NT pitbull owners v my dog treats yorkies like tennis balls

so i took little darryl to the dog park yesterday and today. people at this dog park dont like obeying the little dog/big dog areas. so when darryl was playingwith the big dogs all went well because they are all over the place. but when a little dog would come up and nip at her she would give chase and play with thelittle dogs the same as if they were a big dog. any way to prevent this or is this normal? she wasnt attacking the little dogs but as soon as they would runshe would bolt right after them and jump on them. i need to convince her that all dogs do not play like german shepherds.

also is this a normal dog park thing? i saw a lab give some little terrier the business because the little dog kept yapping and nipping at the lab. dogs had tobe separated and everything
laugh.gif

i don't think you can teach dogs to play with only certain kinds of dogs... i onoo

because my uncle had the same problem when he had a pitbull and yorkie.
the pitbull would always want to play with the yorkie but it would always bite too hard

I see you're getting Daryl ready for Filipino Night at Dodger Stadium, should be delicious.

Originally Posted by bright nikes

I see you're getting Daryl ready for Filipino Night at Dodger Stadium, should be delicious.

im sure you can sacrifice one of your 16 chihuahuas instead. let me borrow one to train darryl

Originally Posted by MECKS

i don't think you can teach dogs to play with only certain kinds of dogs... i onoo

because my uncle had the same problem when he had a pitbull and yorkie.
the pitbull would always want to play with the yorkie but it would always bite too hard
darryl wasnt even really biting, more like pouncing and rolling on top of the dogs. if the owners didnt look so terrified, i wouldnt have eventhought anything of it
laugh.gif

hmm...why does this comment seem a lil racist and offensive to me even though im not filipino

Originally Posted by In Yo Nostril

so i took little darryl to the dog park yesterday and today. people at this dog park dont like obeying the little dog/big dog areas. so when darryl was playing with the big dogs all went well because they are all over the place. but when a little dog would come up and nip at her she would give chase and play with the little dogs the same as if they were a big dog. any way to prevent this or is this normal? she wasnt attacking the little dogs but as soon as they would run she would bolt right after them and jump on them. i need to convince her that all dogs do not play like german shepherds.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
how you gonna name a girl dog "Darryl"

Edit: SUPER late

im sure you can sacrifice one of your 16 chihuahuas instead. let me borrow one to train darryl
2a8kxdt.jpg

embarassed.gif

Originally Posted by j671

hmm...why does this comment seem a lil racist and offensive to me even though im not filipino

I think you pee sitting down.

I'm filipino lighten up.

embarassed.gif

I'm filipino lighten up.
hmmmm.. i wonder what the report button does....you get a pass cause you filipino ..so is my wife

Do you walk your dog before you take it to the dog park, or do you take it to the dog park to get all of its energy out?

It's important that you take the time to walk your dog at least twice a day, because it helps it get out a lot of pent up energy, and you will noticebehavioral changes almost immediately (not as hyper).

As soon as we put our dogs on a feeding and walking schedule, we noticed an immediate shift in their behavior. They are much more relaxed.

Give the walking a try.

Additionally, you can follow your dog through the park and put her in a submissive state whenever other dogs confront her, so that she does not walk aroundtrying to dominate every dog. A properly socialized dog just gets along with all dogs, no dominating, just playing.

yea man pitbulls get a bad rap...i got a rednose mixed with a sharpay and she fun as hell hella smart....when i take her out everyone get scared if she comesclose to their dogs or them when really she is friendly...shes kinda small but buff for a pit real stocky she can hang with the big boys.

2a8kxdt.jpg

embarassed.gif

I'm filipino lighten up.
eek.gif

i want one!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hmmmm.. i wonder what the report button does....you get a pass cause you filipino ..so is my wife

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

My wifey is Mexican, what's your point?

Seriously, you're sounding like a female right now.

Hit the report button please.

Back
Top Bottom