NT, let us talk about Phoenix, Arizona. fun in the sun?

Originally Posted by Liban906

Originally Posted by proper english

so um.. why are houses so dirt cheap around the SPHX/Laveen area?.. im talking about a 4br, 3bath, 2500sq ft single home for under $100k.. in contrast, a modest 1500sq ft in the Scottsdale area can go upwards of $350k+
is it really that bad down there? 
nerd.gif
I'm originally from the Bay and I moved out here to Phoenix around 5 years ago and I'm living in Laveen right now. The Laveen area is actually not bad at all. It used to be all farms in the past from what I heard but it's really developed now. The whole area is pretty much new homes. The only bad part is how far it is from the East Valley. I go to ASU so it sucks driving 30 minutes every day for class but at least I got a HUGE house for 150k 
laugh.gif
 Downtown PHX is around 10 minutes away from Laveen so it's not in the middle of no where. AVOID south PHX unless you want a nice house in the middle of urban decay 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

The weather here is the worst part. I came from Cali where we have some of the best weather in the US to this heat but once you get used to it, it's not that bad.
My coach lived in Laveen while I was living in South Phoenix this past year. It's amazing how different it looked going 10 miles down Baseline
30t6p3b.gif

I moved to AZ in Feb of 2010 and have lived basically right in the heart of Old Town Scottsdale since October and I absolutely love it here! I don't even have any expendable income to indulge in the bars, clubs restaurants and shopping, as our rent eats the majority of it up but I never plan on leaving and as soon as my money starts coming in I will definitely be buying in the same place I now live. I am originally from Miami so the heat doesn't really bother me, thats what A/C was invented for. I really enjoy the mountain views and the fact that we are within a few hours drive of so many other nice places is hard to beat as well. The place I live is pretty high end and yet we haven't had an unusual amount of problems with people thinking they were better than us so I don't quite get all of the "snob" complaints I always hear.........although I have noticed those always tend to come from people who do not live in Scottsdale...... correlation? Perhaps.

I moved to AZ in Feb of 2010 and have lived basically right in the heart of Old Town Scottsdale since October and I absolutely love it here! I don't even have any expendable income to indulge in the bars, clubs restaurants and shopping, as our rent eats the majority of it up but I never plan on leaving and as soon as my money starts coming in I will definitely be buying in the same place I now live. I am originally from Miami so the heat doesn't really bother me, thats what A/C was invented for. I really enjoy the mountain views and the fact that we are within a few hours drive of so many other nice places is hard to beat as well. The place I live is pretty high end and yet we haven't had an unusual amount of problems with people thinking they were better than us so I don't quite get all of the "snob" complaints I always hear.........although I have noticed those always tend to come from people who do not live in Scottsdale...... correlation? Perhaps.

do you need a car living in the PHX area? even living like in the actual city?

I'm in the DC area but if an opportunity popped up in PHX I feel its one of the few places I'd actually check out.

I've only driven around the city once.

I'm in the DC area but if an opportunity popped up in PHX I feel its one of the few places I'd actually check out.

Originally Posted by ryair max 1

yes

Originally Posted by ryair max 1

yes

i was thinking about living out there for like 6 months to a year before moving out to LA for good...how in the job market out there??? i could most likely get a transfer from my current job, but i'd like to maximize my savings so maybe grab another one or one good one...

i was thinking about living out there for like 6 months to a year before moving out to LA for good...how in the job market out there??? i could most likely get a transfer from my current job, but i'd like to maximize my savings so maybe grab another one or one good one...

Originally Posted by Dskilz3

I'm in Tempe right now and love it but I'm probably gonna move to Old Town when my lease is up. How much is your rent and how many bedrooms do you have?

I'm in Tempe right now and love it but I'm probably gonna move to Old Town when my lease is up. How much is your rent and how many bedrooms do you have?

I don't indulge in the bars, clubs...I don't quite get all of the "snob" complaints I always hear...... correlation? Perhaps.

Fixed

I don't indulge in the bars, clubs...I don't quite get all of the "snob" complaints I always hear...... correlation? Perhaps.

Fixed

I lived there for 15+ years and loved it....as for everyone saying no nightlife then you have never been to Tempe and food is on point plus Women are
pimp.gif

I lived there for 15+ years and loved it....as for everyone saying no nightlife then you have never been to Tempe and food is on point plus Women are
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by natch johnson

We pay about $1775 per month for a 2/2 at the Optima Camelview. That includes everything but electric, which usually works out to be less than $100 per month. 

Originally Posted by natch johnson

We pay about $1775 per month for a 2/2 at the Optima Camelview. That includes everything but electric, which usually works out to be less than $100 per month. 

Originally Posted by bjamez20

Fixed
Not 100% sure I understand what you are trying to say, but if its that I would understand the "Snob" stuff if I frequented the clubs and bars I gotta say I have much more important things to worry about in my life then that. Either way, I am completely happy where I'm at.

Originally Posted by bjamez20

Fixed
Not 100% sure I understand what you are trying to say, but if its that I would understand the "Snob" stuff if I frequented the clubs and bars I gotta say I have much more important things to worry about in my life then that. Either way, I am completely happy where I'm at.

One of my boys lives in between Tempe and Old Town. I spent a week out there in May and loved it. Golfed erryday and went out in Tempe or Old Town pretty much every night. RA Sushi is the goods. Lodge is pretty chill place, American Junkie is real fun, and I had a good time at Axis Radius. Many babes in Old Town looking good. You can really find whatever type of scene you are looking for or a bar/club for whatever type of mood you are in.

Tempe's got some fun bars too. Cue Club and Devils Advocate were probably my favorite two. But other than that, I was a little unimpressed with the nightlife on Mill Ave. I'm not sure what I was expecting because I always heard ASU is a huge party school, but it didn't wow me like I thought it would when I was there last October or in May. I'm probably going back in September for an ASU game. Can't wait.

One of my boys lives in between Tempe and Old Town. I spent a week out there in May and loved it. Golfed erryday and went out in Tempe or Old Town pretty much every night. RA Sushi is the goods. Lodge is pretty chill place, American Junkie is real fun, and I had a good time at Axis Radius. Many babes in Old Town looking good. You can really find whatever type of scene you are looking for or a bar/club for whatever type of mood you are in.

Tempe's got some fun bars too. Cue Club and Devils Advocate were probably my favorite two. But other than that, I was a little unimpressed with the nightlife on Mill Ave. I'm not sure what I was expecting because I always heard ASU is a huge party school, but it didn't wow me like I thought it would when I was there last October or in May. I'm probably going back in September for an ASU game. Can't wait.

Back
Top Bottom