NT, let us talk about Phoenix, Arizona. fun in the sun?

I would stay away from Arizona.  Immigration laws for 1, and 2... 100 degree summer weather?  Torture! 

I would stay away from Arizona.  Immigration laws for 1, and 2... 100 degree summer weather?  Torture! 

Originally Posted by Toy Collector123

Originally Posted by keithsweatsjordans

Originally Posted by LTDtruth

How is that not true?  It has the same array of restaurants, shopping, nightlife, living accommodations, etc...
Edit: And UofA is in Tucson, which is nothing like Scottsdale.
Notice I said I love ARIZONA. Clearly I know UofA is in Tuscon if I considered going there.

New York City, Los Angeles, Chicago, Boston, Atlanta, Scottsdale Which of these does not belong?
Now you're naming mid-tier cities. No city is matching NY, LA or uhmm maybe Chicago.
Scottsdale aint even on the map...
Fair enough. Either way my point is that Scottsdale has nowhere near as much to offer as NYC or LA. Telling someone otherwise is lying.

Originally Posted by Toy Collector123

How is that not true?  It has the same array of restaurants, shopping, nightlife, living accommodations, etc...
Notice I said I love ARIZONA. Clearly I know UofA is in Tuscon if I considered going there.

New York City, Los Angeles, Chicago, Boston, Atlanta, Scottsdale Which of these does not belong?
Now you're naming mid-tier cities. No city is matching NY, LA or uhmm maybe Chicago.
Scottsdale aint even on the map...
Fair enough. Either way my point is that Scottsdale has nowhere near as much to offer as NYC or LA. Telling someone otherwise is lying.

I think its a great area. I have visited there numerous times. You have Phoenix, Scottsdale, and Glendale all close to each other. Good food, decent sports, nice gold courses and and an overall nice area. I personally would live there. If you hate hot weather though, you should think again.

I think its a great area. I have visited there numerous times. You have Phoenix, Scottsdale, and Glendale all close to each other. Good food, decent sports, nice gold courses and and an overall nice area. I personally would live there. If you hate hot weather though, you should think again.

Originally Posted by bjamez20

scottsdale is full of a bunch of people that try way too hard and are generally stuck up d bags. personally, i wouldn't move here. i've been in tempe for school for 4 years and cant wait to get back to cali

laugh.gif
 i would fit in perfectly.

jk. 

ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by bjamez20

scottsdale is full of a bunch of people that try way too hard and are generally stuck up d bags. personally, i wouldn't move here. i've been in tempe for school for 4 years and cant wait to get back to cali

laugh.gif
 i would fit in perfectly.

jk. 

ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by Trelvis Tha Thrilla

Glendale is doo doo. And why is Scottsdale being compared to major cities. Y'all wildin!

Glendale is doo doo. And why is Scottsdale being compared to major cities. Y'all wildin!

Not to mention areas like Paradise Valley, Gilbert, and Chandler. Phoenix has almost everything you could want to have a good time (except a beach
grin.gif
)

Not to mention areas like Paradise Valley, Gilbert, and Chandler. Phoenix has almost everything you could want to have a good time (except a beach
grin.gif
)

I lived in Az for almost a decade and to be honest it kinda sucks.  Its fun to visit but living there gets old quick.  Scottsdale and AZ in general is all new money and pretty white trash about it. Real snobbish people who dont realize they live in the desert. Pretty much everyone there says they're from CA cause they spent one summer vacation there. No real identity.  There is no culture there either.  Thats what really killed it for me. Ill admit they've got some great food there and the year round sun can be nice if you're able to enjoy it.  Traffic is not as bad as LA but can suck if you're moving from one side to the other.  The relation to SD,LA and Vegas was always nice.  It was fun while I was young and caught up in but I could never go back.  

I lived in Az for almost a decade and to be honest it kinda sucks.  Its fun to visit but living there gets old quick.  Scottsdale and AZ in general is all new money and pretty white trash about it. Real snobbish people who dont realize they live in the desert. Pretty much everyone there says they're from CA cause they spent one summer vacation there. No real identity.  There is no culture there either.  Thats what really killed it for me. Ill admit they've got some great food there and the year round sun can be nice if you're able to enjoy it.  Traffic is not as bad as LA but can suck if you're moving from one side to the other.  The relation to SD,LA and Vegas was always nice.  It was fun while I was young and caught up in but I could never go back.  

Originally from California, but was in Arizona for a while -- 8 years about (grad from ASU too). Moved back to Cali about a month ago.. and I regret nothing.

Arizona is not bad, but just wasn't for me. I don't miss anything about it.

Originally from California, but was in Arizona for a while -- 8 years about (grad from ASU too). Moved back to Cali about a month ago.. and I regret nothing.

Arizona is not bad, but just wasn't for me. I don't miss anything about it.

if you barely go out its pretty coo
if you go out a lot dont expect to much
a lot of things are far from each other, mini traveling around different cities can be fun

if you barely go out its pretty coo
if you go out a lot dont expect to much
a lot of things are far from each other, mini traveling around different cities can be fun

Not even close to being true. I could see if you said Phoenix and even that would be a major stretch. That being said I've always loved Arizona. Came very close to going to UofA for law school.

New York City, Los Angeles, Chicago, Boston, Atlanta, Scottsdale. Which of these does not belong?
Notice I said Scottsdale has "just about" everything other cities have to offer.  I'm not delusional trying to say Scottsdale is as much of an attraction as NYC or anything, I'm saying that as a place to live, it has just about anything a person could want, or myself at least 
happy.gif
As for OP, if you have a job opportunity in the area that is promising and beneficial to you and your career I would definitely take it.  In addition, I would find it hard to believe that you don't like being in Scottsdale.  Just like with many other things, it is what you make it.

Back
Top Bottom