NT, Is there any way to remove yourself from an iMessage group chat?

So long story short I'm in a group text with a bunch of my friends and someone I do not want to associate with anymore. Is there any way to just remove myself without asking them to make a new one?

Thanks in advance.

lmao naw man. you gotta live with it. or jailbreak, download the number blocking app from cydia and do that.

i would know. i blocked my ex with the gruesome Mutumbo force. 

:lol: :lol:

They can be pretty annoying after awhile, if you turn off group message will that work?

Why don't you want to associate yourself with said person?

Have you tried asking them to create a new group message without you?

That has worked in the past for me.

i want to know this as well. i also feel that if ur the original texter you should be able to delete someone from the group msg

Have you tried asking them to create a new group message without you?

That has worked in the past for me.
Whenever someone asks me to stop texting In the group msg I just ignore them and text even more :lol:

i want to know this as well. i also feel that if ur the original texter you should be able to delete someone from the group msg

Yeah I asked the original sender to do so but another friend texted in it and we were back to square one.

Yeah I asked the original sender to do so but another friend texted in it and we were back to square one.

The answer to your original question is NO. Everybody has to delete you from the group message.

The best option would be to ask one of the recipients to make a new group message without you in it.

Last edited:
She ain't yours no more papi. You really gonna lose a friend over your ex? Sounds like you got problems bigger than a group text

#1. I aint your papi.

#2. yeah I think ill be fine with losing this "friend". And yeah I'm aware of my problems. Part of them are cutting all ties, which is the reason for this thread.

Why don't you want to associate yourself with said person?
He hooked up with my ex. I'm assuming my other friends want to keep the group together but I want out.
damn man 
tired.gif

maybe you could use the group message to your advantage and air him out???

^ I said what I had to say to both of them. Everybody else says they "don't want to take sides". Fine with me, but I told them all you could get ****** over just like I did. If he did it to me it can happen to any of them. Now I just want nothing to do with it.

Last edited:
Isnt that breaking guy code? Theres gotta be at least a couple months before he starts smashing, depending on how much you liked her and dater her for. I'm with cutting ties with both of em.

^ I'd say so. We went out for like 1 & 1/2 - 2 years. Apparently they didn't ****, only them and god know that tho. I don't care. Any contact is enough for me to get them out of my life. As far as im concerned, any ex is off limits, no matter how long its been. I'm bummed about how it may effect my relationships with my other friends, but whoever wants to be my friend will make the effort. I'm glad those two showed their true colors.

Back
Top Bottom