NT...Lets talk Thankgiving... Vol. I'll take my plate to go thank you...

NT....take a seat.....

Why do you celebrate November 26th?

There are many arguments that can be made regarding to thanksgiving...
but all of them revolves around genocide.
Whether its the Moors of Turkey fighting towards Christiantiy conolization,
the betrayal towards Native Americans, or heck even the mass consumption of Turkeys.
So I decided hey lets dicuss it, why not....

[Average NT'er] I just want to eat...I remember something about pilgrims
but I don't really care..
[Average NT'er]

Well according to Americas mythology (
laugh.gif
) there were hardy pilgrims who
ran away from the political stature of England and landed in Massachusetts only to be aided
by the friendly Wampanoag Indians who helped them survive in their newly found harsh environment.
Which then lead them to a harvest feast in 1621 during the Pilgrims 1st winter.

[Average NT'er] Ok....Tek whats the problem? [Average NT'er]

While some aspects of this is true.
Its is also true that by 1637 the a man named John Winthrop the Gov. of Massachusetts was proclaiming a harvest feast
for the successful massacre of men, women, and children of the Pequot Indian tribe.
They where wiped out to create free land for none other than English Invaders.
This would be a patterned process that would go on to be repeated on and on again.
Till 99% percent of the Native Indians had been exterminated and the rest were left to assimilate into white society or die off on reservations,
until they vanquished from society.
frown.gif

But in retrospective to find the true roots of Nov 26th we must take deeper look back to
VIII century Europe.
During the 8th century Black Moors conquered Spain, Portugal, France and held control for over 700 years.
Threatening away Western Civilization essentially European Christians.
Late into the 15th century in Spain on January 2 1491, Santiago defeated the last Muslim stronghold in Grenada.

Which later lead to crusades killing off all those who refused to submit upon the Christian faith (which was subliminally white supremacy).
King Ferdinand gave all "thanks" to God for this victory and the Pope of Rome declared that day "Thanksgiving" for all European Christians.

These are the true religious and political motivations that formulated the white supremacist mindset that was the foundations for the economic colonization ofthe Americas and its Native peoples.

[Average NT'er] Really? Why should I care though? We talking 1491..1637...let it drop [AverageNT'er]

To no surprise it may be that the world empires have gained so through such brutality.
But when we refuse to believe that, or such is hidden from us therein lies the problem.
Nowadays the U.S. is addressed as a powerful nation.
Many believe one that is "inherently" so.....
but that cannot be true because this nations true history contradicts that claim.
So often history is shifted and twisted to benefit its image.

How come when history is being prideful and boastful about America
we are supposed to take it in...but yet when topics such as
Native genocide, slavery, anything downplaying
this country's innocence we are suppose to "let it drop"

One way this nation taints history is by applauding various patriotic holidays.
Feeding us the gushy s_ while it was something completely different.
Thanksgiving was never about Pilgrims and Indians "kicking it"
even though we are lead to believe that.
Fact is... Thanksgiving is a holiday in which we celebrate global genocide of the European ways and praise the "blessings"
we received from our oh so great, heroic founding fathers.
And still to this day we send our kids to school to learn such BS and
gorge ourselves upon sickening acts of barbarism.

Unfortunately some would rather deny the truthful history and submerge into a abyss
of comfortable lies.

[Average NT'er] Well I'm still eating..... [Average NT'er]

And you do that....

I'm def not going to tell you not
to meet up with your family, enjoy one another, and have a healthy meal. (prob not that "healthy" though)
Life is too short.

But at least while you're chowing down foods indigenous to America can you
think about those who lost their life and resisted colonization for the sake
of their own culture and beliefs?

If you not going to stand for nothing else
at-least acknowledge them within your thanks.

Hopefully there will come a day where The U.S. decides to make an atonement
for the ancestors and the minds that have been lost within the lies and suffering.

Best of luck to all my Natives fasting tomorrow.
And to all my thanks givers, while your passing that ranch don't be afraid to pass a lil' knowledge.
wink.gif

Yes I know this holiday was founded on horrible principles and actions. I celebrate because it's a chance for my family to be together, something thathappens next to never.

18key wrote:
Yes I know this holiday was founded on horrible principles and actions. I celebrate because it's a chance for my family to be together, something that happens next to never.

Maybe if you read you would have find out that I am concurring with that.
If anything good can come of this holiday it would be this.

Look at it this way, the Pequot Nation sacrificed their tribe and their land so the rest of us may have a day off in November to enjoy turkey and football.

Thank you Pequot Nation, your sacrifice will never be forgotten.

Filipino Thanksgiving: kids in 1 room playing video games, Adults in living room watching TFC, teens either in room w/ kids playing video games or not there atall. you want food?.. then run to the dining table and get some.

ain't nobody giving thanks to nothin' mayne.

- I wouldn't say I "celebrate" the day. It's simply another day as a human on Earth, except I am around relatives, enjoying Americanfootball and feasting on well prepared nourishment by the elder humans. It's a good time for all human participants; we allow pets as well, all arewelcome
grin.gif

- It's one of maybe 3 days out of 365/366 that my family is together on Earth. That's enough for me...!
ohwell.gif

smh.gif

Originally Posted by proper english

Filipino Thanksgiving: kids in 1 room playing video games, Adults in living room watching TFC, teens either in room w/ kids playing video games or not there at all. you want food?.. then run to the dining table and get some.

laugh.gif

In my fam, the adults are gambling on some mahjong, with the drunk uncles kicking it with bottles of everything, then the magic karaoke mic comes out
pimp.gif

I just love to cook for everyone, its a nice feeling especially when everyone is together (which rarely happens).

Originally Posted by Je Ne Sais Quoi

Filipino Thanksgiving: kids in 1 room playing video games, Adults in living room watching TFC, teens either in room w/ kids playing video games or not there at all. you want food?.. then run to the dining table and get some.

laugh.gif

In my fam, the adults are gambling on some mahjong, with the drunk uncles kicking it with bottles of everything, then the magic karaoke mic comes out
pimp.gif

roll.gif
i forgot to add the garage/backyard drinking x magic mic
pimp.gif

i don't care about the food.. i just like to be around the folk in my life that i care about.

Originally Posted by Je Ne Sais Quoi

laugh.gif

pimp.gif

roll.gif
i forgot to add the garage/backyard drinking x magic mic
pimp.gif
Cant have a Filipino gathering without the magic mic!

This thread is on time. I love reasoning and logical thinking. Celebrating without knowledge is so overrated...

Originally Posted by ninjallamafromhell

That was an awfully big post to just display that you know nothing.
The same can be said for you.

OP definitely been playin Rass Kass- Nature of the Threat...and it is historically accurate.
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by B Smooth 202

Originally Posted by ninjallamafromhell

That was an awfully big post to just display that you know nothing.
The same can be said for you.

OP definitely been playin Rass Kass- Nature of the Threat...and it is historically accurate.
eyes.gif
Don't need a rap song to teach me the wrongful ways of global genocide or colonization.
But Rass Kass is appreciated for shedding light on such issues.

Question....

Im getting a feeling that people are in fact disregarding the celebrating the events of Western Civilization
but only to go back to enjoy and still with stand in the benefits of it.

As I said before I totally back the people who say they just want to meet up with fam...
but that rarely happening is a problem within itself.

We shouldn't have to sacrifice the culture and history of others just to do so.

Instead of getting together to celebrate this brutality, why cant we get together to give
thanks to our ancestors for fighting, resisting and reserving the little pieces culture that we have today?

ima just get drunk with my uncles and cousins and watch the raiders smack the cowboys up
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom