NT MEN: How far do you take personal hygiene?

The reason i bring this up is because this morning I woke up to go to class and I hopped on the bus. I sit down next to some dude that (no lance) was dressedpretty clean, you know a polo some khakis and what not...but there was a horid smell that was coming off of him. It seemed like two garbage trucks dumped wasteon him and then he proceeded to go to class. I look at his hair and there was like dandruff all over his scalp
sick.gif
... I was hoping people would not think it was me stinking up the bus because itwas packed and I was sitting next to him. When i got to class i started thinking about what I do to keep clean routinely.

I brush my teeth after every meal.
I floss at least once a day to remove plaque.
I trim my nails so i dont end up like an ogre.
I use good body wash and shampoo for my hair.
I use good lotion so I dont walk around all ashy like some dudes
smh.gif
... word to ashy larry

I know i'm not the only dude on here that really cares about the way they carry themselves without being labled metro.. but I guess its personal preference... just wanted to know NTs thought on this....

Originally Posted by nightruans

smh.gif
... word to ashy larry
I do everything you said except for the first one if I am not at home (I chew gum instead). All dudes should do all of that stuff, pretty standardimo.

I brush my teeth after every meal. after breakfast and before bed.
smh.gif
... word to ashy larry

And I wash my face in the shower every other day. I chew Trident after lunch too if that matters.

Originally Posted by justhotkicks

I'll just say this: There's no BO like white-guy BO. It's on another level.

laugh.gif

makes me think of all the roommate horror stories on here bout roommates that don't shower for days/weeks...

I floss excessively
I have more body wash and shampoo than the average woman
My nails stay low
i use lotion but it barely works so i need to keep one of those little bottles i steal from hotels on me at all times....i stay ashy SMH
tired.gif
. Looking liek I been cutting up cocaine all day.
I shower once a day......twice during the summer cause i get sweaty. I take long hot showers, it's therapeutic.

smh.gif
... word to ashy larry
I brush my teeth when I wake up and when I go to sleep. Chew gum, mouthwash during the workday.

I actually bite my nails,
ohwell.gif
. I know, it is a very bad habit. Iconstantly wash my hands and use hand sanitizer. I also trim/shave body hair.
smh.gif
@ dudes ballin' in the gym with cutoffs looking as if they have Don Kingin a headlock,
smh.gif

I'm not white.....

Some of my brown friends would choose another group,
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by AntonLaVey

I floss excessively
My nails stay low
i use lotion but it barely works so i need to keep one of those little bottles i steal from hotels on me at all times....i stay ashy SMH
tired.gif
I shower once a day......twice during the summer cause i get sweaty. I take long hot showers, it's therapeutic.

try baby oil or baby oil gel (less messy) at night after a shower...while still a lil wet...you might need to do it every night in the winter but during thesummer you'll only need to do it every few days...works for me...

Wrong, no racism but if you've ever smelled a stinky brown dude....damn man....damn
sick.gif

Originally Posted by mytmouse76

Originally Posted by AntonLaVey

I floss excessively
My nails stay low
tired.gif

try baby oil or baby oil gel (less messy) at night after a shower...while still a lil wet...you might need to do it every night in the winter but during the summer you'll only need to do it every few days...works for me...
Baby oil is too greasy....I'll look into the oil gel. Cocoa butter is the only thing that even comes close to lasting for me. I put on lotionstep outside and get ashy again.

gel is still greasy but not like the oil...i just wear pants to bed when i do put it on...its best on the body but you'll probably still have to put lotionon your hands and face in the morning when that cold air hits it...

-i shower atleast once a day
-i brush my teeth 3 times a day. Before i leave for class, after lunch (if im home), and before bed.
-keep the nails trimmed
-deoderant and a spray of cologne in the morning.
-a re-apply of deoderant in the afternoon or before i leave the house again if its hot
-wash my face every morning

I brush and rinse twice a day
Body wash and shampoo/conditioner in the shower
Lotion up right after I get outta the shower
I use hair wax so I don't get dried gel or flakes in my hair
laugh.gif

Keep my fingernails at a nice level
Old Spice Redzone so I don't get the Mexican dude BO
I always carry a travel size bottle of lotion in my backpack in the winter
And I always gotta have some type of cologne on

I don't always have to look fresh, I can go to class in some sweats and stuff. But I couldn't live with myself if I wasn't smelling fresh. Bein thestinky dude in class FTL

Brush teeth 3 times a day. Chew gum a lot so my breath don't smell like $!%+.
Use mouthwash every night as well as floss
Shave every 2-3 days, trim stache and goatee
Nails get cut every week
Shower twice a day

Originally Posted by 18key

I brush my teeth after every meal. after breakfast and before bed.
smh.gif
... word to ashy larry

And I wash my face in the shower every other day. I chew Trident after lunch too if that matters.
my dentist hates when i go in for cleanings.... i just hate flossing..
laugh.gif
once she said she was gonna charge me double for a cleaning...
i am mad ashy yo
laugh.gif
.. my legs are the worse... i have exima<sp its theashy thing.. my daughter has it too

Brushing your teeth more than twice a day is not good for your teeth or gums.

Originally Posted by GuerillaUnit

-i shower atleast once a day
-keep the nails trimmed
-deoderant and a spray of cologne in the morning.
-a re-apply of deoderant in the afternoon or before i leave the house again if its hot
-wash my face every morning
That's pretty much on point .. mee too except i gotta keep it real with the lotion .. Being ashy is not the bizz

^^ yeah its weird. I havent put on lotion on my arms and hands for months and they havent gotten ashy.

I stay clean. My main thing is I can't stand having dirty hands. I honestly wash my hands like 20x per day, not including bathroom trips.

Back
Top Bottom