NT Legal experts: Why was this dude arrested?

I wanna see a black version of this. Tazered, pepper sprayed, stomped out, plant some crack on him, cuff him in a short 2 minute video.

Only a white guy could get away with talking to the cops like that. I aint tryna Amadou Dialoed.

Originally Posted by AntonLaVey

I wanna see a black version of this. Tazered, pepper sprayed, stomped out, plant some crack on him, cuff him in a short 2 minute video.

Only a white guy could get away with talking to the cops like that. I aint tryna Amadou Dialoed.

Cut the crap. We all know police brutality happens to all races. This guys use of words were very threating. Thats like calling someone the N word. What if one of them had a jewish background!!

Cut the crap. We all know police brutality happens to all races. This guys use of words were very threating. Thats like calling someone the N word. What if one of them had a jewish background!!

THISif he was black that vid would have been 45 seconds

Originally Posted by IICEMAN83

For once I agree with Anton...

Iceman, you a cop or something?

While what he did was stupid and perhaps offensive, I don't agree that it was "very threating".

While what he did was stupid and perhaps offensive, I don't agree that it was "very threating".

THISif he was black that vid would have been 45 seconds

All dude had to do was shut his mouth and mind his business, and none of this would have happened.

All dude had to do was shut his mouth and mind his business, and none of this would have happened.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not the type to pull the race card. But I also know a little bit about negative reinforcement. I've seen enough black people get beat up/shot by cops to know not to come at them in any way that would be considered remotely threatening. It's not worth it. After the Amadou thing I copped a big neon green wallet so no one mistakes it for a gun.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not the type to pull the race card. But I also know a little bit about negative reinforcement. I've seen enough black people get beat up/shot by cops to know not to come at them in any way that would be considered remotely threatening. It's not worth it. After the Amadou thing I copped a big neon green wallet so no one mistakes it for a gun.

Originally Posted by General Johnson

You were all up in that other thread where dude got called the N word by his supervisor. Advising him to sue and escalate the situation to all types of levels.

This is a very similar situation IMO, what should the cops have done?

Mind you if you believe that the cops shouldve just ignored him, then surely ol boy doesnt need to sue either as he can also ignore his supervisor.

You were all up in that other thread where dude got called the N word by his supervisor. Advising him to sue and escalate the situation to all types of levels.

Mind you if you believe that the cops shouldve just ignored him, then surely ol boy doesnt need to sue either as he can also ignore his supervisor.

Originally Posted by Diego

Clearly being called a racial slur by your MANAGER at work and being called an offensive name by a bystander as a cop are the same, right?

If dude in the other thread had been called the N word by a customer, you might have had a point.

If the cop had been called a Nazi by his boss, you might have had a point.

But since the cop was offended by what can be considered a "customer" in this situation, he should have ignored it and had thicker skin. The only way you can remotely relate the two is by saying that the citizen pays taxes, thus is in some way his "boss", but since he is obviously not directly in charge of the officer, your comparison has just achieved comparison failure.

Great try though.

Clearly being called a racial slur by your MANAGER at work and being called an offensive name by a bystander as a cop are the same, right?

If dude in the other thread had been called the N word by a customer, you might have had a point.

But since the cop was offended by what can be considered a "customer" in this situation, he should have ignored it and had thicker skin. The only way you can remotely relate the two is by saying that the citizen pays taxes, thus is in some way his "boss", but since he is obviously not directly in charge of the officer, your comparison has just achieved comparison failure.

Great try though.

Great try though.

Being called a racial slur at work = being called a racial slur at work.
We givin out passes now as to who can say it?
Thats part of the problem, people always want to look for exceptions as to when its borderline acceptable to be called a negative term.

"Oh if its a customer who said it, then theres nothing I could do...let me just ignore it."

Everybody wants peace, liberty, and equality, but we're always busy looking for exceptions to the rule.

Edit: Im well aware that "nazi" is not a racial slur per se...but for the sake of this argument Im just assuming we both agree that the line between racial slur and offensive term is very vague on that one.

Great try though.

Being called a racial slur at work = being called a racial slur at work.
We givin out passes now as to who can say it?
Thats part of the problem, people always want to look for exceptions as to when its borderline acceptable to be called a negative term.

"Oh if its a customer who said it, then theres nothing I could do...let me just ignore it."

Everybody wants peace, liberty, and equality, but we're always busy looking for exceptions to the rule.

Edit: Im well aware that "nazi" is not a racial slur per se...but for the sake of this argument Im just assuming we both agree that the line between racial slur and offensive term is very vague on that one.

Back
Top Bottom