NT MYTHBUSTERS: Washington Heights: Is it the place to be?

Originally Posted by WaveyJonesLocker

New York as a whole is over-rated.

It's rated just right
pimp.gif

If your experience in New York wasn't as good as you thought it would be then you're doing it wrong.

washington height stores do not touch The Bronx>>>>>

but I love wash heights, highbridge pool in the summer, quality chimichurri but theres way to many trini (go figure)

3700577910_e95ce7dcb4.jpg

Air max 87 stuck on da bergenline in new jersey kickin dirt on NY?
grin.gif
laugh.gif

Your grimey Thunderchunks from jerz, he know what time it is....
pimp.gif

Im a upstate NY dude..We get most of the city ppl comin up my way..in between NYC in albany..And I would def live in the heights. Love the atmosphere. You knowthe right people you good money..

Originally Posted by KingJay718

laugh.gif
It is funny how a lot of families are like sardines in a can. There's a lot of dudes got that a ton of sneakers, fitteds, jewlery etc, yet still at home, sharing a bedroom with their cousin and lil' brother, while not trying better their situation. Thank God I don't have that problem. I can chill in my room, while I look at New Jersey, the G.W. Bridge, and the Hudson River.
pimp.gif
Some of them simply do not care.

Who cares about being 25-30 years old, living at home with no intentions of moving out, or trying to better yourself in any way possible?

Getting fresh comes first.
pimp.gif

Overrated! Drug dealers on every block practically. Lots of rats crawling the street. The place is usually filthy. Sure there are a lot of beautiful womenthere, but you tend to see hoodrats before you see them. Too much damn traffic! Bunch of homeless people. Music being played loudly at all sorts of hours untildawn. Too many damn motorcycles that operate recklessly. Bunch of drunk drivers so be careful driving home from a club. Call me a hater, but I'm not intothose sort of things anymore. Can't front though, growing up there was a goldmine of fun. Every day in summer was a new adventure back then.

I mean if you are into living or chilling in a "hood" area that isn't that violent, than sure it is. However, I don't like it. I drove therea few times to pick up this chick from school that I was seeing and it just isn't me. Sure you got all those stores, clubs, and w/e else. But it dependswhat you are looking for. If you are looking for more upper level clubs and entertainment you aren't going to find it there. And I don't smoke so thatHaze means nothing for me. Than again, it's not hard to pick it up here in Brooklyn anyway.

I wanna go there and see for myself. Ninjahood gonna have to show me where all the Dominican chicks are though
laugh.gif

if your from NY and cant appreciate the hieghts you just love ++%% in your #!*

Originally Posted by AuthenticNikes

Overrated! Drug dealers on every block practically. Lots of rats crawling the street. The place is usually filthy. Sure there are a lot of beautiful women there, but you tend to see hoodrats before you see them. Too much damn traffic! Bunch of homeless people. Music being played loudly at all sorts of hours until dawn. Too many damn motorcycles that operate recklessly. Bunch of drunk drivers so be careful driving home from a club. Call me a hater, but I'm not into those sort of things anymore. Can't front though, growing up there was a goldmine of fun. Every day in summer was a new adventure back then.

As I agree with you on what you've said (my heights days were from 1997-2005), that motorcycle thing is on point. And if you think it's bad there, goto the motherland. I was shocked that there weren't 30 deaths a day. needless to say, i rented a scooter and rode around buck wild picking up 17 year oldsusias and doing things. fun things.

I can't believe this thread, sure Washington Heights has a lot of "culture" but why would anyone wanna live here? Drug dealers,"goons", hood rats, real rats, roaches, noise pollution
smh.gif
, crackheads,overpriced housing, it's far from everything that's good about NYC (Downtown, midtown, Alphabet city).

The good:
Delis, food, bodegas

Originally Posted by AntonLaVey

I can't believe this thread, sure Washington Heights has a lot of "culture" but why would anyone wanna live here? Drug dealers, "goons", hood rats, real rats, roaches, noise pollution
smh.gif
, crackheads, overpriced housing, it's far from everything that's good about NYC (Downtown, midtown, Alphabet city).

The good:
Delis, food, bodegas
laugh.gif
Trying to move into fort tryon? Moms been paying 600 for a3 BR for 19 years now
pimp.gif

Anyways, I spent the first 18 years of my life in the heights and wouldn't have want it any other way.

Where else can you find kicks at like 20-30% off on the regular? The Heights is one of the few places in NY with true mom and pop shops overstocked alwaystrying to get rid of something so they can make room for new stock.

Food? We dont got no 100$ a plate spots but for 20$ you can hit up el malecon and get a full chicken large rice large abichuela, tostones and a drink(somethingthat normally would feed 2-4) for one as a regular meal. Just want a snack? Pastelito people on every other corner all seasons for only a buck, summer? friofrios all day and cant forget 50 cent icees, nothing like a cherry/coco when you take a trip to the store.

Women? Just step foot in the heights, not even ride the A train and just look at what gets on and off from 145-193.

Thats only a few of the things that makes the heights so great, cant even get started on the haze, nutties, barbershops, cars, clubs..etc

Anyone from the heights who cant brag about it probably never stepped foot out the heights and realized how lucky they are to be in such a place that remainsconsisntant with everything it produces..Nuff said
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom