NT Military Members: Combat Boot Recommendations?

USAF here... just wanted to see if y'all had any boot recommendations. My old boots are getting pretty worn out, so I figure it's time for a change. I'm not out on the field/flight line, so the heavy duty/steel toed boots aren't necessary. I'm looking into the Rocky C4 Trainer just cause it's lightweight and the positive reviews, but I wanted to check with you guys here as well.

And Happy Fourth of July weekend, enjoy the break and be safe
pimp.gif

USAF here... just wanted to see if y'all had any boot recommendations. My old boots are getting pretty worn out, so I figure it's time for a change. I'm not out on the field/flight line, so the heavy duty/steel toed boots aren't necessary. I'm looking into the Rocky C4 Trainer just cause it's lightweight and the positive reviews, but I wanted to check with you guys here as well.

And Happy Fourth of July weekend, enjoy the break and be safe
pimp.gif

I wanted to try those desert tans on nike.com
But heard they are phasing out that color for USAF,

I wanted to try those desert tans on nike.com
But heard they are phasing out that color for USAF,

jungle31.jpg

used to rock the green jungles boots w/goodyear soles ...
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
, back when i was in (98-2002) ....Analog marine
laugh.gif

jungle31.jpg

used to rock the green jungles boots w/goodyear soles ...
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
, back when i was in (98-2002) ....Analog marine
laugh.gif

We just got issued these Converse's for Afghanistan...they feel really good and light. The sole design give you a strong heel to toe pushoff when you walk. Also the side zip makes it easier to get in and out of. I'm not military so I'm not sure how the rules are for boots with the AF. DoD pretty much lets us do whatever.
r70k7k.jpg

I am getting these Merrells as well, when I don't want to wear a full on boot, and to walk around the base.
1187936.jpg

Don't get Goretex in the desert environment. The fine powder like sand clogs the Goretex pores and your feet get drenched in their own sweat. I learned that lesson with a pair ofo GoreTex XCR North Face hiking boots when I was in Iraq.

We just got issued these Converse's for Afghanistan...they feel really good and light. The sole design give you a strong heel to toe pushoff when you walk. Also the side zip makes it easier to get in and out of. I'm not military so I'm not sure how the rules are for boots with the AF. DoD pretty much lets us do whatever.
r70k7k.jpg

I am getting these Merrells as well, when I don't want to wear a full on boot, and to walk around the base.
1187936.jpg

Don't get Goretex in the desert environment. The fine powder like sand clogs the Goretex pores and your feet get drenched in their own sweat. I learned that lesson with a pair ofo GoreTex XCR North Face hiking boots when I was in Iraq.

would i be wrong to rock these for fashion??

cuz i kinda do.

wonder if it would come off as disrespect to the troops or something.

srsly...

cuz i kinda do.

srsly...

Originally Posted by ricky409

cuz i kinda do.

srsly...
No you are good. Disrespectful are those military styled shirts dudes be wearing that have 4 Star General insignia and Ranger Tabs for fashion.

Originally Posted by ricky409

cuz i kinda do.

srsly...
No you are good. Disrespectful are those military styled shirts dudes be wearing that have 4 Star General insignia and Ranger Tabs for fashion.

OP check out www.lowa.com.
Once there check out the Military/Task Force section.
They have a boot called the Zephyr that's just ILL (I don't even serve and I DO WANT).
They have a lot of dope boots for different things as well (if anyone else is interested).

OP check out www.lowa.com.
Once there check out the Military/Task Force section.
They have a boot called the Zephyr that's just ILL (I don't even serve and I DO WANT).
They have a lot of dope boots for different things as well (if anyone else is interested).

Nike Boots > Any Boot. But I'm army tho. AF you have your certain colorways i guess.

and those converses above, I'm pretty sure there outta regulations for us military. From what i heard. Most converse boots our outta regs.

But Nike, Killing It. I'm in iraq whenever or wherever i wear these. Perfect for a good long dismounted walking patrol. And great for running in them when i gym or when !#+ hits the fan.

Nike Boots > Any Boot. But I'm army tho. AF you have your certain colorways i guess.

and those converses above, I'm pretty sure there outta regulations for us military. From what i heard. Most converse boots our outta regs.

But Nike, Killing It. I'm in iraq whenever or wherever i wear these. Perfect for a good long dismounted walking patrol. And great for running in them when i gym or when !#+ hits the fan.

Last year in Afghanistan, I fell for the hype of that Nike boot. 
eyes.gif
Big mistake, I tore them apart in a month and they took oil stains horribly. 

Now I rock these, and I know they come in that funny AF green color. Rocky S2V, they feel like some Lebrons.

101.jpg

Last year in Afghanistan, I fell for the hype of that Nike boot. 
eyes.gif
Big mistake, I tore them apart in a month and they took oil stains horribly. 

Now I rock these, and I know they come in that funny AF green color. Rocky S2V, they feel like some Lebrons.

101.jpg

Since you're not in the field the Rocky C4's or any lightweight boot will do you right. The only thing is you should only expect to get one maybe two years out of them. I've been wearing the Nike SFB's but I'm pretty sure they don't come in that disgusting Sage green color
laugh.gif

Since you're not in the field the Rocky C4's or any lightweight boot will do you right. The only thing is you should only expect to get one maybe two years out of them. I've been wearing the Nike SFB's but I'm pretty sure they don't come in that disgusting Sage green color
laugh.gif

Interesting thread. As I've seen companies like Nike, Oakley, etc make military boots, I've wondered about this... I'm sure the DoD gives armed-forces folks standard-issue boots, but are you also allowed to purchase your own boot of choice and not use what they give you? Are there certain standards/requirements that have to be met for the boots?

Back
Top Bottom