NT.....I HAVE ROOT CANAL QUESTIONS.VOL..... DENTIST.

Cracked tooth #31 bottom right. Went to the dentist and I need a root canal. My insurance does not cover it so it will have to be out of pocket.....$2,125 for the following:

Three Canals on 31 - $835
Prefabricated post and crown - $250
Porcelalin Fuse - $1,040

I want to save the tooth and not extract it. Are there cheaper options out there I should look into before spending $2000+?

Any info is greatly needed.

honestly, the pain of a RC really just depends on your dentist. My dentist was absolutely incredible. completely numbed that area. i felt absolutely no pain during the procedure. then he prescribed me some dope for afterwards. the after pain was kinda bad if i remember correctly, but not unbearable. I didn't break my tooth though.

you'll be fine bro.

as far as other options...idk...when they give you the root canal, they'll cut the bad nerves and roots in the tooth and give you stuff to drain any possible infection. If the tooth broke, they'll have to get you a crown. It wont be saved.

Last edited:
I got root canals. Felt nothing. Fell asleep actually. I dont understand the reason for a root canal if they're replacing the tooth with a Porcelain Fuse?

It's gonna suck regardless, even more if you're dentist is like mine. He ended up breaking my tooth and having to just pull it SMH

root canals do NOT hurt..

ive had it done by a terrible dentist by the way and was no in pain during or after.

Back
Top Bottom