NT Members who have friends/loved ones dealing with Cancer

Whats up NT , just a post to vent/communicate with the members of this online community about something I have been dealing with over the past year....reaching out to anyone here who is dealing with or has dealt with someone close to them wth cancer.  Ive gone through many other channels, comunicating with surviors and their families in person as well as online, both local and overseas.  I deceded to share this information here on this board for maybe it will bring some peace with me, and possibly inform others here who may be dealing with something similar.

My mom was diagnosed with Liver Cancer last year and has been undergoing chemotherapy to deal with this.  It has taken a toll on her, as well as all of our family members for this is the first time anyone in our family has had to face this type of situation.  Just recently her scans have shown that the chemo is not working.  Doctors have taken her off the chemo are now looking into other directions to go into and have suggested that there are alternative methods not done with the hospitals. 

A doctor that my family has got to know pretty well refered us to talk with someone he knows who deals with natural/organic methods.  The one thing that stood out  that he spoke about was the dandelion root.  Has anyone here had any personal experience with the dandelion root or any other kind of alternative methods to help improve the quality of living and possibly go towards the ultimate goal of remission of the cancer and any pain both physical and emotional that we, as a family are experiencing?

Thanks for any positive feedback to all in the NT community

Over the last year my mother also was diagnosed with cancer, no one in my family has never had cancer neither.  My mom was diagnosed with Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma and by the grace of God after 5 treatments of chemo the doctor told my mom she had no more cancer in her body, and by the grace of god it will stay that way.

The best thing your mother can do is to eat properly, and be strict about it. No Sugar at all, Beans, Guanabana, chicken-foot soup, beats, alot of vegetables basicallly...and another thing that might be helpful is always add Lemon in her diet or get her to eat a Lemon or drink Lemon juice regularly...all of these things, help her blood count, give her the nutrition and help her get through the harsh effects of chemo.

But other than that Stress is the worst thing for her, so never let her be by herself so she has time to think and dwell on it.  No matter how much u feel like crying be tough for her, and she will get through it, keep her spirits high and have faith in God....this is the first time i spoke about my mom, situation outside of my friends and family, its crazy how in one day your whole life can do a whole 180, but we all go through things to learn and share our experiences to help one another.

i know that feel....
tired.gif

Thanks for sharing brotha.  This here too is my first time sharing this information with anyone else outside of  my close ring of friends/family and with doctors.

Yes, we do our best to keep her company and always be with her. My dad is with her 24/7.  I live only 30 minutes away from my fam so i do visit as much as possible and i call every day to chat it up with her.  Her diet was not good before the original diagnosis and has since then ben changed to be cleaner and specifically organic.  Lots of juices,  vegetables and even eating regulary throughout the day  is the main change she made.  Along with that, we have also changed our personal diets to fight this with her, so she isnt the only one who is obviously making a dietary  change for the better.

As far as the stress goes, she doesnt have anything that makes her uneasy on a dialy basis.  She does take are of my sisters grandkids once in a while.  While it may look stressful sometimes, she gets great calmness and satisfaction having the kids around.  She says it gives her purpose when she sees and takes care of them.

And you are right about how one day you can do a 180 with something like this being introduced into your life.  It has brought us closer and it opened my eyes even more of what i am blessed with compared to me going day by day taking things for granted. 

OP buy your mom some Tangy Tangerine now!!

This vitamin supplement WILL help.

Also look at the other products youngevity has, they might have something specifically for people with cancer.

Both my parents had cancer to some degree, and both are doing fine right now and seemingly have gotten past it.

You mentioned diet and juices, my I suggest investing in a juicer? Juicing is a healthy way to nurish your body and help "detox" so-to-speak. Look into juicing books as well for receipes.

Also, in regards to dandelion root...that's supposed to be AWESOME for livers. I've drank the tea, and started drinking the tea after new years when I just needed to detox my body.

Good luck with everything, and I hope for the best.

My sister pass away from a 4 year battle with Leukemia in 2009. hardest thing i ever had to watch.
but one thing my sister didnt want people to do it treat her any different just because she was sick. she would have her moments of weakness but for the most part you would never know she was sick by talking to her.
still my hero, and always will be.

My ex's brother had cancer and i felt sad for him because he didnt get to enjoy his youth and he was geniuely a nice person at heart.its always the good that die young and the evil that live forever. Anyways at first his family didnt know what was wrong with him because he always slept alot, till they decided to take him to the hospital and he was diagnosed with lukemia. I was lost for words when i heard the news all i could do was give her my suppourt and try to cheer her up. What made things worse is our reltationship was long distance so she need me more than ever and i couldnt be there so i would talk to her for hrs on the phone and ontop of that her attitude towards me changed after her brother passed she started to give me the cold shoulder and i didnt get mad i just adapted to it because i loved her, if i would of lost someone close maybe i would of been indiffrent towards people i love.

Back
Top Bottom