#NT Pit Bull Owners...what's hood?

Originally Posted by JsindaA

Originally Posted by In Yo Nostril

i still dont get the chopping off the ears thing

Well it serves no purpose unless you fight the dog.

yea dogs ears are sensitive so alot of pain is administered through ear bites, so clip the ears making them less vulnerable

Originally Posted by Cicero Avenue Dopeman

yea dogs ears are sensitive so alot of pain is administered through ear bites, so clip the ears making them less vulnerable

sounds stupid.. when u show the dog you HAVE to have the dogs ears cut. watch any of the shows, even schnauzers , dobermans, boxers, ect. i DO NOT like dog fighting one bit. so if u were to see me walking my dogs, and automatically thought since their ears are cut that i fight them, ur stupid.

sounds stupid.. when u show the dog you HAVE to have the dogs ears cut. watch any of the shows, even schnauzers , dobermans, boxers, ect. i DO NOT like dog fighting one bit. so if u were to see me walking my dogs, and automatically thought since their ears are cut that i fight them, ur stupid.

Cropping the ears serve a lot ot purpose, first if your dog is a show dog, then you must do it, second less infection occcurs, lastly for cropped ears, were the logical, functional addition to complete the bully physical equipment to make him the elite family companion and protection dog that he was, even from the beginning. There are two primary reasons that we desire cropped ears, and both have to do with FUNCTION. The first is that a neatly cropped ear is less of a "handle" for an attacker to hang on to. Since the bully has been bred to be a personal protector, a cropped ear gives the dog a decided advantage in a confrontation with a perpetrator. The second has to do with sound "localization". An erect earred dog can localize the source of a sound to within a 5 degree cone, whereas a drop earred dog can only localize a sound source to within a 20 degree cone. Since Bully's do SEARCH AND DETECTION as well as SEARCH AND RESCUE, cropped ears are a decided advantage.

Cropping the ears serve a lot ot purpose, first if your dog is a show dog, then you must do it, second less infection occcurs, lastly for cropped ears, were the logical, functional addition to complete the bully physical equipment to make him the elite family companion and protection dog that he was, even from the beginning. There are two primary reasons that we desire cropped ears, and both have to do with FUNCTION. The first is that a neatly cropped ear is less of a "handle" for an attacker to hang on to. Since the bully has been bred to be a personal protector, a cropped ear gives the dog a decided advantage in a confrontation with a perpetrator. The second has to do with sound "localization". An erect earred dog can localize the source of a sound to within a 5 degree cone, whereas a drop earred dog can only localize a sound source to within a 20 degree cone. Since Bully's do SEARCH AND DETECTION as well as SEARCH AND RESCUE, cropped ears are a decided advantage.

^^Good info son, thanks.

I have a pit lab mix. She's about a year and a half now at 65 lbs. She looks like a pit with her reddish brown brindle and face, but her personality is more than lab. Such a great dog!!

^^Good info son, thanks.

I have a pit lab mix. She's about a year and a half now at 65 lbs. She looks like a pit with her reddish brown brindle and face, but her personality is more than lab. Such a great dog!!

Originally Posted by streetglide

Here is one of my dogs

a3126695c91335f05b6a86a5ea48f45d4aeba9d4.pjpg

8ff267c52c10e57c567a38a8bf4764d66aeaf267.bmp

www.honorbullies.com

Too bad it's not a APBT.

Real APBT's are awesome. These frankenstein hybrids are just ugly.

vfe5w3.jpg

Compare that to a "bully".

Originally Posted by bwood056

APBTs aint show dogs, except blues.

Originally Posted by bwood056

APBTs aint show dogs, except blues.

I see some nice staffordshires.

312ut6a.jpg

Jackie as a pup
f2qzqx.jpg

Jackie at 1 year old.

vevl9h.jpg

and my newest edition, Sophie

both blue nosed american pitbull terriers

I see some nice staffordshires.

312ut6a.jpg

Jackie as a pup
f2qzqx.jpg

Jackie at 1 year old.

vevl9h.jpg

and my newest edition, Sophie

both blue nosed american pitbull terriers

This is the problem right here. Even though you may seem to know what your saying, your still missing some key factors.
Im pretty sure you know BULLIES are not APBT. 2 diff breeds. APBT are/were NOT bread for protection but rather fighting and hunting. THATS why their ears were originally cropped. Not because a "gun man" will attempt to grab a pits ears
eyes.gif
. And till this day, theres no reason to crop a pits ears other than cosmetic reason, hunting or fighting.

And NO you DONT have to crop your dogs ears for show
GENERAL APPEARANCE
The American Pit Bull Terrier is amedium-sized, solidly built, short-coated dog with smooth, well-definedmusculature. This breed is both powerful and athletic. The body is justslightly longer than tall, but #!**%@@ may be somewhat longer in bodythan dogs. The length of the front leg (measured from point of elbow tothe ground) is approximately equal to one-half of the dog’s height atthe withers. The head is of medium length, with a broad, flat skull,and a wide, deep muzzle. Ears are small to medium in size, high set,and may be natural or cropped. The relatively short tail is set low,thick at the base and tapers to a point. The American Pit Bull Terriercomes in all colors and color patterns except merle. This breedcombines strength and athleticism with grace and agility and shouldnever appear bulky or muscle-bound or fine-boned and rangy. Above allelse, the APBT must have the functional capability to be a catch dogthat can hold, wrestle (push and pull) and breathe easily while doingits job. Balance and harmony of all parts are critical components ofbreed type.

http://www.ukcdogs.com/WebSite.nsf/Breeds/AmericanPitBullTerrierRevisedNovember12008

Anyway..heres my boy 3yo
cb515de8711ba8e7dd7fd79f3ba6d174f7856ac.jpg
a2415de27a16aee7ac68a95f4bb251fe40ea431.jpg
d3a25c9ec37cf110a50e14697001335d1105332.jpg

Bloodline
fcf159e77a18ade28c1309cb218cdf06118af94.jpg

This is the problem right here. Even though you may seem to know what your saying, your still missing some key factors.
Im pretty sure you know BULLIES are not APBT. 2 diff breeds. APBT are/were NOT bread for protection but rather fighting and hunting. THATS why their ears were originally cropped. Not because a "gun man" will attempt to grab a pits ears
eyes.gif
. And till this day, theres no reason to crop a pits ears other than cosmetic reason, hunting or fighting.

And NO you DONT have to crop your dogs ears for show
GENERAL APPEARANCE
The American Pit Bull Terrier is amedium-sized, solidly built, short-coated dog with smooth, well-definedmusculature. This breed is both powerful and athletic. The body is justslightly longer than tall, but #!**%@@ may be somewhat longer in bodythan dogs. The length of the front leg (measured from point of elbow tothe ground) is approximately equal to one-half of the dog’s height atthe withers. The head is of medium length, with a broad, flat skull,and a wide, deep muzzle. Ears are small to medium in size, high set,and may be natural or cropped. The relatively short tail is set low,thick at the base and tapers to a point. The American Pit Bull Terriercomes in all colors and color patterns except merle. This breedcombines strength and athleticism with grace and agility and shouldnever appear bulky or muscle-bound or fine-boned and rangy. Above allelse, the APBT must have the functional capability to be a catch dogthat can hold, wrestle (push and pull) and breathe easily while doingits job. Balance and harmony of all parts are critical components ofbreed type.

http://www.ukcdogs.com/WebSite.nsf/Breeds/AmericanPitBullTerrierRevisedNovember12008

Anyway..heres my boy 3yo
cb515de8711ba8e7dd7fd79f3ba6d174f7856ac.jpg
a2415de27a16aee7ac68a95f4bb251fe40ea431.jpg
d3a25c9ec37cf110a50e14697001335d1105332.jpg

Bloodline
fcf159e77a18ade28c1309cb218cdf06118af94.jpg

pics are 8 months old
19656_267338433775_766103775_4479391_3458915_n.jpg

19656_267338418775_766103775_4479390_849943_n.jpg

30412_435541718775_766103775_5583999_3111475_n.jpg

about 3 months back: nappin with my homies dog kira.  his dog was 2 months back then, now shes the same size as bailey 
eek.gif
  shes gonna be huge!

wa37uv.jpg

bailey with my sisters yorkie mojo

pics are 8 months old
19656_267338433775_766103775_4479391_3458915_n.jpg

19656_267338418775_766103775_4479390_849943_n.jpg

30412_435541718775_766103775_5583999_3111475_n.jpg

about 3 months back: nappin with my homies dog kira.  his dog was 2 months back then, now shes the same size as bailey 
eek.gif
  shes gonna be huge!

wa37uv.jpg

bailey with my sisters yorkie mojo

Wow it took three pages for this to become an American Bully vs. American Pit Bull Terrier discussion.  Bully or APBT all of you have nice dogs.  Please if you can post Bloodlines. My family has both Bullies and APBT dogs. Razors Edge Bullies and Red Devil/Bolio APBTs.  Keep them coming.

Wow it took three pages for this to become an American Bully vs. American Pit Bull Terrier discussion.  Bully or APBT all of you have nice dogs.  Please if you can post Bloodlines. My family has both Bullies and APBT dogs. Razors Edge Bullies and Red Devil/Bolio APBTs.  Keep them coming.

Back
Top Bottom