NT official Stadium and Arenas guide and personal review thread. Vol. Any Sport!

Milwaukee and Minny

Millwaukee's stadium is super nice, it's one of my favourites in the league
Minnesota's new stadium looks dope as well

Originally Posted by hawkflight6

Milwaukee and Minny

Millwaukee's stadium is super nice, it's one of my favourites in the league
Minnesota's new stadium looks dope as well
Agreed, I live in Milwaukee so I'm a bit partial to Miller Park, it's a heck of a lot nicer then county stadium was. I can't wait to take a road trip to Minnesota and see the new stadium. Anything is better than the super dome 
sick.gif
I also need to go to the New Busch stadium, I liked the old one, but that was 10+ years ago that i was there. 

As for wrigley it's a must. Just because of the history and the whole location of it.  Just knowing the age and history of the place makes it 
pimp.gif
 you need to go before that place starts falling apart even more.  

I don't live in Milwaukee but I enjoyed a game (Cubs) there.
The damn drive up from Chicago was filled with Cubs fans...pretty funny.
Plenty of parking, was affordable ($5) but a mess leaving and getting back to Chicago.

Game we sat in like the upper upper on the 3rd base side. Great view, underrated from that high up.

Food and beer was affordable (compared to my home park - Pac Bell/ AT&T Park).

Edit - that same trip we took in a Cubs game at Wrigley (Dodgers and K. Wood actually hit a hr). We're originally from Chicago so we'd been multiple times previously.  Still an awesome park though aging and showing.  Sat on 3rd base side 13-17 rows up from the bull pen mound.
Love buying beer from the seats.

Originally Posted by LazyJ10

Plenty of parking, was affordable ($5) but a mess leaving and getting back to Chicago.

Game we sat in like the upper upper on the 3rd base side. Great view, underrated from that high up.

Edit - that same trip we took in a Cubs game at Wrigley (Dodgers and K. Wood actually hit a hr). We're originally from Chicago so we'd been multiple times previously.  Still an awesome park though aging and showing.  Sat on 3rd base side 13-17 rows up from the bull pen mound.
Plenty of parking yup, but the $5 parking is gone now 
mad.gif
, that's the downside of them actually doing good.
General parking: $8 in advance, $15 on the day of game for marquee games, $10 on day of game for weekend games, and $8 for day of game weekday games

Originally Posted by air max one

Originally Posted by LazyJ10

Plenty of parking yup, but the $5 parking is gone now 
mad.gif
, that's the downside of them actually doing good.
General parking: $8 in advance, $15 on the day of game for marquee games, $10 on day of game for weekend games, and $8 for day of game weekday games
Damn that's wack. Toll roads on the way up and jacked up pricing.

This thread could be useful!!!

Here are some tips for my Detroit people......
Comerica Park - The frozen drink stand near the entrance (with the tiger statue) has one drink that has more alcohol than the rest, its the one all the way to the left (I used to work here and its a little inside joke among stadium workers)

Ford Field - dont see anything but a football game here (basketball sucks unless you sit in the first half of the lower bowl)....only get lower bowl seats, anything else is a waste....(please refrain from hitting me with lions jokes..lol)

Joe Lewis Arena - not a bad seat in the house

detroit parking is hellish during games, try and park just north of 75 near bookies....or south on Washington to find the most available free parking....

Palace of Auburn hills - Go to dinner across the street at The Post Bar, cheaper than eating inside, plus you get free parking and a shuttle to and form the game......

Just a few tidbits from some stadiums/arenas in the bay area...

Memorial Stadium (cal football)- You can easily sneak into the student section as long as you look like a student and wear the Cal gameday shirt or Cal colors. The security people checking for the wristbands only check at one section, if you walk further down you can pretty easily get in by just walking through. Obviously if you wear red or are just really old it won't work, but generally speaking it's no big deal.

Oracle Arena (Warriors)- 1st floor food is much better than the ones at Club 200 (upstairs).

AT&T (Giants)- Gilroy Garlic Fries, nuff said.

here's the stadiums/arenas i've attended...i'll try and get some reviews up as i think of them

Petco Park
Qualcomm Stadium
Angels Stadium
Dodgers Stadium
AT&T Park or whatever the hell it is now
Safeco Field
Chase Field
Coors Field
Kauffman Stadium
Great American Ballpark
Fenway Park
Wrigley Field

SD Sports Arena
Staples Center
Philips Arena
TD Banknorth Garden
Oracle Arena
Inglewood Forum
Jobing.com Arena

I guess to answer dakid initial question....

Coors Field is great. If you're going during a day game stop at Jackon's before the game. Literally right across the street. Most of the times they have dollar Coors Light draws. Get loaded, walk (stumble) into the game. Never really eaten any food there, my girl had nachos there once and they tasted like regular stadium nachos. Beers run 5 or 6 dollars I believe. After the game is over just follow the crowd to LoDo and downtown Denver. Plenty of bars to go to down there if the weather is nice the roof top bars are really fun.

I can add to the Kauffman Stadium list as well. Check the calendar for promo night. I would def. recommend dollar night (dollar hot dogs, peanuts and sodas) and fireworks night. Sometimes they have both promotions running on the same night. Beers I know run 6.75 or at least they were the last time I was there.

Not really  much to do around Kauffman Stadium other then pregame in the parking lot but if you go back into KC the Power n Light bar district is fun.

Food is pretty simple. BBQ reigns king in KC. Oklahoma Joes, LC's, Gates, and Arthur Bryants are the best. If you're going to Oklahoma Joe's or LC's go early because there is ALWAYS lines. Gates, if visiting the location on Brooklyn St, which is the best location (and original location) is best visited before the sun goes down because they will either run out of food and that isn't the best neighborhood in the world. Arthur Bryants, well just be prepared to be yelled at when you walk to the counter. That's how the people that take your order do it.

Rose Garden  

Food- There’s a red robin 2 blocks away (always packed before games) or if your 21 eat downtown (5 mins away on max) they always have specials on food and drinks)

Transportation- Take the max to the game

Tip – if you smoke cigars there is a cigar shop at the arena and they also sell fine liquors.

Where to sit – anywhere (but behind the baskets)
Qwest field 
Food - only place you can get the S'pacific Salmon BLT (if you dont like salmon get the kidd valley burger
pimp.gif
)
Where to sit - if you want to feel the 12th Man! Hawks nest!
For everything else look at Safeco in my first post (parks are right next to each other)...

Originally Posted by dakid23

Rose Garden  

Food- There’s a red robin 2 blocks away (always packed before games) or if your 21 eat downtown (5 mins away on max) they always have specials on food and drinks)

Transportation- Take the max to the game

Tip – if you smoke cigars there is a cigar shop at the arena and they also sell fine liquors.

Where to sit – anywhere (but behind the baskets)
Qwest field 
Food - only place you can get the S'pacific Salmon BLT (if you dont like salmon get the kidd valley burger
pimp.gif
)
Where to sit - if you want to feel the 12th Man! Hawks nest!
For everything else look at Safeco in my first post (parks are right next to each other)...
That's solid mass transit. I used it from the Air Port directly to my clients.  It was like $2.  I rode it a few times and only got asked for a ticket once.  They do random checks.

Well, I've been to quite a few. I'm only 19, so it's hard to accomplish what I'm trying to do. My friend and I have a goal of going to every MLB stadium. Also, every football stadium and basketball arena of wherever we're at.

Baseball parks I've been to- Renovated Yankee Stadium, New Yankee Stadium, Shea, Citi, Nationals Park, Dodger Stadium, AT&T Park, Oakland Colesium, Citizens Bank Park, Fenway, Wrigley, U.S Cellular.

Basketball- Oracle Arena, MSG, Izod Center, Verizon Center, Prudential Center

Football- Soldier Field, Giants Stadium

In September, I went to Chicago with my friend for a Cubs, Sox, and Bears game. It worked out perfectly. All the games were in consecutive days. I can honestly say I was dissapointed with Wrigley. It needs to be renovated so badly, which is what they are doing. I understand the history and everything, but it's not a good look. U.S Cellular on the other hand, I thought was great.

I need to get to Camden Yards this year. I live like 3 hours away, so it is a top priority this season. We want to take one trip this summer to a new park. I think its going to be between PNC Park and Target Field.

Here is his flickr for tons of sporting event pictures......      http://www.flickr.com/photos/jjway2006/sets/

Originally Posted by taimaishu123

KC and Stl.

kc has the second biggest LED HDTV in the world (next to dallas) and kc has been voted most beautiful ball park for many years now. we also have fountains in the outfield.
I went to Kaufman (is that still the name of it?) in 2006 and was very impressed.

I'll chime in...

Citizens Bank Park is great. Def check that out if you can. Great design, great parking.

Wachovia Center (Sixers and Flyers) has got to be one of the worst arenas in the country. I mean, it's clean and kept up and adequate but that's about it. The outside is about as ugly and bland as it gets and the inside is just plain boring. Add awful teams and you've got a money-wasting experience on your hands. They should be tearing down the Wac(k) Center and not the Spectrum. If you want a cheesesteak, go to Pat's in South Philly. Wack Center's version of a cheesesteak is pathetic, and expensive. Parking is good but like $15 bucks.

The Izod Center (or "Brendan Byrne Arena" when I was there in the early 90s) is a certifiable dump. Don't bother unless you are really, really, REALLY bored.

Madison Square Garden is the real deal. Is much more intimate in person than it seems on TV. Classic arena. No wonder players like playing there (not for the Knicks). When I was there last in 2005, the concourses needed obvious work. Good that they're updating it now.

TD Garden is pretty nice. The train station below it is kinda ridiculous but... The concourses could be a little more up to date. The seating itself and sightlines are great, though. There is no convenient parking and what parking there is available is pricey.

All the other joints I've been to are either long gone or not in use.... Spectrum, Veterans Stadium, Capital Centre, Memorial Stadium (Orioles)...

A T & T Park (Giants):

- Not a bad seat in the house
- Garlic Fries
pimp.gif

- Ferry Service to Stadium
pimp.gif

- Right on the Bay

the parking prices do suck though.

Oracle Arena (Warriors)

- Bart drops you right there
- Seating isnt that bad
- Eat before you go (food sucks and expensive)

Oakland Coliseum (A's) is dump but its the cheapest way to go to game

- Bart drops you right there
- Cheap
- on wednesday tickets are 2$ and hot dogs are 1$
- plenty of room
laugh.gif

Was in Denver over the weekend, so I went to see the Rockies and Nuggets play.

Coors Field (I would rank 7 1/2 / 10)

Food was nasty
sick.gif
 (Blue moon beer was
smokin.gif
)

Views of the field were great!

Atmosphere and crowd in the ballpark and LoDo before the game was
smokin.gif

x4oi2h.jpg

Pepsi Center (I would rank 6 ½ /10)

Reminds me of a poor mans United Center.

Food was nasty

Atmosphere was soso
eyes.gif

My view was great (don't know about 300 level).

dfad07.jpg

anybody been to LP Field in Nashville?

i plan on goin there, when football season starts.

Originally Posted by ERASCISM

[table][tr][td]Atlanta Braves Georgia Dog[/td][/tr][/table]
Stadium: Turner Field

Why It's a Hit: Slaw. Down South hot dogs are just not hot dogs unless they're blanketed in coleslaw. To add a little local sweetness, Braves fans top their Georgia Dog with sautéed Vidalia onions.

Atlanta-Braves-Georgia-Dog-xl.jpg

[table][tr][td]Arizona Diamondbacks Arizona Dog[/td][/tr][/table]
Stadium: Chase Field, Phoenix, AZ

Why It's a Hit: Southwestern flavors. A foot-long all-beef hot dog is kicked up with chorizo sausage, nacho cheese, and colorful, confetti-like tortilla strips, giving this Arizona dog a nice crunch.

arizona-diamondbacks-hot-dog-xl.jpg

[table][tr][td]Boston Red Sox Fenway Frank[/td][/tr][/table]
Stadium: Fenway Park

Why It's a Hit: Homegrown frank. Local purveyor Kayem has been making its beef hot dogs in Chelsea, Massachusetts, since 1909. The snappy franks are steamed, then grilled and wedged inside a classic New England-style bun (crustless on the sides with a split top).

Fun Fact: Fenway is the first MLB ballpark to install a Hot Nosh Glatt Kosher hot dog vending machine.

boston-red-sox-fenway-frank-xl.jpg

[table][tr][td]Chicago Cubs Chicago-Style Dog[/td][/tr][/table]
Stadium: Wrigley Field

Why It's a Hit: Garden on a bun. Cubs fans surely like their vegetables. The garlicky beef wiener is simmered in boiling water, then tucked into a poppy-seed bun and topped with sautéed sweet onions, "sport" peppers, diced tomatoes, briny kosher pickle spears, yellow mustard, neon-green relish, and a dash of celery salt.

chicago-cubs-wrigley-field-hotdog-xl.jpg

[table][tr][td]Chicago White Sox Italian Sausage[/td][/tr][/table]
Stadium: U.S. Cellular Field

Why It's a Hit: Spicy sausage. Like the rest of the Windy City, White Sox fans like their Chicago-style dog. But when they enter U.S. Cellular Field, fans make a play for the juicy Polish pork sausage and this hot Italian sausage with sautéed red and green bell peppers.

Fun Fact: This season the stadium offers sustainably conscious eaters hormone-free and humanely raised Niman Ranch sausages.

chicago-white-sox-italian-sausage-xl.jpg

[table][tr][td]Cincinnati Reds Cheese Coney[/td][/tr][/table]
Stadium: Great American Ball Park

Why It's a Hit: Skyline Chili. Cincy residents are as passionate about their Reds as they are about their chili. Cloaked in the famous Skyline saucy chili with hints of cinnamon and chocolate, the Cheese Coney is then topped with chopped onions and heaps of tangy, shredded cheddar cheese.

cincinatti-reds-hot-dog-xl.jpg

[table][tr][td]Colorado Rockies Rockie Dog[/td][/tr][/table]
Stadium: Coors Field, Denver, CO

Why It's a Hit: Length. Well, they're not exactly as high as the Colorado mountain range, but fans do get to munch on fresh-off-the-grill foot-long dogs with grilled peppers, sautéed onions, and sauerkraut.

Fun Fact: In 2009, Coors Field was the first stadium to introduce a concession stand featuring gluten-free hot dogs.

colorado-rockies-hot-dog-xl.jpg

[table][tr][td]Detroit Tigers Coney Island[/td][/tr][/table]
Stadium: Comerica Park

Why It's a Hit: Meat on meat. The Midwest is big on chili dogs, but unlike Cincinnati's cheesy iteration, Detroit's version focuses on the meat. At Comerica Park, fans line up at Leo's Coney Island, where the beef hot dogs are slathered with a "wet," beanless chili spiced with cumin and sweet, chopped onions.

detroit-tigers-coney-xl.jpg

[table][tr][td]Houston Astros "Most Wanted" Dog[/td][/tr][/table]
Stadium: Minute Maid Park

Why It's a Hit: Texas BBQ. In Texas, barbecue rules. And it's no different at Minute Maid Park. Astros fans can get their fix with the "Most Wanted" dog swimming in chopped beef brisket BBQ sauce and topped with chopped onions and sliced salty kosher pickles.

houston-astros-most-wanted-dog-xl.jpg

[table][tr][td]Kansas City Royals Royal Blue Dog[/td][/tr][/table]
Stadium: Kauffman Stadium

Why It's a Hit: Blue cheese. An all-beef frank topped with creamy, tangy blue cheese sauce, crispy bacon bits (made with real bacon), and chopped red onion.

kansas-city-royals-hot-dog-xl.jpg

[table][tr][td]Los Angeles Angels Halo Dog[/td][/tr][/table]
Stadium: Angels Stadium, Anaheim, CA

Why It's a Hit: Bacon. Followers of the Mexican-style street dog will be happy to find it at Angels Stadium. The all-beef hot dog is wrapped with bacon and topped with charro beans, shredded Monterey Jack cheese, and pico de gallo salsa.

la-angels-Halo-Hot-Dog-xl.jpg

[table][tr][td]Los Angeles Dodgers Dodger Dog[/td][/tr][/table]
Stadium: Dodger Stadium

Why It's a Hit: Have it your way. First off, the Dodger Dog is a foot long, so you won't need to miss an inning for second helpings. Next, Dodger fans decide if they want their pork frankfurter grilled or steamed. The cooked dog is cushioned by a steamed bun with traditional toppings — mustard and relish.

dodgers-hot-dog-142-xl.jpg

[table][tr][td]Milwaukee Brewers Bratwurst[/td][td]
[/td][/tr][/table]
Stadium: Miller Park

Why It's a Hit: Brats. Klement's Sausage Company provides the hometown favorite: brats. It's predicted nearly 1 million sausages will be served at Miller Park during the 2010 season. The pork and beef brats are grilled, then wedged in a crusty roll, doused with the "secret stadium sauce," and topped with sauerkraut and spicy brown mustard.

Fun Fact: According to the National Hot Dog & Sausage Council, Miller Park is the only stadium in Major League Baseball where sausages outsell hot dogs.

Milwaukee-Brewers-Bratwurst-xl.jpg

[table][tr][td]New York Mets Shack-cago Dog[/td][/tr][/table]
Stadium: Citi Field
Why It's a Hit: Shake Shack. Though Mets fans lost their beloved Shea Stadium in 2008, the new Citi Field has a culinary bonus: an outpost of chef Danny Meyer's Shake Shack. Shake Shack started in 2004 as a Manhattan take-out stand where sophisticated New Yorkers queued up for sliders and franks. Its Citi Field branch showcases the Shack-cago-style dog: a Vienna all-beef dog on a poppy-seed bun, dragged through the garden — onion, cucumber, pickles, tomatoes, sport peppers — and topped with celery salt, Rick's Picks relish and yellow

ny-mets-citi-field-shake-shack-shackcago-dog-xl.jpg

[table][tr][td]New York Yankees Nathan's Hot Dog[/td][/tr][/table]
Stadium: Yankee Stadium

Why It's a Hit: Classic New York. Yankee Stadium's signature Nathan's Famous hot dog is as iconic as George Steinbrenner. Like the Mets, the Yankees moved to a new and improved ballpark in 2009, but their passionate fans got to keep their classic all-beef natural-casing hot dog served boiled (a water dog) on a steamed bun.

Yankees-Nathans-Hot-Dog-xl.jpg

[table][tr][td]Philadelphia Phillies Fan Favorite[/td][/tr][/table]
Stadium: Citizens Bank Park

Why It's a Hit: Majority rules. This year, Phillies fans can vote on what will become the stadium's new signature dog. The finalists: The South Philly — an all-beef dog, with broccoli rabe, spicy roasted peppers, and sharp provolone on a crusty Italian roll; the Olde Philadelphia — an all-beef dog topped with Amish pepper hash, dill pickle, and yellow mustard on a poppy-seed roll; and the Citizens Bank Park Summer Hot Dog — an all-beef dog topped with cucumbers, pickled onion salsa, and ancho pepper sauce on a pretzel roll.

philadelphia-phillies-hot-dog-xl.jpg

[table][tr][td]Pittsburgh Pirates Hot Italian[/td][/tr][/table]
Stadium: PNC Park

Why It's a Hit: Peppers and onions. The sausage selection at PNC Park pays homage to the city's German, Polish, and Italian roots. The Hot Italian is seasoned with crushed red pepper and topped with sautéed peppers and onions served on a crusty roll.

PNC-Stadium-Pittsburgh-pirates-Hot-Italian-xl.jpg

[table][tr][td]San Diego Padres Sonoran Dog[/td][/tr][/table]
Stadium: Petco Park

Why It's a Hit: Tremendous toppings. A sturdy roll is needed to hold all the toppings on the San Diego Padres' Sonoran Dog. A hearty roll stuffed with an all-beef hot dog spiraled with bacon is then topped with a choice of pinto beans, grilled onions and peppers, tomatoes, relish, tomatillo salsa, mayo, mustard, ketchup, and cheese.

san-diego-padres-sonoran-dog1-xl.jpg

[table][tr][td]San Francisco Giants Tres Agave Dog[/td][/tr][/table]
Stadium: AT&T Park

Why It's a Hit: Chipotle sauce. San Francisco is a serious food town. AT&T Park definitely follows suit, offering Giants fans Mexican-style street-cart dogs from the upscale Tres Agaves. Cloaked in a spicy chipotle mayonnaise, the bacon-wrapped dog is then dressed with sweet grilled onions, jalapeños, and cucumber pico de gallo.

sf-giants-bacon-wrapped-dog-xl.jpg

[table][tr][td]Seattle Mariners Sea Dog[/td][/tr][/table]
Stadium: Safeco Field

Why It's a Hit: Fish sticks. When your team is named the Mariners, it makes sense to serve seafaring fans fish. Safeco Field's spin is a 10-inch fillet of cod, battered and fried, then stuffed in a bun served with tartar sauce and lemon.

seattle-mariners-seadog--xl.jpg

[table][tr][td]Texas Rangers Big Dog[/td][/tr][/table]
Stadium: Rangers Ball Park, Arlington, TX

Why It's a Hit: Texas-style chili. To satisfy big appetites, Texas Rangers fans chow down on a 1/3-lb. Sheriff Blaylock all-beef dog hot off the grill, placed in a foot-long Coney bun, then loaded with chili meat and nacho cheese, and topped off with grilled onions.

texas-rangers-dog-xl.jpg

[table][tr][td]Washington Nationals Ben's Half Smoke[/td][/tr][/table]
Stadium: Nationals Park

Why It's a Hit: All the way. The signature dog of the Washington Nationals hails from local joint Ben's Chili Bowl, where the family recipe mixes fresh, lean ground beef and secret spices. The half smoke — half pork and half beef thick-smoked dog — comfortably swims in the rich, saucy chili, onions, and cheddar cheese, also known as an "all the way."

dc-nationals-bens-half-smoke-xl.jpg

LINK: http://www.delish.com/foo...aseball-stadium-hot-dogs

Taken from the Ballpark food thread.....

Candlestick Park,San Francisco (49ers)
-Transportation is difficult to find and relativley expensive.
-Stadium is old and it shows
- Usually windy and very cold.

Back
Top Bottom