NT is it worth it to try and fix a 10 year old computer?

Intel X58 Express Chipset - Socket B LGA-1366 - Core i7 Support - Black - 16 GB Maximum RAM

That is NOT 10 years old. Changing the power supply? There could be more to it then that? 10 year old computers are only really good with linux on the low end.

^ My bad I forgot to clarify, it is not exactly the one I showed you. Mine is an older version and I did get it 10 years ago. It was when they were silver instead of black

No way. You could get a 5 year old working computer on eBay for about $50.

10 years is ancient technology and not worth thinking about doing. Things move too fast.

mac_mini_2011_unbox.jpg

your welcome
wink.gif

You can if you want but I mean do you even need it? If it's a fun side project sure but if you need a computer go get yourself a modern one

^ yup, that.

Took apart our 12 year old PC recently... Couldn't salvage a thing to use for our other desktops at home.
laugh.gif
Can't believe Intel Pentium 4 was 10-11 years ago. No SATA power/connectors yet. IDE ribbons and Molex
eek.gif

Just modded it for now.

Still suprising to see even the cheaper cases having removable motherboard trays. Even the Cosmos II that I have now has the tray fixed.
ohwell.gif

had a dell with 256mb of ram
laugh.gif
80gbs i could sell it tho for around 100$ a lot of people in this area buy computers as long as they work...but i just put in the garage

Originally Posted by milestailsprowe

Intel X58 Express Chipset - Socket B LGA-1366 - Core i7 Support - Black - 16 GB Maximum RAM

That is NOT 10 years old. Changing the power supply? There could be more to it then that? 10 year old computers are only really good with linux on the low end.

lol I was about to say.....i7, ten years old? wait, what....
OP just toss it. Most modern applications now and going forward would be extremely incompetent on a 10+ old system.

I still have my first Dell Desktop with a 16GB HD, sitting in the black of the closet. Need to get the pictures off that CPU to put my friends to shame. =)

!0 year old computer? don't even waste your time you would pay more just upgrading your computer when you could have a brand new one of a cheeper price. but at the same time you could buy a sued one that is couple yes old and do lil upgrades to it but ten years charge that to the game

Yea let it go, useless now a days...but like someone said up there, mac mini wouldnt be a bad investment its cheap enough and is better then the prehistoric rock you call a computer you have now

Back
Top Bottom