockets won 21 games in a row at one point and they only had 55 wins at the end of the season. Teams have hot streaks throughout a season. Maybe we're just witnessing a hot streak by the Spurs that just happens to be through at start of the season. It remains to be seen because it's a long season and we're barely a third of the way through it. If by mid-March it still looks like they can win 72, then come back and talk. Nothing is impossible, but seeing how this team isn't much different than the Spurs from last year who were only 50-32 last season, this team can still have some 3-game losing streaks throughout the rest of the season.

Originally Posted by EkinKlat

Originally Posted by Kiddin Like Jason

Could they challenge the Bulls record?
Why do you do these things to yourself?

Bulls through 31 games: 28-3

Spurs through 33: 29-4

No i don't think they'll finish the season with 9 or less losses, I just wanted to know if other NT'ers thought so.

2004-05 Suns through 35 games: 31-4
2004-05 Suns through 82 games: 62-20

2005-06 Pistons through 42 games: 37-5
2005-06 Pistons through 82 games: 64-18

I bet you think you're really clever to point out that Spurs have a theoretical chance of matching or beating 72-10. Thinking you're seeing things no one else is, as if no one else noticed that the Spurs are 29-4 now. The 07-08 Rockets won 21 games in a row at one point and they only had 55 wins at the end of the season. Teams have hot streaks throughout a season. Maybe we're just witnessing a hot streak by the Spurs that just happens to be through at start of the season. It remains to be seen because it's a long season and we're barely a third of the way through it. If by mid-March it still looks like they can win 72, then come back and talk. Nothing is impossible, but seeing how this team isn't much different than the Spurs from last year who were only 50-32 last season, this team can still have some 3-game losing streaks throughout the rest of the season.

Originally Posted by bijald0331

Want to make a bet, RoOk?

25iai2r.jpg

Originally Posted by you go boy

Originally Posted by KaDUKUkicks

Originally Posted by DiPlOmAt TDOt

- They're healthy.
- Manu & Parker didn't play international ball this summer.
- Jefferson learned the system/his role over the summer.
- As always they found new complimentary players.
^this...and if they can't take it to the hole...they gonna make it rain that 3ball...the western conf. playoffs gonna be silly tho...

and also they evolved as a team and tweaked their offense
Or maybe it's because Parker got a divorce and is a free man
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by you go boy

Originally Posted by KaDUKUkicks

Originally Posted by DiPlOmAt TDOt

- They're healthy.
- Manu & Parker didn't play international ball this summer.
- Jefferson learned the system/his role over the summer.
- As always they found new complimentary players.
^this...and if they can't take it to the hole...they gonna make it rain that 3ball...the western conf. playoffs gonna be silly tho...

and also they evolved as a team and tweaked their offense
Or maybe it's because Parker got a divorce and is a free man
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by DarkoDuck

-First, I don't think the spurs will beat the record but it would be nice.

-Like someone said above we are healthy which is important

-We had nice pickups this offseason like Neal, Anderson, and Splitter

-Pop finally learned that when you play a small ball you need a offensive mentality and it looks like it's working right now

-Our defence progressed from mediocre at the beginning of the season to somewhat good. Honestly it's mainly more smart team defence because we have no true "lockdown" defender.

-Splitter was hyped up because he was great player in Europe. Last season our biggest roster gap was a true big man next to Duncan and a lot of spurs fans believe Splitter can be that solid big man. Honestly he's a smart defender and knows he doesn't have strength to matchup with some big men in the league so he flops. But he does that against smaller players also. lol. Reason why he is not doing as good as what many spurs fans and others thought he would be at this point is because he got injured before the season and his playing time was reduced at the beginning of the season. But since we have had this nice run Pop doesnt want to mess it up by trying to force Splitter into the lineup so that's why he mainly plays during garbage time. From watching him he does have some nice post moves but he can be erratic at times. But honestly he really needs more playing time and just learn the system.
/thread
f4e16f43b48cec5ce96f7cbcebbd3986d24379af.gif

INB4 CP1708
tired.gif

Originally Posted by DarkoDuck

-First, I don't think the spurs will beat the record but it would be nice.

-Like someone said above we are healthy which is important

-We had nice pickups this offseason like Neal, Anderson, and Splitter

-Pop finally learned that when you play a small ball you need a offensive mentality and it looks like it's working right now

-Our defence progressed from mediocre at the beginning of the season to somewhat good. Honestly it's mainly more smart team defence because we have no true "lockdown" defender.

-Splitter was hyped up because he was great player in Europe. Last season our biggest roster gap was a true big man next to Duncan and a lot of spurs fans believe Splitter can be that solid big man. Honestly he's a smart defender and knows he doesn't have strength to matchup with some big men in the league so he flops. But he does that against smaller players also. lol. Reason why he is not doing as good as what many spurs fans and others thought he would be at this point is because he got injured before the season and his playing time was reduced at the beginning of the season. But since we have had this nice run Pop doesnt want to mess it up by trying to force Splitter into the lineup so that's why he mainly plays during garbage time. From watching him he does have some nice post moves but he can be erratic at times. But honestly he really needs more playing time and just learn the system.
/thread
f4e16f43b48cec5ce96f7cbcebbd3986d24379af.gif

INB4 CP1708
tired.gif

Originally Posted by bittersweet

I reallyyy dislike the Spurs.

They get soooo many unfair calls, the flops, just everything is OVER THE TOP.

I'll never understand why the refs allow them to do it.

My God the flops they got last night, the whole team was in on it. I would literally bet everybody who got in the game, maybe minus Duncan, drew a charge. And Splitter is trash. I'd bet everything I own he never averages 10ppg or 10rpg or even 2bpg on a season. Dude's quickness and lateral ability both up and down the court and on the delivery of his scoring attempts, makes Eric Dampier look like Usain Bolt. Optimistic career upside potential- Rasho Nesterovic.

My God the flops they got last night, the whole team was in on it. I would literally bet everybody who got in the game, maybe minus Duncan, drew a charge. And Splitter is trash. I'd bet everything I own he never averages 10ppg or 10rpg or even 2bpg on a season. Dude's quickness and lateral ability both up and down the court and on the delivery of his scoring attempts, makes Eric Dampier look like Usain Bolt. Optimistic career upside potential- Rasho Nesterovic.

Originally Posted by TCERDA

Don't even go there. Its not a problem when the Lakers or the flopping Celtics aka drama queens get all the calls. Quit bein salty bro. And Tim has never had the respect of officials. Dude has to get damn near killed down low to get a call. Please stop the complaining and givethose boys credit where its due.

Why are you mentioning the Lakers or the Celtics? Last time I checked, I was a Bulls fan.

They all flop, but NO TEAM flops more than the Spurs. NONE. Manu is such a dirty player. 

Originally Posted by TCERDA

Don't even go there. Its not a problem when the Lakers or the flopping Celtics aka drama queens get all the calls. Quit bein salty bro. And Tim has never had the respect of officials. Dude has to get damn near killed down low to get a call. Please stop the complaining and givethose boys credit where its due.

Why are you mentioning the Lakers or the Celtics? Last time I checked, I was a Bulls fan.

They all flop, but NO TEAM flops more than the Spurs. NONE. Manu is such a dirty player. 

Back
Top Bottom