NT, Losing the belly

Originally Posted by Stevenzsofly

Okay so I've been skinny for most of my life, graduated highschool at 6'0 125 lbs. 3 years later I'm at 6'1 185lbs. Really happy with my size now but I kind of gotten a little beer belly over the last year. Whats the best way to lose it and get a flat stomach again? Thanks

same exact thing here!!!!!!!!!! I also need to look skinny in the face!! that was like my money maker!

If you do the cardio and diet it will work. Most people dont realize that you will not see any results within a few weeks. You will start to see noticeableresults around 4-6 weeks. Make sure you dont use the scale to check your progress bc if you are also lifting weights you will actually gain weight in thebeginning and get discouraged.

As far as diet goes you need to eat lots protein -chicken, eggs, tuna, nuts, shakes- you should try to intake about 75-100 grams a diet if you are on a seriousworkout plan to build lean muscle. Try to avoid eating anything white- normally means sugars and carbs.

Good luck

no fast food
cut down portions
run/jog every day

im exactly the same as OP but a little less extreme on both ends of it.
i found i have belly so i just started running 30mins or 300 calories a day. less red meat. no trash food. just say no to the trash food and eat a salad oncein a while.

I'm having the same problem. The food really isn't an issue for me. I usually stay away from the bad stuff anyway.

Will a rowing machine help? And how often should I do it?

I'm gonna start jogging and playing baseball pretty soon, so that'll help.

Keep your heart rate up during that period. Most people on NT would work best in the 180 area.

The optimal is 70-75% * (220-Age)... 180 is a pretty damn high heart rate to be keeping...

Originally Posted by Dakingii

Originally Posted by Stevenzsofly

graduated highschool at 6'0 125 lbs.
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

Son i was 6'1 150 when i graduated and i was skinny as hell. You must have been a damn tooth pick

i was 6'1 135 in higschool.
smh.gif

now im 6'2 205 trying to get down to 175-185.

what type of diet are you guys talking about?

Originally Posted by arrjae

dont loose your belly,
bring your chest out!
laugh.gif

my cousins and i were talking about this....
Funny but true
i See guys in the gym with big guts but their chest are huge so u dont really notice the gut

6'1 and 125 is skinny dude
im 6'1 250 with 19% BF

Im facing the same issue, i do skipping, running and cycling
and my diet is getting on point

I'm 5'11/155. So the weight isn't an issue. I just need to tone up.

Just did 20 minutes on the rowing maching. I'm doing that every other day. Would that coupled with a sound diet be enough for me?

Are you sweating at the 20 minute mark at all? If not, I'd stay on it for another 5 min at least. But that sounds good if you're not trying to getskinny coupled with a sound diet.

I was soaked after 20 minutes.
laugh.gif
I just started getting back into it.

I'm guessing the point is to get a good sweat going and get the heart rate up. Correct?

Back
Top Bottom