NT I'm Unemployed No More. Vol Beats By Dre

Long story short.

I quit my job earlier this year just to take some time away since I'd been working non stop since I was 14. I got cocky thinking that my resume would speak for itself and when I was ready to work again it would be a quick and easy process.

WRONG!

In the process I exhausted all my savings, had to sell my 300+ blu ray collection etc etc.

Probably the most humbling experience of my life, living on my own with no stable income. I realized that I was gonna have to drop the ego and start from scratch.

Well I got the call today from Beats By Dre. Starting next week. Its a seasonal gig that can lead to permanent position but we'll see. One things for sure this experience has lit a fire underneath me so I'm going in for the kill with this one.

Word of advice to some of you younger guys.

Finish School
Unless you have something lined up or savings to last you indefinitely, don't quit your job.

Rooting for you to go permanently slick. With those seasonal positions be on time and work your tail off and they'll keep you on. Speaking from personal experience.

Oh yea and never turn down an assignment or shift, they take all these things into account.

Long story short.

I quit my job earlier this year just to take some time away since I'd been working non stop since I was 14. I got cocky thinking that my resume would speak for itself and when I was ready to work again it would be a quick and easy process.

WRONG!

In the process I exhausted all my savings, had to sell my 300+ blu ray collection etc etc.

Probably the most humbling experience of my life, living on my own with no stable income. I realized that I was gonna have to drop the ego and start from scratch.

Well I got the call today from Beats By Dre. Starting next week. Its a seasonal gig that can lead to permanent position but we'll see. One things for sure this experience has lit a fire underneath me so I'm going in for the kill with this one.

Word of advice to some of you younger guys.

Finish School
Unless you have something lined up or savings to last you indefinitely, don't quit your job.

Great advice and congratulations on the new job bro.

That last part about not quitting without having something lined up can't be stressed enough.

Last edited:
Sup

Good **** homie

Tryna get this gig at jcpenny before they close they bsn but its all good

But homie....you gota get in there and put in WORK. Dammit do it for me..us.....NT

Put in work..

Was in a similar situation earlier this year I'm glad your back on your feet bro good luck.

Can you hook me up with a discount chief?
nerd.gif

Beats by dre? The acutual company? So you'll be working within the corporation or a retail store if they do have one?

Beats by dre? The acutual company? So you'll be working within the corporation or a retail store if they do have one?

Yep the actual company. I interviewed at the headquarters in Santa Monica. While waiting I saw Jimmy Iovine just casually stroll by like a boss :smokin . Store is opening up at The Grove. Anyone in the LA area stop by and holla. Should be opening up in the next week or so.

In case anyone was wondering. I was hired for the Inventory Manager position. Which is weird since I applied for the Assistant Mgr and Brand Ambassador Positions. It was a group interview with me and 2 other candidates and 3 managers. Ultimately I was chosen for the Inventory role because of my "commanding personality and my emphasis on every detail" that is what I was told.

Not gonna lie I knew I killed the interview as soon as I walked out. Everyone else knew it too. After being broke and unemployed for so long I came in that interview with the same mentality that Lebron had when they knocked his headband off in Game 6. When the lady called me today she even told me it was unanimous as soon as u left the interview and thats why we called you first. Usually, comments like that would have me feeling myself. But like I said It's been a long year that brought me back down to reality. So I'm humbled but still feel like I have a long way to go

Also, after visiting their headquarters I can honestly say it's like Niketalks dream job. Whatever you think a Beats By Dre office would be like, thats exactly what it is :smokin

Last edited:
How old are you and where did you work at previously?

I just turned 26 and I was a Customer Commitment Lead for sonicelectronix.com (hated the job, loved the people) for about 2ish years

No matter how hard I've tried to shake retail/sales it just keeps following me. So yea.

Thanks for all the support.

Congrats!

Also, find out when Dre is gonna drop that album and report back to NT.

Ha I asked the interviewing manager; have they had the chance to meet Dre? Surprisingly, they said no but they have seen him on several occasions. I'm guessing that getting that chance probably won't happen.

im just like you but on the opposite end been working since 16 got fired with bills still need to be paid. Just got hired after 5 months of searching and was thinking about paying my debt out and stackin a **** load quit and do school full time next fall. But i might just stick to this job which it pretty good paying and lots of OT . Im gonna be 27 next year and im starting school from the bottom. One thing to learn in life is, everything in life isnt guaranteed so always have a plan B!!

Back
Top Bottom